The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

You're right of course in what you say, however football has an emotional attachment which differs from every other "normal" job. I mean in real life nobody loses the rag if a colleague leaves RBS to join Barclays but as I say football is a bit different and the day that changes is the day we should all stop going imho................

40 or 50 years ago that statement would have been largely the truth. Sadly it's getting to the stage that it's becoming an ever increasing step away from the truth.

Players will look to maximise their earnings at every opportunity, even above average part time players are earning upwards of a couple of hundred pounds a week. For that mentality you have to lose the emotional attachment.

At our level of the game, players wages have outgrown and passed the money brought in by falling attendances. It's unsustainable, I'm actually amazed that clubs in Scotland aren't closing such is the financial pressures they must be under.

The player and his agent has the vast majority of the power and the player will normally go where money dictates. As we've seen before, this doesn't always equate to playing minutes on the pitch.

I suggest that Moore, and any other player in the home dressing room that's got moves coming up, will thank us for the opportunity to progress and be out like a shot. 

Just make sure and get the player issued club kit off them as they leave.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See Kerrball has begun with the club hooking up with Titan Sensor, a real time GPS tracking system which measures over 150  metrics.

150 metrics you say. What will that actually tell you though?

The players might get to wear those sexy tight vests though.

Would McGowan suspension not be for the arbroath game as he was originally meant to be suspended for that game.

I don’t think it matters tbh.

I’m sure Raith were desperate to get a game off a couple of seasons ago so one of their players missed a different game instead.

Against us?

No I think it was East Fife they were due to play on Alba.

Edit: I looked back and it was the other way around. They wanted the game on to get Davidson’s suspension out the way so he could play against us the following week. The EF game was called off and Davison missed the second 3-0 pumping at Somerset.

No I think it was East Fife they were due to play on Alba.

Edit: I looked back and it was the other way around. They wanted the game on to get Davidson’s suspension out the way so he could play against us the following week. The EF game was called off and Davison missed the second 3-0 pumping at Somerset.

That was some night though.

Wooooooo....

edit; might have been the first one all that

That was some night though. 
Wooooooo....

edit; might have been the first one all that

I’m sure the Ric Flair impersonation came after they beat us 2-1. Boyle also mentioned the team weren’t happy as he apparently made comments to Mark Kerr which they thought were pretty disrespectful to a guy who’d had a decent career. More of a career than Vaughan will ever have now judging by his injury list.

Raith fans obviously love him but he just comes across as an arrogant wee dick.

Think Crawford scored in that night game as well. He got a few that season too I'm sure.

I’m sure the Ric Flair impersonation came after they beat us 2-1. Boyle also mentioned the team weren’t happy as he apparently made comments to Mark Kerr which they thought were pretty disrespectful to a guy who’d had a decent career. More of a career than Vaughan will ever have now judging by his injury list.

Raith fans obviously love him but he just comes across as an arrogant wee dick.