The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Very much doubt he will ever get near the first team. 1 goal in 16

Tbf Stranraer are apparently absolutely dreadful this season and he’s not even been on the bench at times so he’s probably been injured.

He’s not what we need right now so another spell on loan is probably needed.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Football Manager is probably where we're doing the majority of our scouting.

Heard Moff has been trying to make a cock and baws heatmap and that's why he's no playing 

Bottom line is that we’ll need to sign at least 10 players before the start of next season.  If we don’t have a strong January transfer window, I think we’ll leave ourselves with too much to do in the Summer.  We can only hope that there are 2 or 3 ready to step up from the academy.

Bottom line is that we’ll need to sign at least 10 players before the start of next season.  If we don’t have a strong January transfer window, I think we’ll leave ourselves with too much to do in the Summer.  We can only hope that there are 2 or 3 ready to step up from the academy.
Why is such a massive difference to previous years?

Some will sign on again, and we'll need to get a few in, with the big lad up front hopefully proving himself useful by that point.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Why is such a massive difference to previous years?

Some will sign on again, and we'll need to get a few in, with the big lad up front hopefully proving himself useful by that point.

Adams, Kerr and Doolan will have retired.   Harvie, Forrest and Docherty won’t re-sign.  Houston, Kelly and Doohan will return to their parent clubs.  And then there will be decisions to be made on the likes of Bell, Geggan and Muirhead and whether they are good for another year - my guess is all 3 will be retained as we have plenty of jerseys to fill elsewhere.  McCowan has faded a little recently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone (The Jobby) offered us a bit of cash for him.
It’s a major re-build job, and I would doubt we’ll have the finances to do it in one transfer window, hence the reason we really need to make a start this month.  

Adams, Kerr and Doolan will have retired.   Harvie, Forrest and Docherty won’t re-sign.  Houston, Kelly and Doohan will return to their parent clubs.  And then there will be decisions to be made on the likes of Bell, Geggan and Muirhead and whether they are good for another year - my guess is all 3 will be retained as we have plenty of jerseys to fill elsewhere.  McCowan has faded a little recently, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone (The Jobby) offered us a bit of cash for him.
It’s a major re-build job, and I would doubt we’ll have the finances to do it in one transfer window, hence the reason we really need to make a start this month.  

You might have a point.

The last two summers have been relatively quiet - with us extending deals and bringing in 4 or 5 (including loans).

We'll hopefully keep harvie, bell, muirhead, the big tall centre half, geggan, Murdoch, mcguffie, moffat, Moore and the young lad up front.

10 players with maybe ecrepont and a couple of other youngsters adding to the squad.

We'll need between 5-7 players under those circumstances - a bit more than the last two summers.

And that's if those mentioned stay, which isn't guaranteed. Hopefully Kerr can get a few key players in this window and it'll make it more like recent years.

One of the problems is that a lot of central positions need filled - and they're more important than wingers and full backs. Losing doc is such a blow and kerr is still one of our key players.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We'll hopefully keep harvie, bell, muirhead, the big tall centre half, geggan, Murdoch, mcguffie, moffat, Moore and the young lad up front.

Harvie wont stay and I'd argue 3 of them are not up to this level unfortunately.

Edited by Trogdor

No way Harvie stays, and the way Kerr has talked about the defence since he became manager you'd think he'd be after a new CB pairing. Geggan & Bell can you squeeze another season out of them, I'm not sure. Was always going to be a big rebuild job in the summer, we were talking about it even before this season started.

No way Harvie stays, and the way Kerr has talked about the defence since he became manager you'd think he'd be after a new CB pairing. Geggan & Bell can you squeeze another season out of them, I'm not sure. Was always going to be a big rebuild job in the summer, we were talking about it even before this season started.

I’d maybe Geggan but not Bell. Would get shot of Muirhead as well.

I like bell, and hope both he and geggan stay.

Ecrepont straight in as lb, hopefully get Houston signed up or maybe the youngster back on loan as rb.

Like I said, it's the centre half and centre mid areas that are most worrying.

McCowan, mcguffie, McKenzie, moff and Moore is a shit-load of attacking M's.

I like bell, and hope both he and geggan stay.

Ecrepont straight in as lb, hopefully get Houston signed up or maybe the youngster back on loan as rb.

Like I said, it's the centre half and centre mid areas that are most worrying.

McCowan, mcguffie, McKenzie, moff and Moore is a shit-load of attacking M's.

Yes to getting Ecrepont more involved but I’d like it if we could sign an older left back that can play elsewhere to take the pressure off him. Don’t want to rely on a 17 year old all season.