The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Didn't realise he had 8 goals and 7 assists this season, would say he has had a few good games but wouldn't say he's anywhere near as good as Forrest yet.
Did he not get 3 of those goals in the league cup? Forrest didn't really get into the team until the first league game against Morton.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This league is utter shite. We will be in the playoffs at worse. 

I'm talking about winning the league, finishing 4th will not cause an unusual number of locals to attend.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

In all honesty, it would be remiss of clubs and their scouts if they weren't keeping tabs on our side at the moment, we've played some scintillating football this season with a side rammed with youngsters.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
This league is utter shite. We will be in the playoffs at worse. 

We are quite capable of contributing to the shiteness of this league, playoffs at worse is a bold statement

We’re already 7 points clear of 5th place. Anything less than the playoffs has got to be seen as a failure. 

Huge relief if he is under a two year contract. If he keeps progressing a move is almost inevitable however I'm not sure Derby or Cardiff would be the right move for him.

Not necessarily due to worries about his ability but Warnocks teams are notoriously direct and physical and Derby are an absolute car crash this season with Cocu under huge pressure both on the pitch and also the fallout of the drink driving incidents. Neither would see him in the best of light imo.

It needs to be the right club at the right time to continue his development. Money in the bank is good and well but surely not at the detriment of his development. In short, the player and his agent shouldn't be in a huge rush to move at the first flutter of eyelashes. 

We haven't been out the top 4 in the championship for well over a year, some of the most exciting young players we have seen in years, the academy producing talent and those guys impressing in the first team and more champing at the bit for a shot, players regularly being selected for the Scotland Under 21 squad, scoring goals for fun, regularly being praised by managers and opposition fans as the best team they have played in the league, a new exciting management team who are bringing new ideas and building on the foundation McCall has left and instead of basking in this and enjoying this brilliant time we are going in about online ticketing it's the must be the most Ayr United thing ever!

Once again you seem to suggest that we can only cope with one issue or even one emotion at a time.

I'm not going to stop posting if I think there's still an issue, just because a few posters might think I'm some sort of moaner.

If you don't recognise this as an issue the club should be trying to sort then your judgment is extremely questionable.

If how we pay to get into the game is the only complaint we have then things must going fine.

Paying at the gate to watch a team with Craig Beattie in it getting gubbed every week or ticketless entry to watch our current crop. Now which scenario would I prefer? [emoji848]

I fully agree with the first sentence. It's lovely that our only issue at the moment is a relatively minor one (although infuriating at the time for folk in you're in the queue. I felt that annoyance at livi and that was on a glorious evening ).

Your second point just doesn't make sense. Why would those be the only two options?

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would expect a few more teams at that level will also be  interested. Has played very well at a decent level for his age.  Still young enough to be viewed as a youth player and developed in their system. Money no object down there so teams very happy to have a punt. I remember  McGuffie was also scouted by some large clubs a while back

55 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If you don't recognise this as an issue the club should be trying to sort then your judgment is extremely questionable.

Funny that, as I would say if you don’t recognise that the issue is not being caused by the club and it is up to the fans/other clubs to sort then your judgment is extremely questionable.

Funny that, as I would say if you don’t recognise that the issue is not being caused by the club and it is up to the fans/other clubs to sort then your judgment is extremely questionable.
I couldn't give a f**k who caused the issue. I care about how it affects the club.

Have you not noticed how fans of other clubs, when they've mentioned it on here or match threads, have generally said we're being very defensive over the issue (like a typical numpty fan does over any issue).

I couldn't give a f**k who caused the issue. I care about how it affects the club.

Have you not noticed how fans of other clubs, when they've mentioned it on here or match threads, have generally said we're being very defensive over the issue (like a typical numpty fan does over any issue).

So you’ll blame the club despite the fact it’s not their fault?

I couldn’t give a f**k what opposition fans on here think tbh. The point is that away fans not being properly informed about our ticketing system and also a section of home fans are causing the issue. Now over time away fans will stop being a problem as they’ll know to book in advance, hopefully some of our own supporters wisen up as well.

So you’ll blame the club despite the fact it’s not their fault?

I couldn’t give a f**k what opposition fans on here think tbh. The point is that away fans not being properly informed about our ticketing system and also a section of home fans are causing the issue. Now over time away fans will stop being a problem as they’ll know to book in advance, hopefully some of our own supporters wisen up as well.

When did I blame the club?

I want the club to recognise the issue and try to find a solution. I've been pretty clear about that all along, and at no point have I been opposed to the new system.

And congratulations for not giving a f**k about other fans. But like it or not we need as much revenue as possible and I want fans to not hate coming to Somerset (other than for taking a pumping on the field obviously).

Over time, some folk who might otherwise go, might choose to stay away.

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Think you are making some things up now , the only away fans who have complained about the system was Falkirk when system just got set up , next to NO Thistle fans have mentioned it , as I said earlier both Dundee clubs ICT and Stranraer fans all complimented it , if you think 4 options to get a ticket are insufficient then I think you are just being petty and argumentative, NO other ticket only team  give you 4 options , you and 1 other guy just will not accept the club is not at fault , you keep going on about the club to find a solution( even though they have given fans 4 options) which means to a degree you are blaming club even though you say you are not , you keep going on about sorting the issue , what exactly is the issue that the club has got ? Other clubs not notifying fans even though they were told in the summer and get a mail from Ayr 3 weeks in advance reminding them,  along with putting it on every match thread informing away fans how to purchase tickets 

Edited by Robbo63

When did I blame the club?

I want the club to recognise the issue and try to find a solution. I've been pretty clear about that all along, and at no point have I been opposed to the new system.

And congratulations for not giving a f**k about other fans. But like it or not we need as much revenue as possible and I want fans to not hate coming to Somerset (other than for taking a pumping on the field obviously).

Over time, some folk who might otherwise go, might choose to stay away.

I said I don’t give a f**k what they think and I don’t. However there hasn’t been swarms of away fans complaining about it. The only time I’ve seen away fans with anything negative to say was Falkirk fans at the first home match of the season and Thistle fans last week when their club hadn’t informed them. And even then it was only a minority.

The club have clearly said what fans can do in order to make it run smoother. That only works for home fans but even over the course of this season away fans will recognise it and know for next time.

Can this conversation not just f**k the f**k off?

Agreed, it’s tedious as f**k and folk aren’t going to agree on things over posts on here (when has that ever happened).

Ryan Blair hasn’t exactly received rave reviews from Pars fans from last season. Are we likely to sign him or is he just trying to keep fit?