The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If it was his mistake you would have thought someone at the time from the club would have noticed and done something to correct the mistake.

Maybe they were told it was until the end of the season.

I doubt it’s crept up on Kerr and caught him by surprise though. When we signed Kelly someone at Rangers said it’s normally a year long arrangement but everything gets reviewed in January. I’m not overly worried unless Rangers inexplicably want to start playing him or someone tries to buy him.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe they were told it was until the end of the season.

I doubt it’s crept up on Kerr and caught him by surprise though. When we signed Kelly someone at Rangers said it’s normally a year long arrangement but everything gets reviewed in January. I’m not overly worried unless Rangers inexplicably want to start playing him or someone tries to buy him.

Houston’s loan was until January according to the Rangers website when he signed 

3B7002AB-7442-4324-8CBC-B2A26D85C4BA.png

If it was his mistake you would have thought someone at the time from the club would have noticed and done something to correct the mistake.
As the 'guy who runs the Twitter' I was told at the time Houston's loan deal was for 12 months. I sought to confirm this before tweeting the story after seeing Rangers saying it was until January and the message back was: 'Gaffer [McCall] tells me it’s defo end of season with clauses for both clubs to end it in January' - which I think is standard for all loans.

Hope this wee peak behind the curtain of how these things work in practice helps. While I can't claim to have never made a mistake or two since taking over the Twitter account, I can only tweet the information I'm told.

prize money 2019 - 2020 Scottish Championship

1st – £562,500

2nd – £475,000

3rd – £400,000

4th – £325,000

5th – £250,000

6th – £225,000

7th – £212,500

8th – £200,000

9th – £187,500

10th – £175,000

As the 'guy who runs the Twitter' I was told at the time Houston's loan deal was for 12 months. I sought to confirm this before tweeting the story after seeing Rangers saying it was until January and the message back was: 'Gaffer [McCall] tells me it’s defo end of season with clauses for both clubs to end it in January' - which I think is standard for all loans.

Hope this wee peak behind the curtain of how these things work in practice helps. While I can't claim to have never made a mistake or two since taking over the Twitter account, I can only tweet the information I'm told.

Are you telling me it’s you that keeps us waiting ages between #imminent tweets and actual signings?

In all seriousness I’m fairly certain I read something along those lines when we signed Kelly and it seems to have been the case with the Hearts boys at Dunfermline as well.

11 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

source.gif

Are you telling me it’s you that keeps us waiting ages between #imminent tweets and actual signings?

Yeah. 75% of the time it's down to some breakdown in communication somewhere along the line meaning the announcement gets unexpectedly delayed, 25% if time it's just me revelling in folk losing their shit.

14 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Yeah. 75% of the time it's down to some breakdown in communication somewhere along the line meaning the announcement gets unexpectedly delayed, 25% if time it's just me revelling in folk losing their shit.

Was a big fan of someone getting raging on Saturday due to the way you tweeted the score. 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

:D Reckon you'll try hold out for 40k to be fair but if we get a PCA over the line then it'll probably drag the fee down

If you get a PCA you won't get him until the summer. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
I'd be quite happy if Houston is away, I think he's minging. 

Aye, but you're fucking nuts though.

Do we really need a full back that can't defend? 

Absolute disaster if we lose Houston, ain't going to be any RB out there atm we could get in really.

Can't see why rangers would want to stop the loan, not as if he's going to get near the first team. Unless another club aka Thistle have made an approach and offering to pay more of his wages