The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Results elsewhere at the moment confirm we are in serious trouble.  I’ve tended to defend Kerr, but he clearly hasn’t a clue what he’s doing and can’t even turn to an experience coach for help.
Last week's first half was excellent. We dominated the team at the top of the league completely, and should've led at half time (but for having a pretty average striker and a honking linesman call).

That's proved to me he can get us playing well - but there's no doubt he's under pressure.

With 28 points already, even if we continue playing like that until the end of the season, it’s likely we’d pick up enough points to stumble across the line. However if things don’t change we’ll easily slide down the table and finish 7th or 8th.

Last week's first half was excellent. We dominated the team at the top of the league completely, and should've led at half time (but for having a pretty average striker and a honking linesman call).

That's proved to me he can get us playing well - but there's no doubt he's under pressure.

I agree that we were excellent but the worrying aspect is that he had us playing well in a certain formation after weeks of being abject and then went back to the 4-4-2. It doesn’t suit any of our best players.

That is inexplicable.

I'm normally fairly positive but I can see us going down coming a mile off. We are horrendous.  No urgency whatsoever going forward and incapable of a clean sheet.  It's all well and good keeping nice possession etc but when both centre halves and  both centre mids cant make a 5 yard pass meaning when you do get it wide you have 2 banks of 4 who seem to be more up for putting a challenge in than we do.  Its horrific to watch

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

With 28 points already, even if we continue playing like that until the end of the season, it’s likely we’d pick up enough points to stumble across the line. However if things don’t change we’ll easily slide down the table and finish 7th or 8th.

Is it though?  Need 3, maybe 4 wins to do that and the pressure is only going to build.  Looking ahead I cant see us getting a single point in January for example 

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

Don't think it's likely that the teams at the bottom will catch us even if we barely pick up any more points 

Partick will definitely catch us.  Alloa have just beaten Dunfermline away and Arbroath won at Inverness.  The form table confirms that we are currently the worst team in the league.  We are clearly in serious trouble.  I dismissed it as gossip a few weeks back, but it is evident that Kerr has lost the dressing room, assuming he ever had it in the first place.  The players look more pissed off than the fans quite honestly.  You think back 8-10 weeks to the confidence and spirit that was in that group of players and you look at them now.

Anyone who thinks we are about to sign 5-6 decent players in January is nuts.  At best it will be the usual horde of waifs and strays.

Don’t really blame Kerr.   It was a stupid, reckless and utterly negligent appointment by Cameron.

1 minute ago, FergR said:

McCardle standing alone, hands in pockets, like a dog walker watching a game down the park looked pretty pitiful. Kerr’s excuse-laden BBC interview also devoid of passion or any hint there’s a clear plan. Anyone got Yogi’s number?

Hardly a surprise. He has literally no experience of coaching or managing professional football players.  He does have HNCs and a laptop though. Quite idiotic appointment.

3 scenarios as I see it:

1.  Kerr will amass 4-6 points between now and mid February, with us falling out of the top 4 and being overtaken by Partick.

2.  Attendance will plunge at Somerset and fan power / dressing room will see Kerr out the door by the Partick game on 31st jan. Geggan and Moff taking the team till a new gaffer is put in place.

3.  Kerr will get money to play with in january window, bring in 4 players, let 2 go and all is good in life as we finish in top 4.

I'm normally fairly positive but I can see us going down coming a mile off. We are horrendous.  No urgency whatsoever going forward and incapable of a clean sheet.  It's all well and good keeping nice possession etc but when both centre halves and  both centre mids cant make a 5 yard pass meaning when you do get it wide you have 2 banks of 4 who seem to be more up for putting a challenge in than we do.  Its horrific to watch
We weren't like that last week, not even close.

We attacked with pace and purpose, for into great areas but lacked a finish.

If teams sit back on us then we're vulnerable. That was our problem last year too. But scoring first will massively help. Also, with us sliding down the table more teams will look to come at us and that will suit us.

Folk are being a bit too negative here.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We weren't like that last week, not even close.

We attacked with pace and purpose, for into great areas but lacked a finish.

If teams sit back on us then we're vulnerable. That was our problem last year too. But scoring first will massively help. Also, with us sliding down the table more teams will look to come at us and that will suit us.

Folk are being a bit too negative here.

I agree with this and your earlier post.

Kerr has shown that when he gets our best team on the park we can play well going forward. Defence is still a massive issue but he's working with what he's got an here's hoping that can fixed in January. Kerr's stupidity with the ref and getting sent off last week has hurt us more this week as he wasn't playing and we switched back to the 4-4-2. Still doesn't explain why Docherty wasn't playing today as he looked decent coming off the bench. 

For all the stick Moore gets, I'd be quite happy sticking with the forwards we've got if it means we can address the centre backs and bring in central midfielders in January. If Doolan does leave then that might change but I'm starting to think he'll be here until the summer. 

Understandably. 18 points from 9 games prior to Kerr's appointment and 10 from the 10 games since. Hardly a stellar start. Maybe a couple of wins will see the confidence return but we are starting to look at the bottom rather than top end of the table. Not panicking yet, but certainly starting to get worried. Is it as simple as sticking to 433 as 8t works for us while 442 clearly doesn't?

46 minutes ago, FergR said:

McCardle standing alone, hands in pockets, like a dog walker watching a game down the park looked pretty pitiful. Kerr’s excuse-laden BBC interview also devoid of passion or any hint there’s a clear plan. Anyone got Yogi’s number?

Why on Earth would you want John Hughes?

Fair enough you don't like Kerr but don't then resort to bringing in someone like Hughes.