The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just looked at the table and didn't realise things had got so tight behind us, pretty sure after the Partick Thistle game we were about 10 points clear of 5th, now it's 3.

Think it'll be more of a struggle for top 4 this season than last unless Kerr can sign about 5 players in January which seems highly unlikely.

11 hours ago, rb123! said:

Just looked at the table and didn't realise things had got so tight behind us, pretty sure after the Partick Thistle game we were about 10 points clear of 5th, now it's 3.

Think it'll be more of a struggle for top 4 this season than last unless Kerr can sign about 5 players in January which seems highly unlikely.

You've surely got enough to stay ahead of Dundee, ffs.

Ayrshire Post also reporting the club struggling for cash flow due to lack of home games, apparently Saturdays game was postponed because part of the pitch over at the North Terracing which was uncovered was unsafe. Whoevers idea to not cover the full pitch was clearly a good one, not.

14 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'd rather they knew.  It's a massive flaw in what should be a good system

It was a one off last night , all systems have been updated over the last week , work did not finish until yesterday so club did the  right thing and did not use updated system until all testing is complete , 

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ayrshire Post also reporting the club struggling for cash flow due to lack of home games, apparently Saturdays game was postponed because part of the pitch over at the North Terracing which was uncovered was unsafe. Whoevers idea to not cover the full pitch was clearly a good one, not.

What happens with your much touted advance online purchase system for Saturday's game. Presumably in fact a fair amount of the gate cash had already been paid? Is it automatically refunded or do the club hold it for the rearrangement pending claims for refunds? If it's the latter you'll still have a pile of the cashflow anyway. Can't imagine the match day purchases from Arbroath are going to break the bank! Don't know what element of the home support still pay on a matchday obviously.

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It was a one off last night , all systems have been updated over the last week , work did not finish until yesterday so club did the  right thing and did not use updated system until all testing is complete , 

It was the exact same at the ICT and Dundee games so it’s clearly not been a one off.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It was the exact same at the ICT and Dundee games so it’s clearly not been a one off.

If you read my reply it says all systems were UPDATED in the last 7 days , which was done to eradicate previous issues , and could not be tested as work was only finished on the day , when work was programmed club was not aware a game would be on that night , anyone who bought tickets at ground would have noticed much quicker and no hold ups , system to buy tickets has caused issues at most previous games due to hardware  issues which has all been replaced last week 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

If you read my reply it says all systems were UPDATED in the last 7 days , which was done to eradicate previous issues , and could not be tested as work was only finished on the day , when work was programmed club was not aware a game would be on that night , 

A one-off is something that happened only once. Given 3/4 of the last home games have had turnstile operators writing down tally marks on a piece of paper that clearly wasn’t a one-off.

How confident are you that the update will fix that?

43 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Should make a massive difference , scanning or not scanning makes no difference to fans getting in , the issue with someone getting in with incorrect ticket is a human error they are meant to check ticket when scanners are down , like anywhere not all staff do as there asked 

There’s no way the turnstile operator can possibly know groups of people aren’t using the same ticket. They can check whether it’s an adult/child and if it’s for the right game but there’s absolutely nothing to stop a group of people using the one ticket to get in.

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

There’s no way the turnstile operator can possibly know groups of people aren’t using the same ticket. They can check whether it’s an adult/child and if it’s for the right game but there’s absolutely nothing to stop a group of people using the one ticket to get in.

It shouldn't really have an impact on our actual cashflow though as surely any REAL Ayr supporter would never knowingly screw over their own club.

If they would, then they're not Ayr supporters in my book and of course from a literal perspective they definitely aren't "supporters" if they're not paying.............

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

We should be fine now then as we had a home game last night, we have another home game on Tuesday followed by yet another home game on the Saturday.

Happy days !!!

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yes, happy days indeed.

sad balloon GIF by Chord Overstreet

LUKE on the bright side as he'll be back and will hopefully inject a bit of pace and drive to our play......................

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

And you reckon lots of people do that !!!!! I bet it’s less than 2/3 people as they don’t know if scanners are on or not so can’t be pre planned 

Edited by Robbo63

21 hours ago, pandarilla said:

You're making an arse of yourself here.

Health companies in America do not cover pre-existing conditions. I struggle to get travel insurance to travel to the States for the same reason.

I'm not sure of the details but insurance companies do not have to offer a policy if they think a player has a recurring injury (particularly knees). Either that or the quote would be so massive that it would definitely make more sense to take the risk yourself (as a club).

I never even mentioned the issue of pre-existing conditions, so not sure what business you have calling anyone an arse.

17 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No shit Sherlock! I think everyone with a double figure IQ understands how insurance works.

You however dont appear to comprehend a simple cost v benefit financial model.

You clearly don’t as evidenced by your own posts on the subject, not to mention your tendency to run away from previous posts when challenged on them.

Anyway, can’t quite believe I’m arguing with someone about insurance.  I guess that’s what happens when some smart arse gob on a stick queens fan (the usual suspect as far as I can see) invades our thread spouting tosh.  Why do I get the feeling you have 20 years experience of any number of subjects?  I note you were on here a week or so back lecturing us on how the finances at Ayr work, like you’d have the first clue in the matter (wait, sorry I forgot...20 years experience..right?)

Go away now.

You clearly don’t as evidenced by your own posts on the subject, not to mention your tendency to run away from previous posts when challenged on them.
Anyway, can’t quite believe I’m arguing with someone about insurance.  I guess that’s what happens when some smart arse gob on a stick queens fan (the usual suspect as far as I can see) invades our thread spouting tosh.  Why do I get the feeling you have 20 years experience of any number of subjects?  I note you were on here a week or so back lecturing us on how the finances at Ayr work, like you’d have the first clue in the matter (wait, sorry I forgot...20 years experience..right?)
Go away now.

Bit touchy I see.