The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure the Ric Flair impersonation came after they beat us 2-1. Boyle also mentioned the team weren’t happy as he apparently made comments to Mark Kerr which they thought were pretty disrespectful to a guy who’d had a decent career. More of a career than Vaughan will ever have now judging by his injury list.

Raith fans obviously love him but he just comes across as an arrogant wee dick.

Aye Vaughan was giving it big WOO while our dressing room door was open.  

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Crawford, Shankland and Moore scored in the first game if I remember right, with Moffat blasting a penalty onto Somerset Road.

Shankland, Moff and Sir James of Adams scored in the second one.

That 2nd one was my favourite game of that season by some distance.  Pishing with rain, had thought the league was by just a few weeks previously and we hammered them.  Always thought it was very impressive that Shankland got the first goal in all 4 meetings that season - big game player.  

He is shite now of course haha

Was thinking this earlier if we had Shankland (fully fit) just now do you think we would win the league this season? 

Nah

I still think our defence is too weak. Of all the players we lost in the summer I think Rose is the one we’re missing most.

However had Forrest stayed fit last season we might’ve been closer. There’s also a case to be made that McCowan could’ve played a bigger part earlier in the season.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No. We could have Shankland, Messi and Ronaldo and we’d still blow it.

its the Ayr way 

Imagine the player the boy Messi could be playing next to the Moff

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was thinking this earlier if we had Shankland (fully fit) just now do you think we would win the league this season? 

Would depend on whether the manager tried to shoehorn a second striker into the team as well.

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Imagine the player the boy Messi could be playing next to the Moff

Given he hasn't been the same player since Ineista left and Ineista is a poor mans Moffat it would be some partnership. 

Q&A from Thistle -- How many from Somerset earmarked ??

Will there be extra money for the January window?

In the usual way, the manager has put his costed plans to the interim Board and they have agreed to his proposal for activity in the transfer window. The interim Board’s objective is to support the manager’s aim to finish as high as we can, so they are acutely aware of the importance of financing the manager’s plans in this window.

Notwithstanding the fact it was Lachlan Cameron signing the pay checks, surely Craig Moore's loyalty is to Ian McCall rather than Ayr United? 

Given they way McCall stood by Moore through 2 or 3 serious injuries - when most would not have handed him a new contract - you couldn't begrudge Moorey for wanting to repay that faith by signing for Thistle in January. 

It looks like the only hope for Thistle is to completely gut Caldwell's squad and bring in 5, 6 or more new players. That is not going to be easy in January.  Moore is an obvious target because he is available - and I imagine McCall will be going all out to get him -but there aren't going to be too many others. 

1 hour ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Notwithstanding the fact it was Lachlan Cameron signing the pay checks, surely Craig Moore's loyalty is to Ian McCall rather than Ayr United? 

Given they way McCall stood by Moore through 2 or 3 serious injuries - when most would not have handed him a new contract - you couldn't begrudge Moorey for wanting to repay that faith by signing for Thistle in January. 

It looks like the only hope for Thistle is to completely gut Caldwell's squad and bring in 5, 6 or more new players. That is not going to be easy in January.  Moore is an obvious target because he is available - and I imagine McCall will be going all out to get him -but there aren't going to be too many others. 

I keep hearing from various sources that McCall is after Moore, Forrest, Harvie & McCowan however I take it all with a huge pinch of salt.

Other than Moore the rest are under contract until the summer at least and in McCowans case an additional year, so he is COMPLETELY out of the reach of McCall & Partick.

As for Harvie & Forrest, well again I'd find it hard to believe that either would seriously be looking at a move to a club like Partick Thistle, especially when their stock is currently so high, furthermore I would imagine that it would take bids of £100k+ each, for our board to even listen to anything in January, as both are key players and we certainly wouldn't be selling to a rival unless we received silly money knowing that they would potentially be walking away for nothing in the summer.

The other two mentioned regularly are Doohan & Kelly but again there's seriously no way that Rangers and Celtic would recall two players who've been developing well at the top end of the Championship to hand them instead to a team struggling at the bottom and potentially heading for League 1.

As for Moore, if he goes he goes and as much as I'd quite like him to stay, I certainly wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him...............