The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Did you just make this up in your head?

Adams is on a pay per play contract (and he's not been playing) and Ross was loaned out to us as a favour to McInnes in order to get him fit but he's not kicked a ball due to injury, as such I can't see how Ayr would be out of pocket ???

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Adams is on a pay as you play deal (as is Craig  Moore) where as Frank Ross is a loan player so not sure what sort of % of his wages we will be paying. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
Did you just make this up in your head?

Adams is pay as you play I'm sure, and even when he does it's not that much. Ross came pre injured so doubt Aberdeen would have expected us to be pay anything considering it's only for six months

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Adams is on a pay per play contract (and he's not been playing) and Ross was loaned out to us as a favour to McInnes in order to get him fit but he's not kicked a ball due to injury, as such I can't see how Ayr would be out of pocket ???

Uh huh. He might be on a contract structured heavily towards appearance money and not basic wage but minimum wage regulations mean that even a part time professional player like Adams is absolutely NOT free of charge. You will be paying him.

It's also very unlikely (though not impossible) that Aberdeen loaned out a first team fringe player who was playing in this division last season on a free of charge loan deal. He is possibly fairly cheap though if the purpose was to assist his recovery from injury.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh. He might be on a contract structred heavily towards appearance money and not basic wage but minimum wage regulations mean that even a part time player like Adams is absolutely NOT free of charge. You will be paying him.

It's also very unlikely (though not impossible) that Aberdeen loaned out a first team fringe player who was playing in this division last season on a free of charge loan deal.

Only going on what we've been told, maybe Jamie supplies us with Milk or something ??

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh. He might be on a contract structured heavily towards appearance money and not basic wage but minimum wage regulations mean that even a part time professional player like Adams is absolutely NOT free of charge. You will be paying him.

It's also very unlikely (though not impossible) that Aberdeen loaned out a first team fringe player who was playing in this division last season on a free of charge loan deal. He is possibly fairly cheap though if the purpose was to assist his recovery from injury.

Odd that we would take a player on loan for a short term while he's in the middle of a long term injury, and pay part of his wages. Seems to be we're doing Aberdeen a favour more than anything else.

Yeah I don’t think Adams and Ross leaving will make much difference to our budget. However we’ll have whatever compensation Thistle paid us for McCall and Scally and also Kerr retiring will free up a wage.

Put that with whatever money Cameron is giving Kerr and you’d hope we could get at least 3 or 4 players with one being a loan.

Wonder if the Lee Miller thing has legs? He's still playing for Livi mostly as a sub TBF but he's also getting the odd goal, I suppose big he did come in it would be a 2 for 1 as player coach but that depends if Livi are willing to let him go, I think it's very obvious that Kerr, McArdle and Miller have been planning to work together for a while.

He's 36, didn't realise he was so old, remember he was a good player for them in the championship the year they got promoted but that was him probably at the end of the peak of his career. Waste of a wage from a playing sense IMO, would take him as a third coach.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

A quick look on the Livi thread tells you that Miller is very rarely fit and they were surprised he was given a new contract. Could still see him joining as a coach though.

Sounds like the perfect fit for us.................

I for one am sick and tired of people younger than me being called old or finished. As if it wasn’t bad enough that the club has appointed a manager younger than I am for the first time.

25 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

I'm guessing ayr vs dunfermline game 16th November will be getting postponed due to u21 call ups

An interesting question. Technically there is no fixture clash as international duty ends at full time on the Friday night. It's a home game, the players will be back with you for the Saturday. However, for the outfield players at least, if they've played then they can't seriously be expected to play again 19 hours later.  Presumably not an issue for Doohan. Are Harvie and Kelly likely to actually play? I've paid no attention to the 21's teams lately.

We're in a similar boat with McCrorie, though like Doohan, as a keeper I imagine there's nothing really stopping him from playing both. We don't have any other players called up though so a postponement isn't an option. We're at Tannadice. United may well be without Shankland if he's in the senior sqad for the Cyprus game, but I don't think they have anyone else called up.

An interesting question. Technically there is no fixture clash as international duty ends at full time on the Friday night. It's a home game, the players will be back with you for the Saturday. However, for the outfield players at least, if they've played then they can't seriously be expected to play again 19 hours later.  Presumably not an issue for Doohan. Are Harvie and Kelly likely to actually play? I've paid no attention to the 21's teams lately.
We're in a similar boat with McCrorie, though like Doohan, as a keeper I imagine there's nothing really stopping him from playing both. We don't have any other players called up though so a postponement isn't an option. We're at Tannadice. United may well be without Shankland if he's in the senior sqad for the Cyprus game, but I don't think they have anyone else called up.

I’d need to check the last few lineups but I think Harvie is the first choice left back for the team but Kelly normally starts on the bench.

Doohan and McCrorie seem to be sharing the games.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d need to check the last few lineups but I think Harvie is the first choice left back for the team but Kelly normally starts on the bench.

Doohan and McCrorie seem to be sharing the games.

Harvie has been the first choice left back recently. Kelly came off the bench during the last match, not sure about the previous one. And as you say, Doohan and McCrorie are sharing duties a la Clemence and Shilton back in the day. 

Kerr suggested that we wouldn't be playing on the 16th in his post match interview the other night.