The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Plenty of clubs in exactly the same position and we're not even halfway through the month. 

Wait until signings do happen and there'll still be people complaining.

I don’t buy that to be honest. We’re a lot shorter than most teams. A lot of teams are needing to improve, we’re needing to actually complete a squad. It’s not really just the signing front, are we offering players new terms? Our players are being pinched from us, are we even looking at PCA to come in? 

I don’t buy that to be honest. We’re a lot shorter than most teams. A lot of teams are needing to improve, we’re needing to actually complete a squad. It’s not really just the signing front, are we offering players new terms? Our players are being pinched from us, are we even looking at PCA to come in? 

We’ve either got slightly more or around the same number of first team players as ICT, Dundee, Dunfermline and QOTS. Quick look at Wikipedia will tell you that, although it’s up to yourself how many of the youth players in the teams you count.

Let’s get the players we need right now sorted in January and if Kerr wants to offer PCA’s then he can do so afterwards.

We're 3rd. There's plenty of teams who'd swap both our league position, nucleus and profile of our squad. 

The idea that a Keenans coach was pulling up in the club car park on the 2nd of January with new arrivals piling off it is laughable. 

driving school bus GIF by South Park

Reality checks urgently required. 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

We're 3rd. There's plenty of teams who'd swap both our league position, nucleus and profile of our squad. 

The idea that a Keenans coach was pulling up in the club car park on the 2nd of January with new arrivals piling off it is laughable. 

:thumsup2

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I wasnt particulatly getting at either the Celtic money or the Weir funds. Just noying that in the last 2 or 3 weeks they have agreed pre cobtracts with Darren Brownlie and Ross Docherty, signed Darrian McKinnon and Zak Rudden, are pursuing Jamie McCart, McCall publicly admitted to talking to a couple other Ayr players and I know they spoke to others too. They are spending cash. Where its coming from at this stage doesnt really matter.

Edited to add - Weir also cleared their debt so whether he transferred the assets or not, there will be a saving in debt finance too presumably.

This is True, let's hope a similar fate to that of Falkirk last season befalls them...........

45 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

We're 3rd. There's plenty of teams who'd swap both our league position, nucleus and profile of our squad

Isn't that what McCall and Partick are in fact doing................

1 minute ago, rb123! said:
2 hours ago, itzdrk said:
More interested in what Kerr is up to in terms of getting folk in.  

Apparently a guy on loan who's just returned from a long term injury. Obvs to have ourselves a constantly crocked player to replace Adams going

Frank Ross anyone  ???

Just now, rb123! said:
2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
Frank Ross anyone  ???

Only going by what someone is saying on the SRE, tbh he's one of the few who tends to be right.

SRE !!!! Absolutely no chance , folk on SRE are seriously quoting Ryan Fraser, Allan Hutton and Leigh Griffiths and they are fuming that we don’t go for players of that quality who are either at end of contracts or looking to loaned out 

Apparently a guy on loan who's just returned from a long term injury. Obvs to have ourselves a constantly crocked player to replace Adams going

We’ve been here before.

Although just because it happened with Ross doesn’t mean it’s definitely going to happen again. As long as he’s definitely fit and isn’t poorly managed by Kerr we should be ok.

SRE !!!! Absolutely no chance , folk on SRE are seriously quoting Ryan Fraser, Allan Hutton and Leigh Griffiths and they are fuming that we don’t go for players of that quality who are either at end of contracts or looking to loaned out 

I think Fraser was a joke tbf.

The story would match the one I heard yesterday so it’s probably true.

14 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Ryan Fraser is playing first team in the English Premiership, so I'd assume there's EVERY chance that Bournemouth will loan him out to a Scottish Championship side for the remainder of the season...............

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Ryan Fraser is playing first team in the English Premiership, so I'd assume there's EVERY chance that Bournemouth will loan him out to a Scottish Championship side for the remainder of the season...............

Biggest minter is you thinking it was a serious suggestion.