The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Apologies, I thought once you had 3 call ups it is postponed. 

I assume we do want it off and Kerr said as much after the Morton game. With three first teamers called up and our lengthy injury list it would be welcomed.

99.9% definite this game will be rearranged , but until SPFL issue a statement don’t think anything can be announced 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Problem with Robbie especially last season was that McCall was shoehorning into the team and he was a easy target for the boo boys in our support, personally I think he's a cracking player when played in the middle glad to see him and Devlin doing well for you guys.

Both been superb, sadly for Devlin he could be out long term, he’s on crutches just now which is a huge blow for us as he started the season on fire. 

Robbie took a bit more time but he’s started our last 5 or 6 games now and been a standout in the middle of the park, playing in a 10 role and a more defensive role, arguably our best player recently and going by Twitter he’s going to win our player of the month vote. 

Both been superb, sadly for Devlin he could be out long term, he’s on crutches just now which is a huge blow for us as he started the season on fire. 
Robbie took a bit more time but he’s started our last 5 or 6 games now and been a standout in the middle of the park, playing in a 10 role and a more defensive role, arguably our best player recently and going by Twitter he’s going to win our player of the month vote. 

Feel free to send either Rab or Sibbald down in January.

Gutted for Nicky let's be honest Scotland aren't exactly producing lots of right back though he could have a chance of making the squad

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Feel free to send either Rab or Sibbald down in January.

Rab nae chance, Sibbald wouldn’t surprise me, I rate the lad but his chances have been limited, even though I feel he deserves more game time, but to free up some room for a striker that we desperately need he might be one we send out. 
I hope we don’t though, got lots to offer us. 

Rab nae chance, Sibbald wouldn’t surprise me, I rate the lad but his chances have been limited, even though I feel he deserves more game time, but to free up some room for a striker that we desperately need he might be one we send out. 
I hope we don’t though, got lots to offer us. 

It was only rumours but Kerr played with Sibbald at Falkirk and apparently wants him in January.

Also wouldn’t be surprised to see us get Lee Miller but I don’t think he’d have much impact.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was only rumours but Kerr played with Sibbald at Falkirk and apparently wants him in January.

Also wouldn’t be surprised to see us get Lee Miller but I don’t think he’d have much impact.

Sadly I think Lee Miller is done, been a great player for us over the short period of time but has rarely played in the last season and a bit now due to injuries and seemed to have picked up another injury after just 1 game this time. 

Talk about revisionism Bucky...

On 27/10/2019 at 11:51, BukyOHare said:

If Moore gets 6 league goals this season I'll be pleasantly surprised. He's scored 6 Championship goals in total over 2 seasons for us and ...

Hes got 3 times as many league goals as Doolan in about a tenth of the game time. Its okay to admit you're wrong once in a while...

CavernousGreenDassie-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Hes got 3 times as many league goals as Doolan in about a tenth of the game time. Its okay to admit you're wrong once in a while...

Kris Doolan league minutes - 223.

Craig Moore league minutes - 189.

You can quite easily argue Moore is the better player without the hyperbole.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Are you basing this on anything more than Robbo saying we were after a Livingston player as replacement for Kerr and you have just punted at Sibbald? 

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is it about right and wrong on here? No its about opinions mate. Would I have been on here calling you out if Moore hadnt scored? No I definitely know I wouldnt but fair play to you. No teams in the league have conceded more goals than Thistle and Morton, I don't think two games against them mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

If you think Moore can keep up an average of a goal and a half a game then fair play to you.

And just for the record I don't have anything personally against Moore, this morphed from my original post that I would've like to have seen Doolan get more of a chance and I still believe that.

The reason I called for a change was to try and rectify the problem we had for a few games of creating clear chances and not taking them.

I did call for a change of formation which you have conveniently decided to ignore.

But again fair play to you.

Are you basing this on anything more than Robbo saying we were after a Livingston player as replacement for Kerr and you have just punted at Sibbald? 

If it’s a replacement for Kerr then it’s obviously a midfielder. Livi have got Bartley, Jacobs, Crawford, Erskine, Pittman, Sibbald and Robinson in that position. It’s not going to be any of Pittman, Crawford, Bartley, Jacobs or Robinson as they’re all either starting or coming off the bench every week.

That leaves Erskine or Sibbald. Could be either of them but given the latter isn’t seeing much game time and played with Kerr for a few seasons at Falkirk would make me guess it’s him.

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If it’s a replacement for Kerr then it’s obviously a midfielder. Livi have got Bartley, Jacobs, Crawford, Erskine, Pittman, Sibbald and Robinson in that position. It’s not going to be any of Pittman, Crawford, Bartley, Jacobs or Robinson as they’re all either starting or coming off the bench every week.

That leaves Erskine or Sibbald. Could be either of them but given the latter isn’t seeing much game time and played with Kerr for a few seasons at Falkirk would make me guess it’s him.

Was Sibbald not more of a winger/no10 at Falkirk?