The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

6 games in and apparently the dressing room’s been lost and Kerr needs to go. That entire Somerset Road End page needs rounded up and kept separate from the rest of society.

If only the club had consulted that guys wife who works in HR Recruitment then all this could have been avoided.

16 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If only the club had consulted that guys wife who works in HR Recruitment then all this could have been avoided.

It’s honestly the most pathetic group of people that inhabit that page. That guy Ian Dunlop is desperate for us to be in the Lowland League so he can be as miserable as possible, tragic.

It’s honestly the most pathetic group of people that inhabit that page. That guy Ian Dunlop is desperate for us to be in the Lowland League so he can be as miserable as possible, tragic.

Dunlop, Somerville and Nelson are the biggest cretins on that page and that’s saying something with the quality of posters on that site.

The meltdowns are ridiculous as are the calls for Kerr's head or that he doesn't know what he is doing. The squad is 5 players down. Meaning he has limited options to actually change it up during games or bench/rotate those underperforming.

Kerr should be given the time to bring in his own players and have a proper preseason as manager. This season is all about continuing to be a Championship club, if we are top 4 great if not as long as we are far enough clear of 9th I'll be content. 

You can call this a lack of ambition but for me we have to be realistic and Kerr needs time. I've saw and heard enough from him to convince me he is not another Mark Roberts.

7 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The meltdowns are ridiculous as are the calls for Kerr's head or that he doesn't know what he is doing. The squad is 5 players down. Meaning he has limited options to actually change it up during games or bench/rotate those underperforming.

Kerr should be given the time to bring in his own players and have a proper preseason as manager. This season is all about continuing to be a Championship club, if we are top 4 great if not as long as we are far enough clear of 9th I'll be content. 

You can call this a lack of ambition but for me we have to be realistic and Kerr needs time. I've saw and heard enough from him to convince me he is not another Mark Roberts.

Whilst Kerr should be given time the reality is that we appear to be in a bad way financially at the minute. We probably have to be aiming higher than just surviving as the extra cash from league placing will be vital. Unless of course some new funding appears that allows some breathing space. If as mentioned Kerr is earning proper managers wages then I’d be wanting to see results that reflect that. Likewise if he’s been hired to cut costs  then I can’t expect too much from him in the short term 

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The players that are missing have been missing for months or in the case of Doolan and Ross never contributed anything in the first place, so this excuse can only go so far.  We still have the same team that was flying a few weeks back.  Can’t believe that the team I watched against Dunfermline is essentially (except McCowan) the same team that blew Partick away 4-1.  The players look absolutely lost at the moment - devoid of confidence, a picture of frustration and a yard off the pace.  

As far as Kerr goes, we’ve made our bed so we’ll have to lie in it.  However, I do think it was essential to learn the lesson of the Roberts era and make sure he had an experienced assistant rather than a boys club coach.   To go from the combined experience of McCall, Scally and Stewart to this is a mess of Cameron’s own making.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunlop, Somerville and Nelson are the biggest cretins on that page and that’s saying something with the quality of posters on that site.

We have 2 or 3 on here also , likely the same ones with a different account , SRE is the most depressing football forum on the net I think , 

10 hours ago, HMIP said:

The players that are missing have been missing for months or in the case of Doolan and Ross never contributed anything in the first place, so this excuse can only go so far.  We still have the same team that was flying a few weeks back.  Can’t believe that the team I watched against Dunfermline is essentially (except McCowan) the same team that blew Partick away 4-1.  The players look absolutely lost at the moment - devoid of confidence, a picture of frustration and a yard off the pace.  

As far as Kerr goes, we’ve made our bed so we’ll have to lie in it.  However, I do think it was essential to learn the lesson of the Roberts era and make sure he had an experienced assistant rather than a boys club coach.   To go from the combined experience of McCall, Scally and Stewart to this is a mess of Cameron’s own making.

Yes, I'd agree with most of this. I wasn't there yesterday however the most distressing thing about Tuesday night for me was the style of play seemed to have changed from our quick passing game to more of a play it sideways backwards and forwards across our defence and then punt it sort of game, which apart from being hellish to watch just simply doesn't work with a team of midgets and basically nullifies the threat of Forrest and Moffat.

