The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ticket-queues-on-match-day/?fbclid=IwAR1-IaIdfy2xqj556jPiqP4Bj2DaUGWFCm3nobuBkJj6zymx25-jM9BHVhQ

November and this ticket fiasco is still rumbling on... think it's time for the club to accept the mistake of not leaving a couple of cash turnstiles, okay for the ones who can do it in seconds on their phone but for the old boys which there's a lot of it ain't as easy as that. All ticket turnstiles only work at clubs which have adequate infrastructure in place such as enough ticket booths  around the ground on the day to purchase from, not just some wee pokey office. Look at QOTS it's a shambles aswell so we're obviosly not the only ones who've made a bit of a mess for it.

For the first big all ticket cup game at Somerset i can't see how this online system would cope with a 9,000 sell out crowd when it can barely cope with 1,800.

The all ticket cup game thing is a red herring as those games were always cashless at the gates on the day with tickets sold in advance.  Which also demonstrates that people are well capable of understanding the arrangements in advance for entering the ground for a particular game if they put their mind to it. 

For what it’s worth, it is a ridiculous generalisation to think that old folk can’t use the internet or own a smart device.  I heard the same ridiculous arguments when our golf club moved to on line booking for tee off times as opposed to the old method of having to travel to the club and queue to put your name down at the club shop.  Some folk moaned, but in time they realised online was better and more convenient and changed their ways.

54 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ticket-queues-on-match-day/?fbclid=IwAR1-IaIdfy2xqj556jPiqP4Bj2DaUGWFCm3nobuBkJj6zymx25-jM9BHVhQ

November and this ticket fiasco is still rumbling on... think it's time for the club to accept the mistake of not leaving a couple of cash turnstiles, okay for the ones who can do it in seconds on their phone but for the old boys which there's a lot of it ain't as easy as that. All ticket turnstiles only work at clubs which have adequate infrastructure in place such as enough ticket booths  around the ground on the day to purchase from, not just some wee pokey office. Look at QOTS it's a shambles aswell so we're obviosly not the only ones who've made a bit of a mess for it.

For the first big all ticket cup game at Somerset i can't see how this online system would cope with a 9,000 sell out crowd when it can barely cope with 1,800.

It’s not the ticket system that can’t cope. It’s folk waiting to get them 10 minutes before the game, while bleeting on about it on social media on their smart phones....

It’s not the ticket system that can’t cope. It’s folk waiting to get them 10 minutes before the game, while bleeting on about it on social media on their smart phones....
A lot of those people waiting 10 minutes before the kick off tend to be the away fans aswell, don't think away teams help with most not being very informative to their supporters about it.

A lot of those people waiting 10 minutes before the kick off tend to be the away fans aswell, don't think away teams help with most not being very informative to their supporters about it.

That’s their problem. We make it clear to away fans on social media meaning the vast majority should be well aware that they need to get a ticket.

It is strange that 90% of the Dundee Utd fans bought in advance but barely a third of the Partick fans did likewise.  On the assumption that we took the same approach to advertising and awareness for both games, it does suggest the problem was at Thistles side rather than ours.

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

It is strange that 90% of the Dundee Utd fans bought in advance but barely a third of the Partick fans did likewise.  On the assumption that we took the same approach to advertising and awareness for both games, it does suggest the problem was at Thistles side rather than ours.

Was thinking the same.  Will be interesting to see how many Partick fans will buy in advance for the next game at Somerset in March now that you'd imagine the majority of those likely to travel will definitely be aware of the process

58 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Folks , our biggest crowd of the season was against Dundee Utd , they brought double the fans of Partick, there were very minimal queues and none at the Dundee Utd side , since then Ayr have added an extra till , that tells me it’s not the system that does not work , credit to Dundee United fans who bought tickets the preferred way , just shows you it can be fine without lots of queues 

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Was thinking the same.  Will be interesting to see how many Partick fans will buy in advance for the next game at Somerset in March now that you'd imagine the majority of those likely to travel will definitely be aware of the process

I also think Partick fans are aware of this as on there site very few folk are complaining about queues , 

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

The all ticket cup game thing is a red herring as those games were always cashless at the gates on the day with tickets sold in advance.  Which also demonstrates that people are well capable of understanding the arrangements in advance for entering the ground for a particular game if they put their mind to it. 

For what it’s worth, it is a ridiculous generalisation to think that old folk can’t use the internet or own a smart device.  I heard the same ridiculous arguments when our golf club moved to on line booking for tee off times as opposed to the old method of having to travel to the club and queue to put your name down at the club shop.  Some folk moaned, but in time they realised online was better and more convenient and changed their ways.

One of the bests and most sensible  posts I have read about ticketgate , very valid point re cup ties and the club have now  made it much easier to buy a ticket , all the big cup ties you had to attend ground to get it , now you can get it sitting on the couch with a coffee  on a device and those who can’t, can go to shop , phone shop and pre pay or turn up on the day and buy from the 4 ticket tills  , really how easy is that  

Good to see  management team are showing interest at all levels of players , McArdle was at Belmont earlier this evening watching u15-16s train , and he now standing  here at Cumnock watching the reserve team play , think this shows that if players are performing they know they are being watched by first team and hopefully get chances to progress to first team squads 

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Good to see  management team are showing interest at all levels of players , McArdle was at Belmont earlier this evening watching u15-16s train , and he now standing  here at Cumnock watching the reserve team play , think this shows that if players are performing they know they are being watched by first team and hopefully get chances to progress to first team squads 

Excellent

I don't think I've ever see such a turnaround in fans from "cheep option, no ambition" to almost universal "these guys have really impressed me" it's early days it could all go tits up but this seems so far away from the comparisons to the Mark Roberts appointment that we were getting just a week ago.

2 hours ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Does anyone know who the trial is starting in midfield tonight for the reserves?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah he was one of a few Falkirk youngsters sold to Swansea.

Not really sure what he was like last season tbh.

Hard to judge tonight , did nothing special and again nothing wrong to standout , game finished 2-2 ( McKenzie x 2 but also missed a penalty which I think came back to earth in Auchinleck 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Hard to judge tonight , did nothing special and again nothing wrong to standout , game finished 2-2 ( McKenzie x 2 but also missed a penalty which I think came back to earth in Auchinleck 

I hope Mark McKenzie can be our 3rd choice striker ahead of Doolan, he seems to be banging them in right now.