The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Honestly mate, if that's your take on things good luck to you.
Craig Moore could have as many football careers as you want to give him and he still wouldnt get near 54 SPL goals. Fact.
Partick fans have had their share of capable (and I dare say) not so capable strikers over the years, simply put they know a good one. Can they equally be wrong of their opinion of Doolan?
And that he's somehow struggling to be more than a body around our place. Baffling, truly baffling.

I think most Patrick fans would accept that Dolan was brutal last season.

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Honestly mate, if that's your take on things good luck to you.

Craig Moore could have as many football careers as you want to give him and he still wouldnt get near 54 SPL goals. Fact.

Partick fans have had their share of capable (and I dare say) not so capable strikers over the years, simply put they know a good one. Can they equally be wrong of their opinion of Doolan?

And that he's somehow struggling to be more than a body around our place. Baffling, truly baffling.

I'm not disputing that he has had a great career. However, he is in the twilight of it and in my view, he is viewed through that prism on what he has done rather than what he is capable of now. 

He's also no Kevin Kyle or Craig Beattie. He gives his all and hasn't just come for the payday at the end of his career. He just isn't up to it anymore.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think most Patrick fans would accept that Dolan was brutal last season.

Not all of them. I pointed out on another thread that  I thought he looked slow last season and a few of them said he never had any pace in the first place. A lot seemed gutted he was leaving after a fall out with their manager and not for playing reasons 

I personally would give the boy McKenzie a shot , stands out like a sore thumb in the reserves , maybe young but is a good team player , finishes well and strong as an Ox , someone who wants to progress , in our current situation we have nothing to lose and everything to gain 

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

A reputation earnt seasons ago shouldn't entitle you to a start.

Also he hasnt just had 5 minutes a game, see below from start of the season. Hopefully we can now bin that myth.

A Berwick - 90 mins 2 goals

A Livingston - 45 mins (1st Half)

H Falkirk - 45 mins (2nd Half)

H Stranraer - 56 mins (from start)

H Morton - 4 mins (on 86)

A Dundee - 18 mins (on 72)

H QoS - 20 mins (on 70)

A Partick - 90 mins 1 goal

A Wrexham - 72 mins (from start)

A Alloa - 22 mins (on 68)

A Arbroath - 13 mins (on 77)

H Inverness - 14 mins (on 76)

A Dunfermline - 8 mins (on 82)

H Dundee - 2 mins (on 88)

By my calc, he has had 218 mins in the league so far. With 317 minutes in the cups. In my totals, I've added an average of 3 mins per game for stoppage time where he was on at the end.

I hope I have sufficiently debunked the 5 mins a game myth.

UnfAyr, he's s legend at a tinpot club. 

I personally would give the boy McKenzie a shot , stands out like a sore thumb in the reserves , maybe young but is a good team player , finishes well and strong as an Ox , someone who wants to progress , in our current situation we have nothing to lose and everything to gain 
Why the f**k is our best reserve in a position where we have no injuries??

A big strong midfielder would be ideal.

I don't mind the idea of trying harvie in there.

Weird that you’re all arguing about forwards when it’s the defence thats letting us down.  I thought we played pretty well against Dunfermline but threw away 3 very avoidable goals.  The performance against Dundee was the poorest I’ve seen since the queen of the south game, but the real issue was conceding 2 dreadful goals inside  20 minutes to a team that had offered very little by way of a goal threat.  Giving the opposition a 2 goal start is never a good way to win football matches.  

I have nothing against Doolan, but he has done nothing to warrant changing the shape of the team to accommodate him.

Weird that you’re all arguing about forwards when it’s the defence thats letting us down.  I thought we played pretty well against Dunfermline but threw away 3 very avoidable goals.  The performance against Dundee was the poorest I’ve seen since the queen of the south game, but the real issue was conceding 2 dreadful goals inside  20 minutes to a team that had offered very little by way of a goal threat.  Giving the opposition a 2 goal start is never a good way to win football matches.  
I have nothing against Doolan, but he has done nothing to warrant changing the shape of the team to accommodate him.

