The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How many games will McCowan miss and who are they against?

With injuries, its most frustrating to lose a player to suspension. Especially Luke, after Forrest he is probably our most dangerous player.

Two apparently, assuming they kick in immediately it'll be the home games against Arbroath & Dunfermline. Maybe another chance for McGuffie to step in.

Definitely a chance for mcguffie. He needs to step up!

Can’t even remember when he last started a game given the form of Forrest and McCowan.

This break is coming at a good time imo and should allow us to get a couple of bodies back and maybe a wee signing in.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t even remember when he last started a game given the form of Forrest and McCowan.

This break is coming at a good time imo and should allow us to get a couple of bodies back and maybe a wee signing in.

I'd love a signing. A centre mid please.

12 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

February 2018 at home to East Fife in League One apparently, replaced by Alan Forrest.

Wow, that's scary. Tbf, it does feel like he has plateaued. He's got stacks of potential but must be getting close to make or break time for him.

February 2018 at home to East Fife in League One apparently, replaced by Alan Forrest.

Jesus if that’s accurate then it’s a surprise.

Mind you I’ve just looked on Soccerbase and apparently he’s only ever started 12 league games for us with 60 appearances as a sub.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jesus if that’s accurate then it’s a surprise.

Mind you I’ve just looked on Soccerbase and apparently he’s only ever started 12 league games for us with 60 appearances as a sub.

His best performances come from the bench so probably not far wrong given he came on in the second half of nearly every game in the league 1 title campaign. Where is Duncan Carmichael when you need him? 

2 hours ago, mccurdieboy said:

RIP Bill Barr you gave us some great times as chairman

Absolutely.

There is however a big part of me that wishes there had been a longer term plan when Bill was in charge, perhaps more of an emphasis on the Academy side of things and a more permanent training facility. More of a long term legacy as opposed to what appeared to be just writing cheques for high profile players.

Sad news about Bill Barr.  Brought some good times to the club after years of going nowhere.  Don’t suppose we’ll ever know now why local politicians fought so hard to stop him realising his dream of a new stadium that would undoubtedly have been his true legacy to the club.  Given the millions he poured into the club, he deserves to be well remembered though it is regrettable that so many view those years as a lost opportunity.  Great memories though, especially in the cups.

17 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Two apparently, assuming they kick in immediately it'll be the home games against Arbroath & Dunfermline. Maybe another chance for McGuffie to step in.

I quite like McGuffie, however I'd maybe think about sticking Geggan or Bell back in the middle of the park, switching Kelly back in front of them and revert back to Moffat & Forrest up top.

Who knows, maybe Ross will also be in contention come our next match ??

Bill Barr's legacy will show he was the chairman who funded our run to three semi-finals and a final of major competitions and a team of exciting players who ordinarily wouldn't have signed for Ayr. he also built a hospitality suite. He hired Campbell Money as the head of youth development who, at the time was one of the best in Scotland. 

The reality was a very shortsighted approach to not only the football club but also Ayr Eagles and the Centrum project. Almost overnight, the funding was withdrawn from everything. Somerset had almost been run in to the ground waiting on a stadium that never happened. Daziel had about two years too long in the job and was allowed to spend money to hide his inadequacies. 

One of the most common things I get asked when talking to folk about football who aren't Ayr fans is, how could Barr build every stadium in the UK and not build Ayr one? My answer was always, because every club he built a stadium for promised to pay him. Why should he fire £5-10-15 million of his own money in to a stadium he''d never see back? His sustainable approach to a stadium deal probably means that Jim Kirkwood didn't have to buy the ground as well as the car park a few years back to pay the tax bill. 

He gave me some of the best moments of my time supporting Ayr and deserves more credit than Daziel for the whole period.