The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

it's a sellers market just now as it's mostly utter dross out there. If you have a player with 18 months remaining on a contract and you don't especially need the cash then it's all academic what derisory offers are received as they mean nothing.

True, however this is banking on McCowan wanting to stick with us. If he says he wants to go then he’ll go. Hopefully he realises that he’s better off playing competitive football rather than the reserve league that they’ll stick him in.

And 18 months in just 2 transfer windows. If we don’t sell him in one of those then we’ll get nothing. Unless of course he signs a new deal but I’m not holding my breath.

I wouldn't be opposed to selling one of our big asset players in January - if the right offer comes in.

Hindsight taught us that we lost out pretty big with shankland last year, and no-one this year is having the individual impact that Lawrence had.

Selling off more than one would be worrying but we've got to start making some money from this fantastic group of players (to give us a half decent chance to rebuild).

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I wouldn't be opposed to selling one of our big asset players in January - if the right offer comes in.

Hindsight taught us that we lost out pretty big with shankland last year, and no-one this year is having the individual impact that Lawrence had.

Selling off more than one would be worrying but we've got to start making some money from this fantastic group of players (to give us a half decent chance to rebuild).

If we were to sell only one , who would it be ? I think out of the 3 biggest assets that I would sell Forrest or Harvie   ( rather than them signing pre contracts) as they are likely to move for nothing at end of season , McCowan we have the luxury of another year 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

If we were to sell only one , who would it be ? I think out of the 3 biggest assets that I would sell Forrest or Harvie   ( rather than them signing pre contracts) as they are likely to move for nothing at end of season , McCowan we have the luxury of another year 

What age is Forrest now? Surely we’d be due a decent development fee?

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

What age is Forrest now? Surely we’d be due a decent development fee?

23 , think this is the last season we would be entitled to a development fee , not sure but think when they reach 24 development fee is invalid ( hopefully someone can confirm or correct me ) Transfer market has him rated as worth £225k , due to contract ending soon realistically how much would we get ? £100k ?

Edited by Robbo63

13 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

23 , think this is the last season we would be entitled to a development fee , not sure but think when they reach 24 development fee is invalid ( hopefully someone can confirm or correct me ) Transfer market has him rated as worth £225k , due to contract ending soon realistically how much would we get ? £100k ?

Yes, development fee window would have ended for forrest.

I'm just thinking though, don't you just love us Ayr fans ? We're arguably in the middle of one of our most exciting and successful spells in our history and we're spending all our time arguing about turnstiles, ticketing methods, trying to find skulduggerry in the boardroom where none exists and then we're talking down our players worth and arguing about who's leaving when and how little we will get for them.

Honestly, what a bunch of rockets we are.......

Edited by WATTOO

Graham Peterkin and Mark Pettigrew have resigned from the board.

Sounds a bit worrying to me, who's actually left on the board now.

Also is this anything to do with the recent managerial decision or am I looking into it too much.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Graham Peterkin and Mark Pettigrew have resigned from the board.

Sounds a bit worrying to me, who's actually left on the board now.

Also is this anything to do with the recent managerial decision or am I looking into it too much.

Board is stronger than last year with Jim Kirkland fully on board this season , I believe we are only 1 working director less and the SLO will be picking up some of a directors remit , does leave potentially a space for someone to invest and join the board 

44 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Board is stronger than last year with Jim Kirkland fully on board this season , I believe we are only 1 working director less and the SLO will be picking up some of a directors remit , does leave potentially a space for someone to invest and join the board 

Is it good news that Jim Kirkwood - a property developer whose only  involvement with the club AFAIK has been to solve a significant cash flow issue in 2013 by buying the car park - is now 'fully on board'? 

30 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Is it good news that Jim Kirkwood - a property developer whose only  involvement with the club AFAIK has been to solve a significant cash flow issue in 2013 by buying the car park - is now 'fully on board'? 

We'll have enough of that chat on here thanks very much. Keep looking forward, you've never had it so good.

8 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'm just thinking though, don't you just love us Ayr fans ? We're arguably in the middle of one of our most exciting and successful spells in our history and we're spending all our time arguing about turnstiles, ticketing methods, trying to find skulduggerry in the boardroom where none exists and then we're talking down our players worth and arguing about who's leaving when and how little we will get for them.

I'll have a pint of what you're having mate.

Things are on an upward trajectory and long may they be so, but to describe it as one of our most exciting and successful spells in over 100 years of existence is fanciful in the extreme.

If we ever get into the top flight and stay there, I'll agree with you. Enjoy it but there are long, winding and bumpy roads ahead.

Things are on an upward trajectory and long may they be so, but to describe it as one of our most exciting and successful spells in over 100 years of existence is fanciful in the extreme.
If we ever get into the top flight and stay there, I'll agree with you. Enjoy it but there are long, winding and bumpy roads ahead.

Our history isn’t exactly full of high points so this is absolutely one of the better times to be an Ayr fan.

46 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Personally yes , businessman with some financial backing and looking longer term he has a development plan which hopefully should be beneficial To the club , his £200k for the car park helped us out at the time we needed cash flow and he rents it back free of charge 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Our history isn’t exactly full of high points so this is absolutely one of the better times to be an Ayr fan.

Jeez, that sentence just shows how low our standards have dropped. It could be a generational thing but surely there are plenty of high points that eclipse a playoff push in a generally bang average league?

32 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

You must have been in a coma for the last 40 years.  We’ve rarely been at the sharp end of the championship during that period.

i also see Queen of the South are bringing some perspective to the arguments we’ve been having about cashless turnstiles.  Not exactly sure what “arrive early” means, but I hope the Red Cross will be there to clothe and feed us while we wait.