The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s one game he’s out for if it was 2 bookings. Although there now appears to be some confusion as to what actually happened to get him sent off.

He’s never getting sacked before the end of the season, nor should he. If he fucks up his recruitment in January and we end up even worse off then I’ll jump on the bandwagon but managers in general aren’t given enough time these days.

League is very tight though and Partick for one are bound to go up the way in the second half of the season, Kerr will get January to make his additions and probably February but if by March it's looking grim and we've slid down the table get him to f**k and someone in for the last couple of months to save our season.

Not convinced he'll have the contacts in the game or eye for quality signings like McCall did but hope i'm wrong.

Get Doolan to f**k and Zak Rudden, Bruce Anderson or Scott Wright in the door in January, need height and physical presence up front, first half today was screaming for someone up front to hold the ball up. I fear however a certain McCall will be after any of those three strikers.

Cameron’s history tells you Kerr won’t be sacked through the course of this season.  I think it was a ridiculous appointment by the board, but we’ve made our bed now.  If we accept that we are in a relegation battle (we are) rather than a chase for a play off spot, then I think we need to focus what little cash we have on the defence and midfield.  I think Moore, Moffat, Doolan and maybe mckenzie should be enough for us to scramble towards the 40 point mark.  But the lack of options elsewhere is a serious problem.

10 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Cameron’s history tells you Kerr won’t be sacked through the course of this season.  I think it was a ridiculous appointment by the board, but we’ve made our bed now.  If we accept that we are in a relegation battle (we are) rather than a chase for a play off spot, then I think we need to focus what little cash we have on the defence and midfield.  I think Moore, Moffat, Doolan and maybe mckenzie should be enough for us to scramble towards the 40 point mark.  But the lack of options elsewhere is a serious problem.

If we're in a relegation battle then so are Dundee and Dunfermline.

Our form is bad at the minute but that doesn't automatically equal a relegation battle. Whether or not it was a ridiculous decision or not, as you say the board have made their choice and with everyone aware of fresh money coming in then they've no option but to back Kerr in January.

If we get the right players in then they're is absolutely no reason we can't finish 2nd or 3rd which is an improvement on last season. Even 4th would be great but you'd almost have to rule out getting anywhere in the playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, HMIP said:

CB is alarming, all 3 options been shite recently, also noticed McCardle said in post match interview that we need to score 2 or 3 goals as a head start, he's obviously aware of how shite we are defensively and unable to keep a clean sheet.

Would be surprised if none of us at some point in our careers haven't been lured to a new position, for more money, with an ex-boss you like, with the prospect of more interesting work.

I know I have.

Add to that the finite length of a pro footballer's career, boys are having an absolute laugh slating Doc. As if it's even unheard of.

8 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Would be surprised if none of us at some point in our careers haven't been lured to a new position, for more money, with an ex-boss you like, with the prospect of more interesting work.

I know I have.

Add to that the finite length of a pro footballer's career, boys are having an absolute laugh slating Doc. As if it's even unheard of.

The tribal nature of football supporters turns them into utter idiots when it comes to things like this. These players owe Ayr United and their supporters f**k all. They weren't given a wage and place in the team as some sort of charity.

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we're in a relegation battle then so are Dundee and Dunfermline.

Our form is bad at the minute but that doesn't automatically equal a relegation battle. Whether or not it was a ridiculous decision or not, as you say the board have made their choice and with everyone aware of fresh money coming in then they've no option but to back Kerr in January.

If we get the right players in then they're is absolutely no reason we can't finish 2nd or 3rd which is an improvement on last season. Even 4th would be great but you'd almost have to rule out getting anywhere in the playoffs. 

A quick look at the table and recent results elsewhere tells you that the only thing that's changed is that we've lost form and ceased winning, every other team is still poor and inconsistent with the exception of Dundee Utd.

Alloa managed 14 points in the first half of the season, if they manage the same number in the second half then they will attain 28 points which is the total we ALREADY have. As such I don't accept for one minute that we are in a "relegation battle".

Arbroath are also in freefall, Morton are still pretty poor despite picking up the odd result and Partick are still shocking despite the false narrative that McCall has "turned things around", he hasn't.

Continuing the Thistle theme, spending loads of money in January and having a huge turnaround in playing staff is no guarantee of success as Falkirk can fans will tell you, Yes, it worked for St. Mirren a couple of years back but it doesn't work for everyone.

I will agree that we ourselves are not playing well, we've got quite a few problems and confidence is also low, however we're certainly no worse off than the majority of sides in this league and the difference is that we already have 28 points on the board which is a BIG thing in this league.................

Let’s just get to 40 points and worry about promotion after that.  I think Alloa will go down automatically as they are easily the poorest side we’ve played this season.  But the play off spot is still wide open.  I think our strong start to the season ought to see us safe, but outside of the Alloa game and the 1st half yesterday, we’ve been rank rotten for weeks.  

Bottom line for me is that between now and the start of next season, we are going to need at least 10 new players, with hopefully 1 or 2 of that number stepping up from the youths.  That rebuild process needs to start in January as I think it will be too much to achieve in the Summer.  

Not saying it’s easy.  Whatever you think of Kerr, whoever was Ayr manager at the moment would be facing a huge challenge.  It’s sobering to think that only 3 players from the 5-0 win at Tannadice 12 months ago started the game yesterday.  

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t think we’ll be signing Craig Sibbald. Seems to have started the last few games for Livingston. 

Contract up at end of season ! He is only getting a game due to some short term injuries at Livi , he has not been offered a contract extension from them yet , he has substituted in the 3 games he has been involved in , one of them was late on though other 2 within 70 mins 

Edited by Robbo63

Contract up at end of season ! He is only getting a game due to some short term injuries at Livi , he has not been offered a contract extension from them yet , he has substituted in the 3 games he has been involved in , one of them was late on though other 2 within 70 mins 

Holt is apparently a fan of his though.

I’d say the chances of a move in January are pretty slim.