The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

Ayr just need to accept their place in the food chain.

Before anyone says it, i have accepted Airdries place

Very true. Could be more pacified though if Ayr started doing similar and buying the best players from in and around Airdrie's level 

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Very true. Could be more pacified though if Ayr started doing similar and buying the best players from in and around Airdrie's level 

In fairness the season we won promotion from league 1 through the playoffs that’s exactly what we did. Hand picked the best players from league 1. Boyle and Doc from Airdrie, Gerry and Trouten from Brechin, Fleming from Stenny etc. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In fairness the season we won promotion from league 1 through the playoffs that’s exactly what we did. Hand picked the best players from league 1. Boyle and Doc from Airdrie, Gerry and Trouten from Brechin, Fleming from Stenny etc. 

I’m talking more recent times since we started being fisted by spending  power 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

I’m talking more recent times since we started being fisted by spending  power 

If we'd players worth stealing the fisting would have persisted for a lot longer.

Mark Kerr at Ayr has known about Ross every step of the way. I actually brought him to Dundee United in the same way when he was at Falkirk. He understands the situation.

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

Even if Kerr knew about the approach, it doesn’t justify McCalk leaking it to the Press.

Worth remembering as well that when McCall left, it wasn’t announced by either club - first confirmation came from a leak to guess who, the “Voice of Reason”.

Again you can’t guarantee it was McCall who leaked it.

when erskine and Paton signed pre contracts with Dundee United it was our chairman who leaked it - not to sure why unless it was to fire up dislike of Dundee United and Jackie McNamara (we already disliked him anyway)

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Again you can’t guarantee it was McCall who leaked it.

when erskine and Paton signed pre contracts with Dundee United it was our chairman who leaked it - not to sure why unless it was to fire up dislike of Dundee United and Jackie McNamara (we already disliked him anyway)

Given the journalist concerned it's pretty obvious it is McCall. He has been feeding Gilmour stories for 5 years at Ayr.

Suggesting otherwise is just daft tbh.

Thistle fans shouldn’t be in the least bit bothered if it was McCall that leaked. It’s just the underhanded kind of stuff I’d want my manager to try and do.

Ultimately it’s shit for us if he’s just trying to force a move through in January.

14 minutes ago, RichardRoyWasUnderrated V2 said:

‘Christopher-Massamba Mandiangu failed to make a single appearance for Hamilton, however Ayr united manager Mark Kerr is willing to take a punt on the striker currently in the Polish third tier.’

Anybody else totally underwhelmed?

21 minutes ago, RichardRoyWasUnderrated V2 said:

‘Christopher-Massamba Mandiangu failed to make a single appearance for Hamilton, however Ayr united manager Mark Kerr is willing to take a punt on the striker currently in the Polish third tier.’

Where are you getting this quote from? 

44 minutes ago, RichardRoyWasUnderrated V2 said:

Where are you getting all this shite from?