The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Are your hopes up for someone that can't get a game in that team? Makes me very suspicious tbh

I’m purely judging him based off his time at Morton where he did pretty well.

Falkirk fans seem annoyed that he’s not living up to expectations but I’m not really sure what they expected. He’s a good passer and imo would be pretty decent in Kerr’s position but I think they’ve been playing him further forward. Might be totally wrong btw.

Their team is littered with a bunch of absolute sand dancers and shitebags that they thought would stroll that league. Totally the wrong approach from McKinnon.

McCall was always good with those type of signings (with a couple of exceptions). But can Kerr recreate that success?
McCall's record with young players surely has to be classed as exceptional, will be very hard to replicate. With older ones not so much, always a bit hit and miss.

18 hours ago, rb123! said:
20 hours ago, D said:

If it was indeed Sibbald then surely he’d have known a couple of weeks ago he wasn’t an option as he’s been doing well for ages now.

I wouldn’t be actively letting anyone go unless there’s a ready made replacement to take his place.

Robbie Neilson said he hoped to have a player signed by next weekend, hope it isn't Forrest.

We're already down Ross, Adams and Murdoch since the summer in what was already a small squad, we could potentially be losing Doc early and Kerr is looking to be playing less and less.

I'd say it would be an act of sheer lunacy to let anyone (including Doc) leave before we've brought in at least three new faces who would all be immediately ready for first team action...........

McCall's record with young players surely has to be classed as exceptional, will be very hard to replicate. With older ones not so much, always a bit hit and miss.

If anything it was the signings we thought were guaranteed to do well (Harkins, Balatoni, Stevenson) were the ones that didn’t work out.

Plucking Michael Rose out of Aberdeen’s development side was a stroke of genius and I’d be amazed if we did a deal as successful as that so soon.

If anything it was the signings we thought were guaranteed to do well (Harkins, Balatoni, Stevenson) were the ones that didn’t work out.

Plucking Michael Rose out of Aberdeen’s development side was a stroke of genius and I’d be amazed if we did a deal as successful as that so soon.
Aye, fair points.

As I posted it I had shivers thinking about harkins.

Too much baggage, especially with Harkins. I'm sure every manager he's played under was sure they could get the best out of him, but the fact he must be nearing double digits in clubs show he's a lost cause.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Even with Rose he wasn't an instant success. I guess that's more expected with young players.

In his first season I was not convinced but he was getting played in centre midfield and not starting games. His second season when we won League One he was immense though.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

I know we’re only a week into the window, but the lack of movement and rumours is worrying. Kerr needs a good window. Maybe the post will shed some light today.

There has only been about 3 transfers done in this window so far , a lot does not happen to round about 12/13th as that’s when most premiership clubs return from winter break and decide who they are realising or putting out on loan 

There were a lot of rumours about who we were signing last January and it ended up a pretty disappointing window so maybe Kerr is just trying to keep everything under wraps for now.

A wee signing this week wouldn’t go amiss though.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

There were a lot of rumours about who we were signing last January and it ended up a pretty disappointing window so maybe Kerr is just trying to keep everything under wraps for now.

A wee signing this week wouldn’t go amiss though.

In fairness, both Miller and Cadden were seen as very good signings when announced as was Muirhead from a squad perspective.

Unfortunately it was all down hill from there............

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Adams retirement confirmed.

Hope that is the pose for his statue next to the David Kennedy one. Gutting to lose him, but probably for the best for Jamie given he has an already physical job.