The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

At the risk of indulging in the politics chat - he isn’t standing in the same seat that Corrie Wilson and then Bill Grant held.

That first bit is the reason I held back.

But aye if we’re gonna drag this thread to the depths of political chat, at least get the facts right.

At the risk of indulging in the politics chat - he isn’t standing in the same seat that Corrie Wilson and then Bill Grant held.
Your correct and he has as much chance of unseating Philippa Whitford as a fart in a thunderstorm! Anyway your correct keep politics away from the fitbaw thread.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really? I thought he’d of been away back to Aberdeen for treatment.

Receives all his treatment at Ayr , attends same days as the squad , believe he is staying in Glasgow at moment 

Edited by Robbo63

12 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Receives all his treatment at Ayr , attends same days as the squad , believe he is staying in Glasgow at moment 

What's his injury and is he likely to get over it anytime soon ?

We all knew Murdoch was long term but I think most of us believed that the others were just little niggles / strains that would clear up within a few weeks.

Obviously this is far from the case......................

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What's his injury and is he likely to get over it anytime soon ?

We all knew Murdoch was long term but I think most of us believed that the others were just little niggles / strains that would clear up within a few weeks.

Obviously this is far from the case......................

It is an ankle injury ( new injury) I am sure we will see him back playing after international break 

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It is an ankle injury ( new injury) I am sure we will see him back playing after international break 

That would be good, he's obviously very highly rated although this is probably our strongest part of our team just now both in quality and in squad depth, still, every little helps as they say as it would allow us to rest / rotate players (assuming that's a good thing of course) !!

I wouldn’t write off Ross too quick.  If he can get his fitness on the timescale mentioned and play 6/7 games pre-Christmas he could be an asset in the 2nd half of the season.  We are seriously short of midfield options with Murdoch out long term and Kerr expecting to retire in January.  Past experience suggests the available players in January won’t be that great even if there is some money to spend.

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

I wouldn’t write off Ross too quick.  If he can get his fitness on the timescale mentioned and play 6/7 games pre-Christmas he could be an asset in the 2nd half of the season.  We are seriously short of midfield options with Murdoch out long term and Kerr expecting to retire in January.  Past experience suggests the available players in January won’t be that great even if there is some money to spend.

This is quite an interesting one, as I was actually just thinking that possibly for the first time ever supporting Ayr, that I've been unable to easily identify anyone currently playing in this league who would actually improve our current team.

I suppose the likes of Muirhead who was surplus to requirements at relegated Falkirk has actually come in and done a very good job, so there will be people out there, however I definitely wouldn't swap any of our front players or Kelly or Doc for that matter who've also been immense as has Kerr when fit or Geggan when asked to fill in. The defence are fine as I would actually put the goals we lose down to the openness and style of our play as opposed to any shocking individual defensive performances.

Harvie has developed into one of our most important players, Houston is looking capable and getting better, Roscoe has made a big difference with his height and presence and Muirhead has added a bit of solidity and strength. Doohan, although making the odd mistake, is a top keeper and there's no way I'd swap him for anyone in this league.

As for our injured and fringe players, McGuffie could easily be a starter, Bell brings composure and style when he plays, Ross COULD be one of our top players when fit and Ecrepont, I'm convinced, will be a top player when given the chance to develop.

Personally I think we need a creative Centre Mid with Kerr stepping back and Murdoch being out and probably another Centre Half as cover, however overall I'm more than happy with the quality of our current squad and wouldn't want us to just bring people in for the sake of it..............

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ticket-queues-on-match-day/?fbclid=IwAR1-IaIdfy2xqj556jPiqP4Bj2DaUGWFCm3nobuBkJj6zymx25-jM9BHVhQ

November and this ticket fiasco is still rumbling on... think it's time for the club to accept the mistake of not leaving a couple of cash turnstiles, okay for the ones who can do it in seconds on their phone but for the old boys which there's a lot of it ain't as easy as that. All ticket turnstiles only work at clubs which have adequate infrastructure in place such as enough ticket booths  around the ground on the day to purchase from, not just some wee pokey office. Look at QOTS it's a shambles aswell so we're obviosly not the only ones who've made a bit of a mess for it.

For the first big all ticket cup game at Somerset i can't see how this online system would cope with a 9,000 sell out crowd when it can barely cope with 1,800.