The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, Lochwood said:

I absolutely love the Doc as a player has good games and a few howlers too, but can he be club captain now, Absolutely no way for god sake. Good luck to him taking the queens shilling  few would not and why not.,We need to have a new club captain without doubt for god sake, think about it.

Will very rarely agree with you, but I have the same feelings here. Shouldn’t even be playing.

7 hours ago, Lochwood said:

I absolutely love the Doc as a player has good games and a few howlers too, but can he be club captain now, Absolutely no way for god sake. Good luck to him taking the queens shilling  few would not and why not.,We need to have a new club captain without doubt for god sake, think about it.

WAPT ❤️💛🤔

Will very rarely agree with you, but I have the same feelings here. Shouldn’t even be playing.
Fans need to look at the bigger picture. Doc is a good player and we need him in the team. We do not have an abundance of midfielders so it is key he plays. I am disappointed, however, that Doc has announced he is leaving midway through the season. It is not a good example to the team so for that reason he should be stripped of the captaincy, but he certainly should be in the squad. Why shoot ourselves in the foot?

3 minutes ago, Honest Lass said:
4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Fans need to look at the bigger picture. Doc is a good player and we need him in the team. We do not have an abundance of midfielders so it is key he plays. I am disappointed, however, that Doc has announced he is leaving midway through the season. It is not a good example to the team so for that reason he should be stripped of the captaincy, but he certainly should be in the squad. Why shoot ourselves in the foot?

For me it just sends out the message that players in reality don’t particularly care about playing here. With Docherty injury issues and the apparent legalities behind the PCA (McCall starting they’re not worth the paper they’re written on) why would Docherty go all guns blazing into challenges, push himself to the max only to risk and injury. Then Partick looking at him thinking hmm, 5 month injury, maybe just forget it. It’s not even January yet as well, around half way through the season and he’s more interested in next IMO. Get rid of him in January and look to who will come and replace him. Said the same with Smith last year (another deciding to go to a direct opponent). At least with Shankland, he waited till he had left and with Rose, he was actually making a step up and we have some sort of sell on fee.

5 minutes ago, Honest Lass said:

A point well made, I expect Kerr will sign a replacement and Doc will then join Thistle for a nominal fee in January. 

Thing that annoys me about the whole Docherty affair, is that this is just a cheap way to sign a player in January who’s under contract. I fully believe McCall knows exactly what he’s doing. This could’ve been done on the quiet and if he signed in the Summer know one would’ve minded. By this is just pushing at the rules imo.

58 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Thing that annoys me about the whole Docherty affair, is that this is just a cheap way to sign a player in January who’s under contract. I fully believe McCall knows exactly what he’s doing. This could’ve been done on the quiet and if he signed in the Summer know one would’ve minded. By this is just pushing at the rules imo.

I would love it, and I mean fucking love it if we could replace doc in Jan and leave him languishing in the reserves for the next 6 months.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

For me it just sends out the message that players in reality don’t particularly care about playing here. With Docherty injury issues and the apparent legalities behind the PCA (McCall starting they’re not worth the paper they’re written on) why would Docherty go all guns blazing into challenges, push himself to the max only to risk and injury. Then Partick looking at him thinking hmm, 5 month injury, maybe just forget it. It’s not even January yet as well, around half way through the season and he’s more interested in next IMO. Get rid of him in January and look to who will come and replace him. Said the same with Smith last year (another deciding to go to a direct opponent). At least with Shankland, he waited till he had left and with Rose, he was actually making a step up and we have some sort of sell on fee.

What's the difference between Rose agreeing a move 6 months in advance and Docherty doing the same? Why is Docherty's commitment being questioned while no such doubts were expressed about Rose?

I understand that Rose's destination had universal approval among Ayr fans, and Docherty's has universal disapproval. But it seems like people are just upset with him for agreeing a deal with Thistle and are trying to rationalise their feelings by questioning his commitment. He has no more reason to down tools now than Rose and Smith did last season, and neither of them did.

What's the difference between Rose agreeing a move 6 months in advance and Docherty doing the same? Why is Docherty's commitment being questioned while no such doubts were expressed about Rose?
I understand that Rose's destination had universal approval among Ayr fans, and Docherty's has universal disapproval. But it seems like people are just upset with him for agreeing a deal with Thistle and are trying to rationalise their feelings by questioning his commitment. He has no more reason to down tools now than Rose and Smith did last season, and neither of them did.

Massive difference about signing a pre contract with a team in another country to signing one with a rival in the same division. I really shouldn’t have to explain this tbh.

5 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Are you thick?

Rose has moved to a side who could be challenging for a place in the English championship.

Doc has signed for a side who are fighting to stay in the Scottish championship.

Completely different in every sense. 

14 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Massive difference about signing a pre contract with a team in another country to signing one with a rival in the same division. I really shouldn’t have to explain this tbh.

How does that difference manifest on the pitch? Is Docherty going to pull out of tackles that Rose didn't? Did Smith start pulling out of them after his pre-contract with Dundee United was announced?

Edited by Meathead

18 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Are you thick?

Rose has moved to a side who could be challenging for a place in the English championship.

Doc has signed for a side who are fighting to stay in the Scottish championship.

Completely different in every sense. 

Clearly I must be. Why does Rose moving to a better team in a different country mean he kept trying his best for the rest of his contract, but Docherty moving to a team in the same division means he won't?

11 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Clearly I must be. Why does Rose moving to a better team in a different country mean he kept trying his best for the rest of his contract, but Docherty moving to a team in the same division means he won't?

My god man, if you can’t figure that out you really are a meathead. 

One is bettering his career, the other is s money grabbing maggot.

Docherty isn’t going to get a move better than a team in this league and whether you like it or not Thistle will stay up and be better than us next season.

The best he can do is go to whatever team is offering him good money in this league.

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

No, I can't figure it out. Please explain to me what Docherty will do differently now. I want to learn.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Docherty isn’t going to get a move better than a team in this league and whether you like it or not Thistle will stay up and be better than us next season.

The best he can do is go to whatever team is offering him good money in this league.

That’s a punt.

theres still every chance of them doing a Falkirk.

2 minutes ago, Meathead said:

No, I can't figure it out. Please explain to me what Docherty will do differently now. I want to learn.

For a start Michael rose was not playing games  that could have in impact on what league he is playing in next year.

whats to say doc doesn’t shit outta challenge, score an og, give away a corner that could have in impact on next seasons leagues?

Just now, Meathead said:

It really comes down to his character.

Before this occurred I would have been confident it wouldn't affect him if he was moving somewhere else but it's his motivation I find difficult to reconcile with his character, he has always given 100%.

However, he basically said he is moving for the money. If he is moving for the money, I question his motives. The fact he was comfortable with this coming out publicly I question his sanity. I also think reading between the lines he is trying to force a move to Thistle in January. It all feels a little too coordinated between him and McCall for my liking.

I also think any player would be impacted playing their future club both positively and negatively. 

Further, I can't imagine now he has lost the captaincy he is going to be the life and soul of the dressing room. I've no idea how it will affect his relationship with other players or squad cohesion.

However, to suggest nothing will change seems frankly a bit bizarre to me. The only change will be a negative one. I don't understand why so many refuse to see it.

59 minutes ago, Meathead said:

I literately said why in the post you quoted, I’ve highlighted below for this like yourself who are hard of reading. 

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said: