The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Ayrshire Post confirming that Ian McCalls Partick Thistle are trying to sign Craig Moore, let the battle comment.

Kerr also states in the same paper they have made him an offer and he is keen to stay and hopefully everything will be tied up by next week , but knowing money talks I will wait to contracts signed before I am happy 

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

It shouldn't really have an impact on our actual cashflow though as surely any REAL Ayr supporter would never knowingly screw over their own club.

If they would, then they're not Ayr supporters in my book and of course from a literal perspective they definitely aren't "supporters" if they're not paying.............

Correct, but away fans could take advantage of it.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

And you reckon lots of people do that !!!!! I bet it’s less than 2/3 people as they don’t know if scanners are on or not so can’t be pre planned 

It might not even have happened, and it maybe never will. But it’s still fair to say that having no way of knowing if people are using the same ticket is a huge flaw in the system. There’s no need to get so touchy over it.

Hopefully the update that’s been made means it doesn’t need to happen again.

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

You clearly don’t as evidenced by your own posts on the subject, not to mention your tendency to run away from previous posts when challenged on them.

Anyway, can’t quite believe I’m arguing with someone about insurance.  I guess that’s what happens when some smart arse gob on a stick queens fan (the usual suspect as far as I can see) invades our thread spouting tosh.  Why do I get the feeling you have 20 years experience of any number of subjects?  I note you were on here a week or so back lecturing us on how the finances at Ayr work, like you’d have the first clue in the matter (wait, sorry I forgot...20 years experience..right?)

Go away now.

If you don't like a multi club forum then stick to your own Ayr forums. On this one we're all free to post when we like and pull up idiocy where we see it. As you are displaying a 1st class degree in idiocy this is an ideal opportunity. 😁 I'll settle in for the duration if I feel like it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

26 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Kerr also states in the same paper they have made him an offer and he is keen to stay and hopefully everything will be tied up by next week , but knowing money talks I will wait to contracts signed before I am happy 

You would have thought Thistle must have put an offer on the table for him if the AP think it's credible enough to have an article on it. 

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

You would have thought Thistle must have put an offer on the table for him if the AP think it's credible enough to have an article on it. 

They can’t make an offer until 1st January , as he is under contract with us until then ( unless they have broken rules and done it under hand ) The post also says we have made him an offer and he is keen to stay ,I take what most papers say on transfers with a pinch of salt 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

They can’t make an offer until 1st January , as he is under contract with us until then ( unless they have broken rules and done it under hand ) The post also says we have made him an offer and he is keen to stay ,I take what most papers say on transfers with a pinch of salt 

Now that's just not true. A player can negotiate and indeed sign a pre-contract with any club he likes within 6 months of date of expiry of his existing contract. They are supposed to give his present club the courtesy of informing them they intend to speak to the player before actually doing so though.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What happens with your much touted advance online purchase system for Saturday's game. Presumably in fact a fair amount of the gate cash had already been paid? Is it automatically refunded or do the club hold it for the rearrangement pending claims for refunds? If it's the latter you'll still have a pile of the cashflow anyway. Can't imagine the match day purchases from Arbroath are going to break the bank! Don't know what element of the home support still pay on a matchday obviously.

Can anyone answer this? Are advance ticket purchases refunded for postponed games or are the club sitting on the money until asked for its return?

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Can anyone answer this? Are advance ticket purchases refunded for postponed games or are the club sitting on the money until asked for its return?

Everyone has been given the offer of refund , most of then are just using original ticket for  rearranged game , refunds processed 

Edited by Robbo63

12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I was assured today by a member of management that Thistle can’t make an offer until January due to transfer window , I was told that’s why all pre contracts normally take place in January 4/5 months before season , I am led to believe pre contracts can’t be signed outwith transfer windows 

Well I'm afraid they are incorrect. From the SFA 2019/20 Handbook Registration procedures:

21. APPROACH TO PLAYERS
21.1 Subject to Paragraph 5 of Annex 9 of the Registration Procedures, a Club or an Intermediary (acting on behalf of a Club) may only approach a Player of another Club providing either he or the Club for whom the Intermediary is acting, has firstly advised, in writing, the Player’s current Club of its/his intention to do so and providing the Player has only six months or less of his current contract of employment with his current club, remaining.

Moore is out of contract in January so, provided another team inform you in writing that they intend to speak to him, any club has been able to do so since July. A pre-contract can be signed at any time whatsoever, though of course it would be impossible to sign one more than 6 months before expiry of the contract since it's not actually allowed to talk to a player more than 6 months before their contract expires.

Pre contracts normally take place in January quite simply because players are normally contracted to the end of the season and January is roughly 6 months ahead of it. If they player's contract expires mid season other club are free to talk to him equally earlier.

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Everyone has been given the offer of refund , most of then are just using original ticket for  rearranged game , refunds processed 

Which is fair enough, but depending on what percentage of your gate is now paying ahead of the game, that probably means suggestions of a cash flow crisis as a result of a postponement are exaggerated.

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

You clearly don’t as evidenced by your own posts on the subject, not to mention your tendency to run away from previous posts when challenged on them.

