The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m inclined to agree but it’ll require a big effort next month to get the right players in.

Aye need 3 or 4 quality additions. Hopefully with the added revenue of the new director we will manage to get that. 

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:
5 minutes ago, D said:

I’m inclined to agree but it’ll require a big effort next month to get the right players in.

Think we're capable of 3rd or 4th but as we know you get shafted with the play offs finishing in those positions.

Aye to have a realistic change of promotion I think you need to finish 2nd. 

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Never thought he was that great in possession tbh, especially last few games. Same with his passing recently. But yeah, the defensive side of his game is good but is the type of thing that largely goes unnoticed.

With these forced changes there's an opportunity for Kerr to change things up a bit. First thing I'd be doing is getting some height into the middle of the park.

Wouldn't surprise if there's at least one other player signed as well, or about to. Expect McCall won't leak that one till a few days before we're due to play them

Regarding your last paragraph m sure it been rumoured for a while by both sets of supporters that Doolan is returning to Firhill?

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Regarding your last paragraph m sure it been rumoured for a while by both sets of supporters that Doolan is returning to Firhill?

Yeah but that's almost a given from our point of view. I'd be more disappointed if it didn't happen tbh. 

I've still a sick feeling that he's going to convince someone like Harvie or Forrest to sign. 

Yeah but that's almost a given from our point of view. I'd be more disappointed if it didn't happen tbh.  I've still a sick feeling that he's going to convince someone like Harvie or Forrest to sign. 

Looks like Partick are going to be throwing about stupendous amounts of money in January just like Dundee United did with Shankland  

We can't just offer Forrest and Harvie an 18 month triple your wage contract just to stop McCall taking them. At the end of the day Weir won £170m in the euro millions so he's not short of a bob.

6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Was thinking/dreading more Harvie or Forrest.  Doolan seems too obvious at this point, can see him being here for the season now, and do nothing.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Looks like Partick are going to be throwing about stupendous amounts of money in January just like Dundee United did with Shankland  

We can't just offer Forrest and Harvie an 18 month triple your wage contract just to stop McCall taking them. At the end of the day Weir won £170m in the euro millions so he's not short of a bob.

I can’t see any of the 2 of them signing for Thistle , I believe they will both be premier players in mid to lower premiership teams , 

How would the compensation laws work for us if Forrest leaves in the summer?  Is it still the case that we would be due a fee as long as we had offered him terms, due to him being under 24?  No idea if that's still the rule (or if it even was)

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

How would the compensation laws work for us if Forrest leaves in the summer?  Is it still the case that we would be due a fee as long as we had offered him terms, due to him being under 24?  No idea if that's still the rule (or if it even was)

We would have to buy you a happy meal pretty much. 

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

hopefully be able to get another quality loan in, not sure what area Kerr would  use to fill that with though.

I don’t think the playing squad will be any less at end of January than it is now , I think any player who goes will be replaced at the least 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

“Stupendous amounts of money.” We’e signed someone on a pre-contract who will currently be on a lot less than most of our squad. Calm down, dear. 

“Stupendous amounts of money.” We’e signed someone on a pre-contract who will currently be on a lot less than most of our squad. Calm down, dear. 

Docherty being on a lot less than most of your current squad says a lot more about the amount you’re currently paying out for utter shite tbh.