The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ross Docherty.....

WTF

He can f**k off, take him next month. Hope the same happens with him as what happened to Tidser when he signed a PCA with Falkirk, ended up dropping to league 1.

Money grabbing rat bag, should never kick a ball for us again. Who announces deals like this 6 months before he'll actually move.

Let the squad unsettling begin....

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He can f**k off, take him next month. Hope the same happens with him as what happened to Tidser when he signed a PCA with Falkirk, ended up dropping to league 1.

Money grabbing rat bag, should never kick a ball for us again. Who announces deals like this 6 months before he'll actually move.

"Money grabbing rat bag" 😂

It's very annoying although understandable given the cut throat nature of this business.

I honestly thought Doc would have been one of the least likely to leave, as the club always stood by him when he was out and he seemed pretty committed as well. He always comes across as a genuine guy and although never a stand out, he has actually improved recently.

Being honest I have mixed feelings as a fan, I don't wish him any ill will but by the same token I will find it hard cheering a guy on who I know is walking out on us to join one of our direct rivals (similar to McCall). I suppose being the club captain makes it even harder to swallow and unlike Shankland and Smith he's not exactly advancing his career by joining Thistle, who may as noted previously, actually be relegated. (with any luck)..............

33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

U ok?

Edited by VladimirMooc

Interesting addition to he Ayr board. Could there be a bigger plan ahead? Somerset and Hawkhill Bowling club must be a prime spot for building houses? Then possibly the money for an edge of town purpose built stadium/ training facility? 🤔

Interesting addition to he Ayr board. Could there be a bigger plan ahead? Somerset and Hawkhill Bowling club must be a prime spot for building houses? Then possibly the money for an edge of town purpose built stadium/ training facility? [emoji848]

He was quoted this morning in the paper as saying he likes Somerset and any improvements would likely be made to the current stadium rather than build a new one.

Construction guys are always for the watching when it comes to football clubs but this seems to be more of a personal venture through supporting Ayr rather than a business one where he can make some quick cash.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was quoted this morning in the paper as saying he likes Somerset and any improvements would likely be made to the current stadium rather than build a new one.

Construction guys are always for the watching when it comes to football clubs but this seems to be more of a personal venture through supporting Ayr rather than a business one where he can make some quick cash.

I wasn’t trying to imply he’s in it for a quick buck. It’s hard to raise funds for improvements due to depreciation value of the stadium. Any idea of his investment? Cash for shares or just bringing his business acumen to the boardroom? 

I wasn’t trying to imply he’s in it for a quick buck. It’s hard to raise funds for improvements due to depreciation value of the stadium. Any idea of his investment? Cash for shares or just bringing his business acumen to the boardroom? 

I’ve no idea of any figures but Cameron said he’s put a “substantial” cash injection in already which should partly help Kerr out in January. I would think in a year or two he’ll buy Cameron out and the club will be his.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

f**k off McCall. Certainly not irreplaceable and not the player Murdoch is.

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Yeah, good show Ross. Take four years to start playing well and then bugger off at the next opportunity. Hope Partick enjoy the 20 games he's fit for each season.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Strip the captaincy from him, hang him from the Somerset road end. This behaviour will not be tolerated. 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Be some laugh if Partick end up going down this season now. Can only assume Partick have offered him a substantial wage rise. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

1 hour ago, malkyshotton said:

He'll shine in League 1

1b1e55831e1809240a1cb8d690fc6467.gif

My guess is Partick have announced this now to try and force the move through in January if they cough up a fairly nominal fee.  The players position is basically unsustainable now and both Ayr and Partick will know that.

I can’t really blame the player for taking the extra money, but it will upset a few given the way we’ve stood by him through long term injury.  Really don’t have much to say about McCall - yes he’s a hypocrite given his complaints last season about Liam Smith, but in the end we need to focus on building our own club and focus on yesterdays positive news.