Anyway, can’t quite believe I’m arguing with someone about insurance.  I guess that’s what happens when some smart arse gob on a stick queens fan (the usual suspect as far as I can see) invades our thread spouting tosh.  Why do I get the feeling you have 20 years experience of any number of subjects?  I note you were on here a week or so back lecturing us on how the finances at Ayr work, like you’d have the first clue in the matter (wait, sorry I forgot...20 years experience..right?)

Go away now.

Oh dear :lol:

45 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well I'm afraid they are incorrect. From the SFA 2019/20 Handbook Registration procedures:

21. APPROACH TO PLAYERS
21.1 Subject to Paragraph 5 of Annex 9 of the Registration Procedures, a Club or an Intermediary (acting on behalf of a Club) may only approach a Player of another Club providing either he or the Club for whom the Intermediary is acting, has firstly advised, in writing, the Player’s current Club of its/his intention to do so and providing the Player has only six months or less of his current contract of employment with his current club, remaining.

Moore is out of contract in January so, provided another team inform you in writing that they intend to speak to him, any club has been able to do so since July. A pre-contract can be signed at any time whatsoever, though of course it would be impossible to sign one more than 6 months before expiry of the contract since it's not actually allowed to talk to a player more than 6 months before their contract expires.

Pre contracts normally take place in January quite simply because players are normally contracted to the end of the season and January is roughly 6 months ahead of it. If they player's contract expires mid season other club are free to talk to him equally earlier.

Which is fair enough, but depending on what percentage of your gate is now paying ahead of the game, that probably means suggestions of a cash flow crisis as a result of a postponement are exaggerated.

On point 1 . Thistle have not notified Ayr and Moore has not asked to leave , so that’s a current positive for Ayr 

On Point 2. It’s not all about gate money of which on Saturday would have been approx  50% of crowd Thus losing approx £6k going on normal Saturday crowd , midweek crowd will be approx 30% less than a Saturday , 

We also lose all Hospitality income 40 pre paid at £60 each, thats approx £2400 then they have all the bar sales along with loss in shop sales , about another 80/100 fans who pay on the day for hospitality drinks and bar meals , half time draw tickets , all in the loss of income on Saturday would have been just over £10k, in the rescheduled game that income will be dropped to about £6k , clubs at our level can’t afford to lose 40% of our takings 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure Liam Smith signed a pre contract with Dundee United and the club weren’t made aware.

Player cannot sign a pre contract without the new club writing asking for permission, the case with Smith was that both clubs agreed it would not be made public until we played them but Dundee United announced it the day before we played them 

Just watched the interview with Kerr. Calum from au media makes reference to 3 possibly 4 players being our long term. Who are the 4? Adams and Murdoch are obviously two. One isn’t Bell as he makes reference to Bell being back on Saturday. 

ETA: Is one Ross? I know he’s gone back to Aberdeen but unless the loan gets terminated he’s still available for us right up until January. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

On point 1 . Thistle have not notified Ayr and Moore has not asked to leave , so that’s a current positive for Ayr 

On Point 2. It’s not all about gate money of which on Saturday would have been approx  50% of crowd Thus losing approx £6k going on normal Saturday crowd , midweek crowd will be approx 30% less than a Saturday , 

We also lose all Hospitality income 40 pre paid at £60 each, thats approx £2400 then they have all the bar sales along with loss in shop sales , about another 80/100 fans who pay on the day for hospitality drinks and bar meals , half time draw tickets , all in the loss of income on Saturday would have been just over £10k, in the rescheduled game that income will be dropped to about £6k , clubs at our level can’t afford to lose 40% of our takings 

Indeed. Acknowledge all of that. It's where the big benefit of a 3G surface is, not in perceived hire charges for it. It's in knowing your games will be on. However, it would certainly be worse from a cash flow perspective if you hadn't sold ticket in advance.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure Liam Smith signed a pre contract with Dundee United and the club weren’t made aware.

This. It happens all the time despite the rules. And very rarely is any complaint actually made about it. But the rules do say it has to happen. I'm conscious of several of our players over the years signing pre-contracts elsewhere but only once did a club ever formally let us know they were speaking to a player.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Player cannot sign a pre contract without the new club writing asking for permission, the case with Smith was that both clubs agreed it would not be made public until we played them but Dundee United announced it the day before we played them 

Well yes, he can and they regularly do. The new club would be in breach of the regulations and liable to a fine if there's a complaint and it is proven but it still happens regularly.

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well yes, he can and they regularly do. The new club would be in breach of the regulations and liable to a fine if there's a complaint and it is proven but it still happens regularly.

In the Smith case Ayr were well aware of the pre contract, just tried to protect player as we were playing his new team 3 weeks later and did not want added pressure on him , 

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Player cannot sign a pre contract without the new club writing asking for permission

We signed Joe Cardle and Steven McDougall on a pre contract. 

Airdrie only knew once we told them after we'd played them and mentioned in passing how glad we were we'd have them next season. 

In short you're talking shite. 

Regardless I think Ayr fans are getting over emotional about a very average player, Moore isn't all that at all.