The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

His attitude and performances recently have been atrocious which to me indicates he either doesn't approve of Kerr or has his mind on somewhere else. Wouldn't be surprised if McCall is trying to tap him up.

His attitude?! Utter nonsense.

He’s unhappy at not playing which is fair enough as he should be. He’s never particularly great coming on as a sub.

36 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

His attitude?! Utter nonsense.

He’s unhappy at not playing which is fair enough as he should be. He’s never particularly great coming on as a sub.

Agree with this, Moffat has always performed better as a starter rather than a sub. As a sub he always struggles to make an impact tbh.

I can't see Moffat leaving in January. I'm still waiting on him reaching his 100 goals for us.

The real question with Moffat is can he play another season at this level? 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No chance. I don't want to slag a guy whos been forced to retire but he was never close to that. He should've had a top flight career, and likely a successful one in the right side, but thats it.

How much did you see of young Adams long before he arrived at St Johnstone already half crippled?

Adams was as good as any u20 Scottish midfielder I have seen in person. He would have been international standard for sure.

How much did you see of young Adams long before he arrived at St Johnstone already half crippled?
Adams was as good as any u20 Scottish midfielder I have seen in person. He would have been international standard for sure.

Sure he played in a final for Scotland in under 19s Euros against Spain. A few ex QOTS players in that squad actually.

5 hours ago, AuAl said:
6 hours ago, D said:

Sure he played in a final for Scotland in under 19s Euros against Spain. A few ex QOTS players in that squad actually.

Am I right in saying Brian Gilmour was part of that team as well?

You are. Adams played the full game and Gilmour was a substitute, coming on later in the match. 

9 hours ago, rb123! said:
11 hours ago, BukyOHare said:
You couldn't see Moff leaving surely? 
With the greatest respect, would he leave for a "bigger" move at this stage of his career. 
You'd hope he would be helping with our academy and getting his badges. 

His attitude and performances recently have been atrocious which to me indicates he either doesn't approve of Kerr or has his mind on somewhere else. Wouldn't be surprised if McCall is trying to tap him up.

Neither of your assumptions are correct , it was him along with most senior players who actually backed Kerr for the job , I would rather take their judgement than most of the FIFA 20 managers who frequent the SRE page and know better than the professionals 

Edited by Robbo63

7 hours ago, AuAl said:
8 hours ago, D said:

Am I right in saying Brian Gilmour was part of that team as well?

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

You are. Adams played the full game and Gilmour was a substitute, coming on later in the match. 

A few names in there....

Screenshot_20200110-085219_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He did (at centre back) but I see someone already posted those teams. 4 ex Queens players I think. Brian Gilmour, Ryan Conroy and Scott Fox too.

19 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The Scotland squad has some names of people that did ok in their careers and some absolute jobbers in there too!

The Spain squad has a few absolute world beaters though!

The majority of the lesser knowns in than Spanish squad have all gone on to play at a decent level in places like Greece. 
There has to be something fundamentally wrong in the gap between youth / senior in Scotland, whether it is down to player attitude, opportunity, coaching or a mixture I don't know but, the trajectory of the players in those squads highlights it. 

55 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

The majority of the lesser knowns in than Spanish squad have all gone on to play at a decent level in places like Greece. 
There has to be something fundamentally wrong in the gap between youth / senior in Scotland, whether it is down to player attitude, opportunity, coaching or a mixture I don't know but, the trajectory of the players in those squads highlights it. 

Aye I went through it a while back and even some of the ones I'd never heard of had two to three hundred La Liga games under their belt.  

Spain won the match 2-1 with striker Alberto Bueno scoring both goals.  Just going to assume that it was Scott Cuthbert marking him while big Jamie had Mata in his back pocket.  If anyone knows otherwise, please keep it to yourself haha

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The Scotland squad has some names of people that did ok in their careers and some absolute jobbers in there too!

The Spain squad has a few absolute world beaters though!

Interestingly (to me anyway) the Scotland player to go on and win the most senior international caps in that team is Michael McGlinchey for New Zealand. 

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I've always put it down to the drinking culture here.

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Probably a mixture of societal issues, outdated coaching methods and poor player attitudes.

I know a few people who formerly played for the youth teams of Premier League sides, and there tended to be a billy big bollocks attitude just because they had a youth contract with a professional team. They thought they had "made it" and were out drinking and telling girls in nightclubs that they were football players, when they should have been focusing on improving their game in order to "make it".

Only one of them is still playing professionally. I wonder why?

1 hour ago, The Gypsy King said:

Probably a mixture of societal issues, outdated coaching methods and poor player attitudes.

I know a few people who formerly played for the youth teams of Premier League sides, and there tended to be a billy big bollocks attitude just because they had a youth contract with a professional team. They thought they had "made it" and were out drinking and telling girls in nightclubs that they were football players, when they should have been focusing on improving their game in order to "make it".

Only one of them is still playing professionally. I wonder why?

Rubbish at chatting up girls in nightclubs?