The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I turned round and had a go at a guy giving racist abuse to a Killie player at Hampden. I felt trying to call the guy out publicly was better than reporting it to a steward.

It would be nice if more people got involved in self-policing but it's not easy.

Tackling the problem directly is the only way things will improve.

I attended the Dundee Derby on Friday and the sexist abuse given to the woman running the line was ridiculous. Unfortunately I fear it would be the same at Somerset.

I think a lot of folk don't understand that connecting a comment about a person's race or gender is simply unacceptable. I think they genuinely think they're just giving abuse.

There are plenty of hilarious insults that can be used against folk without bringing these aspects into play. I wish folk would realise that.

Maybe time for the club to put up a stand to this. Offer a facility to report racist/homophobic etc abuse anonymously by text or something  during the match. 

This isn't the clubs fault but people need to know that they are not welcome to make comments aloud, of that type in the stadium or they will be banned and reported to the authorities. 

Self policing is the only way to effectively deal with it and if fans don't feel confident to speak out, they should have the facility to report it without fear of abuse. 

The headline in the press wont be, some wingnut that started following Ayr 3 months ago in some Green Street fantasy with his pals..............racially abuses a player he probably doesn't know the nationality of. It'll be, QOTS player racially abused by Ayr fan. 

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe time for the club to put up a stand to this. Offer a facility to report racist/homophobic etc abuse anonymously by text or something  during the match. 

This isn't the clubs fault but people need to know that they are not welcome to make comments aloud, of that type in the stadium or they will be banned and reported to the authorities. 

Self policing is the only way to effectively deal with it and if fans don't feel confident to speak out, they should have the facility to report it without fear of abuse. 

The headline in the press wont be, some wingnut that started following Ayr 3 months ago in some Green Street fantasy with his pals..............racially abuses a player he probably doesn't know the nationality of. It'll be, QOTS player racially abused by Ayr fan. 

Well he wildly got the nationality of Faissal wrong.  

19 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Playing 442 it has been murder. 

Have Ayr not been playing more 4 2 4. Forrest & McCowan offer nothing defensively. Moffat been out of sorts for weeks . Need to go for a more solid look against Dunfermline 

1 hour ago, DeStevie said:

Have Ayr not been playing more 4 2 4. Forrest & McCowan offer nothing defensively. Moffat been out of sorts for weeks . Need to go for a more solid look against Dunfermline 

Our best performances have been a 433 with McCowan and Forrest wide but in and around supporting Moffats clever link up play, not that Moffat was an out and out striker but everything seemed to flow well and the tempo of our play was really good. 

Having Kerr and Doc in the midfield also allowed Kelly and both full backs to get further forward where they're at their most dangerous. We're missing this vital threat and becoming too easy to play against. 

Injuries, suspensions, fatigue / loss of form, have meant a tinkering of the team and formation. For me it all stems back from trying to shoehorn Moore into the starting eleven. Not a criticism of Moore before anyone has a go but more of a general observation. 

442 for us, looks deliberate and cumbersome and there definitely doesn't seem to be the same tempo to our play or threat from wide areas. There's also more of an emphasis on the 2 central midfielders which again doesn't play to our strengths which should be built around a high tempo possession game with overloads in the wide areas. All that said formations mean nothing with some of the basic individual errors we've been making. 

Hopefully the January window will allow us the chance to regroup and refresh what looks a tired, predictable and jaded squad. 

Just ordered a ticket for the cup game on my ancient phone with no problems. The pdf file was attached although I believe the game is loaded onto the season ticket card as well, given I was logged in?

Yeah it should be.

McArdle in the AP saying the target when he and Kerr took over was to stay in a decent position until January and get some new players in. Fair enough they’ve done that but it’s a miracle we’re still in the playoffs right now.

He hopes that the January business can be concluded quickly.

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McArdle in the AP saying the target when he and Kerr took over was to stay in a decent position until January and get some new players in. Fair enough they’ve done that but it’s a miracle we’re still in the playoffs right now.

He hopes that the January business can be concluded quickly.

Sounds promising.

I reckon 2/3 out:

I'm assuming Doolan to Thistle and big Jamie retiring so 2 out. Question mark over whether Docherty moves to Thistle if it happens it will be towards the end after we have a replacement in.

I hoping for 3/4 in: 1 centre half, 2 centre midfielders (1 to allow Kerr to step back & 1 to potentially replace Docherty) & 1 big target man.