The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Partick will definitely catch us.  Alloa have just beaten Dunfermline away and Arbroath won at Inverness.  The form table confirms that we are currently the worst team in the league.  We are clearly in serious trouble.  I dismissed it as gossip a few weeks back, but it is evident that Kerr has lost the dressing room, assuming he ever had it in the first place.  The players look more pissed off than the fans quite honestly.  You think back 8-10 weeks to the confidence and spirit that was in that group of players and you look at them now.

Anyone who thinks we are about to sign 5-6 decent players in January is nuts.  At best it will be the usual horde of waifs and strays.

Don’t really blame Kerr.   It was a stupid, reckless and utterly negligent appointment by Cameron.

It's not evident at all tbh.

The players looking dejected doesn't point to them not having faith in Kerr. They were one of the reasons Cameron appointed him in the first place. 

49 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We weren't like that last week, not even close.

We attacked with pace and purpose, for into great areas but lacked a finish.

If teams sit back on us then we're vulnerable. That was our problem last year too. But scoring first will massively help. Also, with us sliding down the table more teams will look to come at us and that will suit us.

Folk are being a bit too negative here.

Possibly - I'm just going with what I've seen. Last 4 home games I've been at we have lost to Dundee, Dunfermline, Inverness and QoS and we haven't managed  goal from open play in any.  QoS and Dunfernline games it was absolute walking pace right up until the last few seconds where we nearly snatched a draw in both.  It's fine saying we played well last week but at the end of the day we still got pumped 4-0 and for all the good play dont seem to have threatened their keeper much. 

The good thing is we do seem to have the beating of Alloa and Morton so should be fine realistically -  but any other team in the league who have a few big defenders and a midfield that sits fairly deep will beat us 9 times out of 10.  Dunfermline lost 3-1 today at home to Alloa yet I'd be VERY surprised if we go there and take a point. 

Edit - this isn't a dig at Kerr particularly - it reminds me very much of the same time last year - I remember we played Falkirk at home just after new year and they were 7/1 or something to win, and the most predictable 0-1 of all time was played out.  Just dont see where we are getting out of this - at least last year we had an injured Shankland to hope he came back. 

Edited by Hursty

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It's not evident at all tbh.

The players looking dejected doesn't point to them not having faith in Kerr. They were one of the reasons Cameron appointed him in the first place. 

We’ve gone from being one of the best teams in the league to the abject worst.  In the space of 2.5 months.  The team had confidence, a bit of grit and showed some real quality at times.  The same group of players now look like relegation fodder.

What’s your explanation?  I’ve never seen the slightest indication the players wanted Kerr.  Stewart maybe, but not Kerr.  And don’t hide behind injuries, because that was always nothing but an excuse.

So 2 maybe 3 in January. And McCardle isn't happy about the pitch.

Kerr doesn't come across bad in his interviews, most  of what he says makes sense.I'd be a lot more worried about things if he was a Yogi at Raith type or the like. Sounds like he might be dropping a few players sooner rather than later.

We’ve gone from being one of the best teams in the league to the abject worst.  In the space of 2.5 months.  The team had confidence, a bit of grit and showed some real quality at times.  The same group of players now look like relegation fodder.
What’s your explanation?  I’ve never seen the slightest indication the players wanted Kerr.  Stewart maybe, but not Kerr.  And don’t hide behind injuries, because that was always nothing but an excuse.
Exactly the same happened last season, and something similar the year before.

We lack strength - and we struggle at this time of year. We need bodies in, all throughout the spine of the team.

But there's still a team there, with a lot of potential.

The state of some of the folk on here. We're simply regressing to the mean, we were massively over performing for most of last season and the early part of this season and will in all likelihood finish around mid table. All things being equal its where we should probably be. 

Folk need to get realistic in their expectations. 

This shite 442 experiment needs to get to f**k, it hasn't worked in any game. 

Our biggest focus needs to be getting big Mark a goal, he is very clearly going to run riot once he forces something into the goal. 

11 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Injuries is an excuse you don't like to hear when in fact it's entirely relevant. Maybe not now but it absolutely was a few weeks back. 

Teams go through bad runs and those runs lead to drop in confidence. It's not rocket science. Throwing around nonsense that the players have lost confidence in Kerr when you have no evidence of that is just a lazy excuse in order to blame Kerr. 

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So 2 maybe 3 in January. And McCardle isn't happy about the pitch.

Kerr doesn't come across bad in his interviews, most  of what he says makes sense.I'd be a lot more worried about things if he was a Yogi at Raith type or the like. Sounds like he might be dropping a few players sooner rather than later.

He clearly isn't a natural in front of the camera but he definitely tries to explain his thinking behind things which I can appreciate. 

2 or 3 in with perhaps 1 going out is the bare minimum we need imo but I'm pleased he's going to be looking at getting a bit of physicality into the team. 

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

This shite 442 experiment needs to get to f**k, it hasn't worked in any game. 

Our biggest focus needs to be getting big Mark a goal, he is very clearly going to run riot once he forces something into the goal. 

How many games is that he's come close? I make it 3 or 4 now. 

He had some nice touches today when he came on but he should burst the net with that chance at the death. 

27 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We should stop crossing balls into the opponents box, corners included, we get absolutely nothing out of them.

Agree with this. We are pathetic at corners. All Queens needed was one at the start of the game...boom. 

A Mark Kerr GTF thread is looming i fear, his managerial record of 1 win in 7 is sackable, he'll get and deserves another month imo to buy but Partick are only 7 points behind....

A kevin nisbet trouncing at East End Park next week will send many over the edge and want him out.

The state of some of the folk on here. We're simply regressing to the mean, we were massively over performing for most of last season and the early part of this season and will in all likelihood finish around mid table. All things being equal its where we should probably be. 
Folk need to get realistic in their expectations. 

Oh sorry everything is great, you fucking mediocre loving Lachlan worshiping VOR reading c**t