Maybe it was McCowan's absence which had a major effect on this, but again that's also quite distressing if one player can make such a difference. I also think losing Kerr from the team is a major miss as he's probably our best midfielder especially with Murdoch being out. Kelly has potential but I feel he's playing too deep and also needs someone like Kerr beside him who can put his foot on the ball and link up the play.

All that being said, Kerr must be given time and we should hopefully know more following our next two home matches against Arbroath & Alloa..........

Edited by WATTOO

We have 2 or 3 on here also , likely the same ones with a different account , SRE is the most depressing football forum on the net I think , 
Just waiting for them to creep onto this forum and create an account just to offer everyone a square go to who has slagged them off and for us to get called Keyboard warriors

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I'd agree with most of this. I wasn't there yesterday however the most distressing thing about Tuesday night for me was the style of play seemed to have changed from our quick passing game to more of a play it sideways backwards and forwards across our defence and then punt it sort of game, which apart from being hellish to watch just simply doesn't work with a team of midgets and basically nullifies the threat of Forrest and Moffat.

Maybe it was McCowan's absence which had a major effect on this, but again that's also quite distressing if one player can make such a difference. I also think losing Kerr from the team is a major miss as he's probably our best midfielder especially with Murdoch being out. Kelly has potential but I feel he's playing too deep and also needs someone like Kerr beside him who can put his foot on the ball and link up the play.

All that being said, Kerr must be given time and we should hopefully no more following our next two home matches against Arbroath & Alloa..........

Good post , the loss  of McCowan  has resulted in us playing 2/3 out of position to cover from him , where as maybe the easiest way was just putting McGuffie in his place , I believe we will see a much different team on Tuesday ( weather permitting) I can see Kerr , McCowan and Bell all being on from start ,

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Nonsense, this place is pretty tame compared to that page.

6 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Good post , the loss  of McCowan  has resulted in us playing 2/3 out of position to cover from him , where as maybe the easiest way was just putting McGuffie in his place , I believe we will see a much different team on Tuesday ( weather permitting) I can see Kerr , McCowan and Bell all being on from start ,

I'd be happy with that, I'm also big fan of Bell as think we really miss his composure and  passing out from the back when he's not in the team.

23 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Has he been injured? Haven't noticed him featuring for the reserves either, perhaps problems out with football I don't know, but a strange one to cite his lack of game time if he hasn't been injured.

On 07/12/2019 at 20:09, rb123! said:

Patience and trust in Kerrball is beginning to wear thin already, next two games are must wins, no less than 6 out of 6 will be acceptable, if we get less than maximum points i believe we'll get dragged into the relegation battle. I already do think we will get into trouble in the bottom half of the table but not being able to beat two part time teams would cement my thoughts about relegation.

This also brings up the debate of how good our squad actually is in terms of talent, are players like Forrest, Harvie, Moffat, Kelly, Docherty and Doohan as phenomenal as we really thought. Or was it the case of Ian McCall's qualities as a manger meaning he got them overachieving in terms of performances because in the few games under Kerr, Harvie and Forrest have returned to their absolute dugmeat best.

Only way to stop this slide is to get in a half decent experienced manager like Peter Houston, or give Kerr money in January to go out and get a proper experienced 3rd coach in the dugout and at least 4 or 5 decent signings. It's an absolute joke that the board and Cameron think it's acceptable to run at a squad size which has meant we've only been able to fill a whole bench 5 times out of 15 games.

If he gets no other coach in on the sidelines and only gets the funds for a couple of shitey signings it's only going one way in my feeling and it's the same way we went with Mark Roberts, downwards...

I would hope we'd get two wins as well, however I don't think it's fair to EXPECT the 6 points, especially as Arbroath are having a fantastic season and are only three points behind ourselves.

Taking Saturday in isolation, QOS were beaten at home by a quite horrendous Partick side, big spending Dundee were held at home to "part time" Arbroath and runaway leaders Dundee United had to come from behind to only narrowly beat the other part time side Alloa at home, keeping in mind they've already been beaten by them at Recreation.

Honestly, any side can beat any side at any given time in this league and NOTHING can ever be taken for granted................