The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Finished 4-1 Murphy x 3 and McKenzie

Trialist was a decent midfielder Sam Alderston lives in London and played last season in the Swedish second division , would be a decent addition to squad 

Good to see the club thinking a bit out of the box.

Just out of interest, the Swedish club he played for has a Scottish Assistant manager who was on the Radio Scotland midweek evening show in the last couple of weeks.

Edited by BukyOHare

Good to see the club thinking a bit out of the box.
Just out of interest, the Swedish club he played for has a Scottish Assistant manager who was on the Radio Scotland midweek evening show in the last couple of weeks.

Yeah I think he was Jim Chapmans assistant at Dumbarton and Clyde. No idea if there’s any connection but he’ll maybe know McArdle from somewhere and will have arranged for the player to get a trial.

As you say it’s not the type of signing we’d have made (if we sign him) in the last few years.

50 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Finished 4-1 Murphy x 3 and McKenzie

Trialist was a decent midfielder Sam Alderston lives in London and played last season in the Swedish second division , would be a decent addition to squad 

I think I got the 3rd Goalscorer wrong , I was certain it was Murphy but have seen it’s been given to Hewitt

Was just looking to see if I could find anything on Alderson and came across this article,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/12/swedish-fourth-tier-club-packed-full-young-english-footballers

Turns out he's the club captain and more of a wide midfielder. It's an interesting way of recruiting young players that the club have adopted. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

8 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I think I got the 3rd Goalscorer wrong , I was certain it was Murphy but have seen it’s been given to Hewitt

It was definitely Hewitt with the second goal.. Murphy 2 pens, Hewitt, McKenzie. 

Edited by RedEd

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

It was definitely Hewitt with the second goal.. Murphy 2 pens, Hewitt, McKenzie. 

Cheers, was too busy at time finding out about the trialist and turned round just as ball went in net , they played really well and could have scored at least another 2/3 goals 

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Seems to have a relationship with HMI sports who are holding trials in Glasgow mid Jan. HMI Sports

I always worry that these companies could be scamming young guys with dreams beyond their talents. Hope this mob are reputable.

He’s not been in any of our reserve matches for a couple of weeks now which means he wasn’t training with us so Kerr clearly didn’t want him.

Given Dunfermline fans comments about him and the fact he’s played about 30 competitive games in about 4 years I can’t say I’m that bothered.

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The boy from the Swedish team?

He is a decent prospect , McArdle has been watching him for a while , just needs to get up to pace of Scottish game and speaking to him today he reckons about ready , other teams looking at him but he is enjoying his time at Ayr 

He is a decent prospect , McArdle has been watching him for a while , just needs to get up to pace of Scottish game and speaking to him today he reckons about ready , other teams looking at him but he is enjoying his time at Ayr 

Is he out of contract or still with the club in Sweden?

If so we’d have to wait until January to sign him.