The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We signed Joe Cardle and Steven McDougall on a pre contract. 

Airdrie only knew once we told them after we'd played them and mentioned in passing how glad we were we'd have them next season. 

In short you're talking shite. 

Regardless I think Ayr fans are getting over emotional about a very average player, Moore isn't all that at all. 
Not really about him being all that. Him going there when they are in the state they are, and after how the club has stood by him would stick in the craw a bit. Plus it would be another player needing replaced in January, and we've already got too many to replace atm.

I never even mentioned the issue of pre-existing conditions, so not sure what business you have calling anyone an arse.
You're right, you didn't mention pre-existing conditions - it was mentioned to you to explain that you're wrong.

You can't get insurance if the risk is too high (or at least you can't get affordable insurance).

You seemed to deny that any of this was an issue - and kept going back to the line "that's the whole point of insurance".

Insurance companies business models would collapse if they were offering injury insurance against perma-crocked players at good rates for the club.

(I know that's harsh on Moore to describe him as that but he has had more than his share of injuries in his time with us. I was happy we gave him a contract, and delighted when he came back with a bang. I think he can do a big job for us and we don't want to lose him but fair enough if the difference in money is too good to refuse. We're not paying enough to expect loyalty from players (no-one in the lower leagues is), unless there's only a minimal difference between the two offers.)

13 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Well I'm afraid they are incorrect. From the SFA 2019/20 Handbook Registration procedures:

21. APPROACH TO PLAYERS
21.1 Subject to Paragraph 5 of Annex 9 of the Registration Procedures, a Club or an Intermediary (acting on behalf of a Club) may only approach a Player of another lb providing either he or the Club for whom the Intermediary is acting, has firstly advised, in writing, the Player’s current Club of its/his intention to do so and providing the Player has only six months or less of his current contract of employment with his current club, remaining.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Airdrie only knew once we told them after we'd played them and mentioned in passing how glad we were we'd have them next season. 

Regardless I think Ayr fans are getting over emotional about a very average player, Moore isn't all that at all. 

Talking shite !! Don’t think so 

look above at SFA rules , what really happened was your team broke the rules !!

You're right, you didn't mention pre-existing conditions - it was mentioned to you to explain that you're wrong.

You can't get insurance if the risk is too high (or at least you can't get affordable insurance).

You seemed to deny that any of this was an issue - and kept going back to the line "that's the whole point of insurance".

Insurance companies business models would collapse if they were offering injury insurance against perma-crocked players at good rates for the club.

(I know that's harsh on Moore to describe him as that but he has had more than his share of injuries in his time with us. I was happy we gave him a contract, and delighted when he came back with a bang. I think he can do a big job for us and we don't want to lose him but fair enough if the difference in money is too good to refuse. We're not paying enough to expect loyalty from players (no-one in the lower leagues is), unless there's only a minimal difference between the two offers.)

For Moore you’ve also got to wonder if he’ll be thinking about future injuries. Another really bad one could finish him off so you can’t blame him if he wants to get a bit more cash in case the worst happens.

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Not really about him being all that. Him going there when they are in the state they are, and after how the club has stood by him would stick in the craw a bit. Plus it would be another player needing replaced in January, and we've already got too many to replace atm.

Can we get away from the why would they go there chat? A huge part of the "attraction" will undoubtedly be how much is getting paid into his bank account and that would be the same if we were taking a player from a club who were financially "inferior" to us. A huge part may also be the lure of working with McCall again, looking at things currently and definitely looking at the bigger picture of where both clubs should be heading.

Just because we stood by him while he was injured doesn't mean he'll be with us indefinitely, we could quite easily have released him along the way, it works both ways and its the nature of the game at our level when players are on short term deals.

In short, of course standing by him was the right thing to do from the clubs point of view but I doubt it'll be a huge factor in deciding whether he stays or goes.

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Talking shite !! Don’t think so 

look above at SFA rules , what really happened was your team broke the rules !!

Yes, they did. But pretty much every club does and very rarely does anyone complain. That's a world away from saying a player CAN'T actually sign a pre-contract without permission having been applied for in writing. They can and usually do.

For Moore you’ve also got to wonder if he’ll be thinking about future injuries. Another really bad one could finish him off so you can’t blame him if he wants to get a bit more cash in case the worst happens.

Length of contract especially if Partick go and offer him a three year deal. I think he could be a decent stop gap for Thistle but he’s not going to be playing for them next season unless they’re in league one!

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Without meaning to sound flippant, under what set of circumstances can Moore leave Ayr without it feeling like an act of betrayal?

As @BukyOHare alluded to above, the club have kept him around for all this time because it was in their best interests to do so, not out of a sense of charity. The club were looking out for themselves and I don't understand why it would be held against Moore for doing the same.

14 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Without meaning to sound flippant, under what set of circumstances can Moore leave Ayr without it feeling like an act of betrayal?

As @BukyOHare alluded to above, the club have kept him around for all this time because it was in their best interests to do so, not out of a sense of charity. The club were looking out for themselves and I don't understand why it would be held against Moore for doing the same.

You're right of course in what you say, however football has an emotional attachment which differs from every other "normal" job. I mean in real life nobody loses the rag if a colleague leaves RBS to join Barclays but as I say football is a bit different and the day that changes is the day we should all stop going imho................

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See Kerrball has begun with the club hooking up with Titan Sensor, a real time GPS tracking system which measures over 150  metrics.

In fairness I don't think any of us who were there on Tuesday night need a GPS or a load of stats to arrive at the conclusion that we were utter sh*te and were deservedly beaten............

See Kerrball has begun with the club hooking up with Titan Sensor, a real time GPS tracking system which measures over 150  metrics.
Think we should focus on getting a competitive, healthy sized squad full of fit players before any of this data pish.

Think we should focus on getting a competitive, healthy sized squad full of fit players before any of this data pish.

“This data pish” will help us to get a healthy squad full of fit players...

Apart from that I’m pretty sure we can focus on more than one thing at once.

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
48 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
In fairness I don't think any of us who were there on Tuesday night need a GPS or a load of stats to arrive at the conclusion that we were utter sh*te and were deservedly beaten............

Might tell us why we were shite though.

I could tell you that, along with the other 1,600 or so in the Ayr end I reckon..............

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I would be going back to the 4-3-3 on Saturday. Gets the best out of three of our best players in Kelly, McCowan and Forrest. Ideally Kerr starting in midfield, failing that Geggan will do. Moffat up front.

McCowan is suspended unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I thought Kerr said he was back. McGuffie from the start then!

It was said he had a 2 game ban but I'd be extremely pleased if this was wrong.

We definitely missed McCowans energy and drive on Tuesday as nobody was linking up the play at all. Forrest was completely useless stuck out on the wing although I don't think that was all his fault. I also still think that Kelly is sitting too deep, especially when the likes of McCowan is missing but we'll maybe need to wait on the "touches heat map" and "stats" coming back on that one.............