The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the chat about folk being unhappy that a racist incident was reported yesterday by the home fans?

Apparently he was only a teenager but why are people raging it was reported?

I take it this relates to the announcement midway through the first half about racial abuse not being tolerated? I did wonder at the time as there had been no obvious stoppage in play for the referee to request it. I took it as read it must have related to something aimed at either Osman or El Bakhtaoui.

Good to hear if someone in the home support actually reported it themselves. Well done that supporter(s).

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the chat about folk being unhappy that a racist incident was reported yesterday by the home fans?

Apparently he was only a teenager but why are people raging it was reported?

Bunch of gimps. 

27 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

For those fortunate enough not to be on the SRE, what's actually happened? At the moment it seems to be a game of riddles. 

Worst football forum on earth , stopped reading it months ago , most negative fans ever and full of fiction 

For those fortunate enough not to be on the SRE, what's actually happened? At the moment it seems to be a game of riddles. 

From what I’ve read on Twitter a young guy was giving El Bakhtaoui racial abuse and was reported to the stewards by itzdrk’s burd. He was chucked out and I think that was the end of it but apparently she’s now getting stick for it and being called a grass on Twitter and the SRE. Pretty shitey behaviour giving grief to the person trying to sort the problem out rather than the folk actually at fault.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

From what I’ve read on Twitter a young guy was giving El Bakhtaoui racial abuse and was reported to the stewards by itzdrk’s burd. He was chucked out and I think that was the end of it but apparently she’s now getting stick for it and being called a grass on Twitter and the SRE. Pretty shitey behaviour giving grief to the person trying to sort the problem out rather than the folk actually at fault.

Kind of sums up all that's wrong with society as a whole and clearly a small section of our support. 

Anybody even thinking that reporting this is somehow unacceptable behaviour also needs to be reported.

Thinking about it, it's a pity only one person in earshot of the person responsible felt obliged to speak up and huge credit to them for doing so. If they indeed were the only one who did. 

How would people like to be racially abused if they or a family member, were a different ethnicity or nationality than the majority and happened to be employed in another country?

Hopefully the person responsible was also charged and reported by the police as well as getting a lifetime ban from the club. Just ejecting people from the ground isn't the message to send out. 

What about signing some PT players in  January, or getting some signed up for next season. The hybrid model is one I think  we'll probably end up with at some point, and having 3 or 4 in the squad I don't  think will be such a bad thing.

It does allow you to go into the market of the best part time players that aren’t interested in going full time because of work. I know a few of the Arbroath lads are in that boat like Thomas O’Brien.

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s a fair number of backwards cretins in our support, and to be quite honest any time I notice it it’s mostly the ex-Regazzi brigade or the younger ones who latch onto them.

It really isn’t that uncommon to hear racist/homophobic/sexist shite being spouted unfortunately. Not to mention singing songs about opposition players dying.

If you call that out on the SRE though you’ll get called a grass and told you’re in the PC brigade.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If that is the situation it really is shocking. What the f**k is wrong with people?

The tit giving the racial abuse should be the person getting hounded. Along with those mind cripples sticking up for him/her.

Well played Itzdrk’s partner. 👏👏

I would like to think if I heard that, no matter who it was directed at, or what team they played for I would do the same.

Edited by qos_75

24 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Kind of sums up all that's wrong with society as a whole and clearly a small section of our support. 

Anybody even thinking that reporting this is somehow unacceptable behaviour also needs to be reported.

Thinking about it, it's a pity only one person in earshot of the person responsible felt obliged to speak up and huge credit to them for doing so. If they indeed were the only one who did. 

How would people like to be racially abused if they or a family member, were a different ethnicity or nationality than the majority and happened to be employed in another country?

Hopefully the person responsible was also charged and reported by the police as well as getting a lifetime ban from the club. Just ejecting people from the ground isn't the message to send out. 

Some older boy was more interested in why we were giving the kids grief but when we said what happened he got them right telt too.  Presuming if he was the width of a barrier behind and didn't hear it then nobody else did. 

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What about signing some PT players in  January, or getting some signed up for next season. The hybrid model is one I think  we'll probably end up with at some point, and having 3 or 4 in the squad I don't  think will be such a bad thing.

Flannigan at Alloa another decent PT option. 

On an unrelated theme is Hare Reid ready to be the starting keeper next season? I have my doubts so that's potentially another vital position to be looking at if Doohan doesn't come back for next season. 

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Well Bell and Adams have always been part time so we definitely aren't above it.  Depends on how Kerr feels, he might be looking at the state of his defence and wanting his players to be working together every day. 

21 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Flannigan at Alloa another decent PT option. 

On an unrelated theme is Hare Reid ready to be the starting keeper next season? I have my doubts so that's potentially another vital position to be looking at if Doohan doesn't come back for next season. 

I would say on current form he is not far behind Doohan 

Also for the record, Kerr has managed 10 games with 3 wins, 1 draw and 6 losses. Granted it's not great but he needs to get January to try to bring in his own players. It's far too early to say whether it is a good or bad appointment.

"I actually unfollowed SRE on facebook this morning after I read the abuse. Didn't realise it was Itzdrk's partner at the time obviously". 

Same here.. SRE not worth looking at nowadays.  Cannot believe the abuse given to the lass for reporting racism.

Edited by stevep56

I actually unfollowed SRE on facebook this morning after I read the abuse. Didn't realise it was Itzdrk's partner at the time obviously. 
Unfollowing has been coming though, and this was the deal breaker. Shower of roasters!

Most people are total roasters and couldn’t count to three on that page! I have considered it but it is comedic value at times.

I agree though. The abuse that people are giving to itzdrk and his mrs is shocking! Though the guy that was wanting a square go with him at the bellrock made me chuckle!

I really think anyone defending the racists or abusing someone for being a “grass” should be banned from entering Somerset!