The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, mccurdieboy said:

I'm guessing ayr vs dunfermline game 16th November will be getting postponed due to u21 call ups

I would hope so , believe we have the option of applying for game to be rescheduled as we have more than 2 players selected for Scotland squads , I hope so as myself and another 12 fans will still be in Cyprus at Scotland game 

Edited by Robbo63

51 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I would hope so , believe we have the option of applying for game to be rescheduled as we have more than 2 players selected for Scotland squads , I hope so as myself and another 12 fans will still be in Cyprus at Scotland game 

Any idea when the rescheduled date would be? 

I would think around 26/27 November , first free midweek after original date ,that’s only my view , not sure what the rule is though , I believe if we request it can still be refused by SFA , but feel if we apply rescheduling would be granted 

Edited by Robbo63

33 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I would think around 26/27 November , first free midweek after original date ,that’s only my view , not sure what the rule is though , I believe if we request it can still be refused by SFA , but feel if we apply rescheduling would be granted 

Its got nothing whatsoever to do with the SFA. Its an SPFL game and the right to postpone for 3 call ups is enshrined in their rules and cant be refused.

That said, as I already pointed out, technically none of the players called up are unavailable on the Saturday. Their international call ups end at 10pm or thereabouts on the Friday night. I presume however that a practical approach would be taken and Ayr would be allowed a postponement if they want it.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its got nothing whatsoever to do with the SFA. Its an SPFL game and the right to postpone for 3 call ups is enshrined in their rules and cant be refused.

That said, as I already pointed out, technically none of the players called up are unavailable on the Saturday. Their international call ups end at 10pm or thereabouts on the Friday night. I presume however that a practical approach would be taken and Ayr would be allowed a postponement if they want it.

SFL yes correct , believe it or not but the SFL could refuse the postponement, unlikely but the option is there ,as for finishing at 10pm the night before do you honestly think a player should be available to play for his club the afternoon following an international match 

Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant  match 

They look at previous squads and if one of the players picked by international team are not regular in squad they may not allow postponement, luckily for us all 3 play regular 

Edited by Robbo63

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If the Dunfermline game is rescheduled we will have two weeks without a game as the following week is Scottish Cup weekend which we are not involved in. 

Think that would be really good for us , gets a couple of players back to 100% fitness and gives new management team some valuable time with players 

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

When I read your posts, why do I always feel like I'm back 20 years and standing in the headmasters office for a telling off?!

Chill out, ffs. 

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

SFL yes correct , believe it or not but the SFL could refuse the postponement, unlikely but the option is there ,as for finishing at 10pm the night before do you honestly think a player should be available to play for his club the afternoon following an international match 

Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant  match 

They look at previous squads and if one of the players picked by international team are not regular in squad they may not allow postponement, luckily for us all 3 play regular 

Ok, technically they "may" postpone it. In practice they will postpone it if three players are unavailable and a club asks. They've postponed games before because youth players who have a first team number but never actually play were unavailable (see Rangers getting games off when Jordan Thompson and others were called up for N Ireland u21s).

What I "think" is irrelevant. I've already said that in practice I'm sure a postponement would be granted if requested. I was just pointing out that technically they won't be unavailable as they'll have been released from International Duty by the time of the game.

The contract is for a certain number across the season, so they're probably just having a break.

EDIT: In fact, the Dundee derby is on BT next Friday, there's not a full card the following weekend due to the Challenge Cup, and there's the Scottish Cup game on the following weekend. So I guess it's just about possible that they could still announce one for the 29th.

Edited by craigkillie

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So have the BBC jacked the Friday night games i take it since tonight is the last scheduled one.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The contract is for a certain number across the season, so they're probably just having a break.

EDIT: In fact, the Dundee derby is on BT next Friday, there's not a full card the following weekend due to the Challenge Cup, and there's the Scottish Cup game on the following weekend. So I guess it's just about possible that they could still announce one for the 29th.

No more selections expected before Xmas I believe.

Okay didn't realise that, just presumed the contract was to show a game every Friday night of the season.

Does anyone think this might mean BT will stick their noses in on other games apart from the Dundee derby before Christmas, would still be amazed if our game away to Dundee United on the 21st December ain't on the TV.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

So why cant we be told that for sure so fans can plan ahead, book train tickets etc? Been hanging on for ages wondering which day the bigger games are scheduled for.

All games on BBC  clubs get 4 weeks minimum notice and I know we have not been notified yet , likely clubs will know next week of next round of games