The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I guess he was referring to the fact Roberts was sacked (sorry it was by mutual consent) by Queens Park today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/50958327

Honestly never knew that, perhaps he's getting himself free for the Ayr job coming up. Humblest apologies to the train guy. 👍

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by BukyOHare

One CM to replace Kerr and another CD, you can tell they are not happy with the options there. Expect that'll be about it, would be good if they could get it done early.

As for still being fourth I'll be giving the credit for that to other teams more than the management team.

Should be able to get another loan in too, maybe another CM for that.

36 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

One CM to replace Kerr and another CD, you can tell they are not happy with the options there. Expect that'll be about it, would be good if they could get it done early.

As for still being fourth I'll be giving the credit for that to other teams more than the management team.

Should be able to get another loan in too, maybe another CM for that.

Maybe it'll be a CM and a ST be coming in.

Announce Fraser Aird and Osman Sow.

40 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Maybe it'll be a CM and a ST be coming in.

Announce Fraser Aird and Osman Sow.

Tidser available on loan apparently. Surely worthy of making an enquiry, he'd jump at the chance to play in the Championship and wouldn't say no to Ross Callachan either., who must be looking for games. 

Tidser available on loan apparently. Surely worthy of making an enquiry, he'd jump at the chance to play in the Championship and wouldn't say no to Ross Callachan either., who must be looking for games. 

I’d take Tidser. He could probably fill in at Kerr’s position pretty comfortably.

Not sure on Callachan. Dundee and QOTS were quoted as being interested but maybe worth a look anyway.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d take Tidser. He could probably fill in at Kerr’s position pretty comfortably.

Not sure on Callachan. Dundee and QOTS were quoted as being interested but maybe worth a look anyway.

I remember Callachan to be a physical hardworking midfielder, certainly not as technically gifted as Tidser would be. 

Both would certainly fit into the squad and hopefully both, for their own reasons, would have points to prove in the Championship. 

13 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Great shout. 

Looked back the last few years to see how we traditionally do in the first game of the new year, and it's mostly losses, mostly to Stranraer of all teams.

Last 5 years we’ve lost them all.

Not expecting any movement in the next 2 days so just get something from Saturday and look to start recruiting next week.

Edit: 2011 was the last time we started the calendar year with a win.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Last 5 years we’ve lost them all.

Not expecting any movement in the next 2 days so just get something from Saturday and look to start recruiting next week.

Edit: 2011 was the last time we started the calendar year with a win.

Soccerbase says we beat Stranraer 5-1 on 2/01/18, but yeah, traditionally don't do well.

Soccerbase says we beat Stranraer 5-1 on 2/01/18, but yeah, traditionally don't do well.

I thought that was before the New Year and that our 2-1 defeat to Arbroath was the first game of the year.

Edit: Just checked and you’re spot on. Forgot we played the Stranraer game on the 2nd which was a Tuesday.