I half agree with you. Our defending hasn’t been good enough however our forwards aren’t helping them out by missing good chances. It’s not entirely the defenders fault and it’s not entirely the forwards fault. It’s a mixture of both.

The mcdaid goal aside, all goals in the last three games came from individual errors. Folk switching off, or not clearing their lines.

I don't think we're playing poor defensively but you're right, conceding so many goals makes life hard.

Would be good to be able to bring a few players in to freshen things up. We've been playing the same 11/12 players for a good run of matches without a break as we have had no one else fit / on form to come in.

Giving Moore & McGuffie a start vs Morton, maybe going 4-4-2 with Doolan starting also would freshen things up a bit and rest a few legs also

What is being highlighted just now is McCall was fiercely loyal to players who, in fairness, have literally ran themselves into the ground. Kerr has a mini rebuild job to do in January. I'd assume we'll see somewhere between 3-5 new faces at that point. I'm going to assume Moore will stay on, he's got a great opportunity to come out of the shadows now Shankland is away. 

That number is based on the following assumptions: 
Kerr hanging boots up
Frank Ross, either being a new face as we haven't seen him yet or returning to Aberdeen
Doolan returning to Partick (all rumour nothing concrete)
Adams retiring (again rumour but wouldn't be surprised). 
There will probably be a chunk of money from the change over of management - Not paying McCall / Scally for a month and being down 1 coach presently on the previous regime - unless I've missed something? 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

What is being highlighted just now is McCall was fiercely loyal to players who, in fairness, have literally ran themselves into the ground. Kerr has a mini rebuild job to do in January. I'd assume we'll see somewhere between 3-5 new faces at that point. I'm going to assume Moore will stay on, he's got a great opportunity to come out of the shadows now Shankland is away. 

That number is based on the following assumptions: 
Kerr hanging boots up
Frank Ross, either being a new face as we haven't seen him yet or returning to Aberdeen
Doolan returning to Partick (all rumour nothing concrete)
Adams retiring (again rumour but wouldn't be surprised). 
There will probably be a chunk of money from the change over of management - Not paying McCall / Scally for a month and being down 1 coach presently on the previous regime - unless I've missed something? 

We were also due compensation from Thistle I believe ??

Does insurance cover the wages for the long term injury to Murdoch ?

When you actual tally it all up, we're not paying Adams and I'd doubt very much if we're paying Ross so we really are saving a great deal of cash on wages if compared to our budget last season, not to mention that certain retained players were also offered reduced terms from what we've been told.

As such, there MUST be money there to bring in reinforcements in January, irrespective of Scottish Cup draws / runs etc.............

Hopefully the doom and gloom of the past couple of weeks will have lifted a little after last night. Ok, we weren't brilliant, however it's a win and three points against a team who were previously unbeaten at home with 4 wins and a draw, so can't be bad.

Thinking about it, had we drawn at EEP, drawn on Friday night against Dundee and drawn last night, most people would have been reasonably happy but doing it this way has still ended up with the same outcome, ie 3 points (granted Dunfermline and Dundee gained more), so all in all I think last night puts us firmly back on track and all we need now is a victory against Judas McCall's Harry Wragged outfit on Saturday.................

On 28/10/2019 at 11:15, WATTOO said:

When you actual tally it all up, we're not paying Adams and I'd doubt very much if we're paying Ross so we really are saving a great deal of cash on wages if compared to our budget last season, not to mention that certain retained players were also offered reduced terms from what we've been told.

As such, there MUST be money there to bring in reinforcements in January, irrespective of Scottish Cup draws / runs etc.............

Ayr don't have insurance for Murdochs injury as just after  Murdoch was checking to see if any insurance he had would cover it. Don't know if it did.

On 28/10/2019 at 11:15, WATTOO said:

Did you just make this up in your head?

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Did you just make this up in your head?

Adams is on a pay as you play deal (as is Craig  Moore) where as Frank Ross is a loan player so not sure what sort of % of his wages we will be paying.