The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Jordan Houston - Wasn’t really sure what to expect but he’s pretty good. Gets up and down the pitch pretty well and I wouldn’t be against us renewing his loan for next season. 7/10

Contract at Rangers up at end of season , not being renewed at Rangers , his dad says he loves it at Ayr so I would like to see us sign him on a permanent contract 

Weir will not be throwing money at Thistle for players as that's not his style, he'll purchase the assets and ensure the club are on a stable financial footing and then step aside. Grassroots and youth development is more his interest.

Forrest will not be going to Thistle as his loyalties lie at Ayr as opposed to McCall. Apart from this he can and undoubtedly will be aiming much higher than a relegation threatened Championship club should he be leaving Somerset.

Harvie is miles above this level and is improving with each game, it's complete and utter fantasy stuff to think that he'll be heading to Firhill.

Irrespective, it's an unsavoury episode with regards to Doc, it could and should have been handled much better and there's no doubt that a section of our support whether rightly or wrongly will hound Doc for this decision.

It really is a difficult one to reconcile as a supporter, we've lost our Manager and Assistant to a close rival mid season and then they've come in and tapped up our Club Captain again in the middle of the season, Yes, it's perfectly legal, but as a supporter it's going to be very difficult to applaud this guy knowing that he's walked out on us without a care. There's obviously his own personal case that he's increased his salary and been given a 2 year deal with increased job security, however most fans don't look at it in quite that way.

Would I leave my job to join a rival while in the middle of a project for an extra few quid ? Would I think of the impact it had on my business and colleagues if I walked in the middle of this project ? Honestly, I don't know if I would and if I did I would feel very bad about it and would expect to be bad mouthed by my former colleagues.

As I say, it's a difficult one for all parties involved.............

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Weir will not be throwing money at Thistle for players as that's not his style, he'll purchase the assets and ensure the club are on a stable financial footing and then step aside. Grassroots and youth development is more his interest.

Forrest will not be going to Thistle as his loyalties lie at Ayr as opposed to McCall. Apart from this he can and undoubtedly will be aiming much higher than a relegation threatened Championship club should he be leaving Somerset.

Harvie is miles above this level and is improving with each game, it's complete and utter fantasy stuff to think that he'll be heading to Firhill.

Irrespective, it's an unsavoury episode with regards to Doc, it could and should have been handled much better and there's no doubt that a section of our support whether rightly or wrongly will hound Doc for this decision.

It really is a difficult one to reconcile as a supporter, we've lost our Manager and Assistant to a close rival mid season and then they've come in and tapped up our Club Captain again in the middle of the season, Yes, it's perfectly legal, but as a supporter it's going to be very difficult to applaud this guy knowing that he's walked out on us without a care. There's obviously his own personal case that he's increased his salary and been given a 2 year deal with increased job security, however most fans don't look at it in quite that way.

Would I leave my job to join a rival while in the middle of a project for an extra few quid ? Would I think of the impact it had on my business and colleagues if I walked in the middle of this project ? Honestly, I don't know if I would and if I did I would feel very bad about it and would expect to be bad mouthed by my former colleagues.

As I say, it's a difficult one for all parties involved.............

Posts that won’t age well....!

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Jordan Houston - Wasn’t really sure what to expect but he’s pretty good. Gets up and down the pitch pretty well and I wouldn’t be against us renewing his loan for next season. 7/10

Contract at Rangers up at end of season , not being renewed at Rangers , his dad says he loves it at Ayr so I would like to see us sign him on a permanent contract 

Def should try to sign him up permanently, maybe even ask them to release him early and get it done in January.

Def should try to sign him up permanently, maybe even ask them to release him early and get it done in January.

Yeah I’d be delighted if we got him permanently and if it was done in January it frees up another loan for Kerr to use.

Zak Rudden is back at Rangers in January so I’d be asking about him if we do get rid of Doolan.

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Cheers for the heads up. I'll forward onto Mr McCall asap 😉

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I’d be delighted if we got him permanently and if it was done in January it frees up another loan for Kerr to use.

Zak Rudden is back at Rangers in January so I’d be asking about him if we do get rid of Doolan.

That's why we're not taken Doolan back until the summer apparently.

1 minute ago, malkyshotton said:

Heard Kelly is back at Rangers because he is injured. Any truth in this? and if so is it just cause Rangers want to have a look at injury or something else.

Sake, don't  really be needing that news now. Not been a good week for the Ayr midfield.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He hasn't set the heather on fire at Plymouth but then again

Heard Kelly is back at Rangers because he is injured. Any truth in this? and if so is it just cause Rangers want to have a look at injury or something else.

Guess we’ll find out Saturday but that’s the last thing we need.

53 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Must have a good footballing family as going by above comment it must be his twin who looks good in training today at Ayr 

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Must have a good footballing family as going by above comment it must be his twin who looks good in training today at Ayr 

Good to know. Came from a friend who is also an Ayr fan. He was talking to Mark Kerr at open day thing. 

I did read that Kelly had picked up a knock.a couple of games ago - probably on here.  I'd guess (and hope) it's something as simple as Rangers wanting their physio to give a bit of treatment to their own player if he has a niggle rather than trust him to his loan club - I'd have thought that was a fairly standard thing for loan deals from bigger clubs?

28 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Good to know. Came from a friend who is also an Ayr fan. He was talking to Mark Kerr at open day thing. 

Your friend was correct in a way , he was getting his recent injury checked out , no issues 

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

There's obviously his own personal case that he's increased his salary and been given a 2 year deal with increased job security,

I dont get the increased job security bit, let's be honest he was never going to be without a club.

He's left for the money pure and simple. 

Anyone interested in a replacement should look no further than Airdrie's Kurtis Roberts.

Playing consistently well this season and one of a few players in League 1 capable of making the step up to at least the Championship. Still only 25 and with loads of scope to keep improving.

44 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I dont get the increased job security bit, let's be honest he was never going to be without a club.

He's left for the money pure and simple. 

Anyone interested in a replacement should look no further than Airdrie's Kurtis Roberts.

Playing consistently well this season and one of a few players in League 1 capable of making the step up to at least the Championship. Still only 25 and with loads of scope to keep improving.

A two year deal absolutely offers more job security than one year. If he got a bad injury towards the end of year 1 he knows he still has another year of pay while he recovers rather than potentially being unemployed for a few months.

However I’m pretty sure we’d have been willing to offer him a two year deal so I don’t think that’s a factor. He’s went for a better wage, and if he’s central belt based something closer to home. At this level that’s fair enough really.

If anyone has had a bad injury like Docherty they'll know the feeling of not quite being as confident in their body as previously. I've been there too.

Disappointed he's leaving but this idea of giving him abuse is nonsense. Beyond the two years there is a decent chance his income stops.

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS