The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Double checked and it's right.  Turner scored for them. Arbroath defeat was a few days later.

Yeah Bells debut and he missed a sitter.

Another Hart blunder gave them the winner despite them having a man sent off.

1 minute ago, mps02 said:

Whatever else happens, we really need to start beating our 'bogey' teams, starting with Dunfermline.

I wouldn't class Dunfermline as a 'bogey' team. However, Inverness are a definitely bogey as are Queen of the South away.

Was that not a bad tempered game too, especially between Bell & Adams. Or that might have been one of the earlier games.

Think they were always a bit bad tempered.

The 2-0 game at Somerset that season was the one where Bell and Robertson got sent off.

In the 5-1 game Bell actually got the better of Adams but the rest of his team were gash.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought that was before the New Year and that our 2-1 defeat to Arbroath was the first game of the year.

Edit: Just checked and you’re spot on. Forgot we played the Stranraer game on the 2nd which was a Tuesday.

Was just about to post that - I'm in Portpatrick just now and was here that New Year as well.  Shankland and Forrest were superb and I'm pretty sure Michael Rose played centre mid - we signed Steven Bell post match.  Still the only away game I've ever been too on my tod funnily enough. 

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah Bells debut and he missed a sitter.

Another Hart blunder gave them the winner despite them having a man sent off.

Bell and Hart combined for Arbroaths winner that day I think.  Bell was seeing it back and Hart came flying from nowhere and missed it

See the right back Hewitt has been recalled from his loan at Kilwinning and goes into the squad for Saturday.

I would actually like us to get Liam Miller involved at some point. He’s been at Kilwinning as well and has had some good reviews.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See the right back Hewitt has been recalled from his loan at Kilwinning and goes into the squad for Saturday.

Don't particularly like the sound of that as we are absolutely fine in that position as it stands with Houston and Geggan

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

Don't particularly like the sound of that as we are absolutely fine in that position as it stands with Houston and Geggan

Expecting to hear "Allowing Geggan to concentrate on a midfield role is as good as a new signing " soon.

7 hours ago, Hursty said:

I don't feel fine with Houston tbh.  Wouldn't care in the slightest if he was recalled or sent back. 

Right, where are all the rumours of signings? I need some tidbits to keep me going... positivity really being tested.

Is Hewitt the kid who played in the friendly against BSC Glasgow last March? If memory serves I thought he was quite good. Granted it was BSC Glasgow.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Right, where are all the rumours of signings? I need some tidbits to keep me going... positivity really being tested.

Is Hewitt the kid who played in the friendly against BSC Glasgow last March? If memory serves I thought he was quite good. Granted it was BSC Glasgow.

A decent player , and don’t worry we will improve the squad , some players may not be available right away as some being mentioned could be on trips with their clubs during the Premiership winter break 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Jordan Houston to Partick. 

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would actually like us to get Liam Miller involved at some point. He’s been at Kilwinning as well and has had some good reviews.

Miller has been on loan to Irvine Vics, along with Grant Thorburn and Gabe Skeoch.