The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

At the very least we need two central midfielders and one centre half. We desperately need a central midfielder right now but assuming it’ll need to wait until January. The issues right now are a McCall failing. We could do with a younger version of Mark Kerr if such a thing exists.

Hopefully January might look like this.

Out:
Doolan
Adams
Ross

In:
New striker
New midfielder
New midfielder
New centre back

It’s now clearer why McCall left tbh. He knew this was round the corner and bounced when his stock was high and a return to Firhill was on the table. I only wish he’d came out and said that at the time rather than going on about how he could’ve turn down his beloved Thistle.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s now clearer why McCall left tbh. He knew this was round the corner and bounced when his stock was high and a return to Firhill was on the table. I only wish he’d came out and said that at the time rather than going on about how he could’ve turn down his beloved Thistle.

Aye, I was initially fuming with McCall but looking into it further it’s clear Partick Thistle are a club with ambition to get back to The premiership where as our board have no ambition of that and are happy to have us jumping from Championship to League 1. 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, I was initially fuming with McCall but looking into it further it’s clear Partick Thistle are a club with ambition to get back to The premiership where as our board have no ambition of that and are happy to have us jumping from Championship to League 1. 

Just what you expect the negativity brigade to say , we are NO where near being a premiership club , anyone who thinks that IMO is deluded , we are at best a mid to top championship club and need to establish ourselves as a top club then think of premiership, it should be a  3-5 year plan , blaming the board is petty , they give their all and I can’t see many people queuing up to help financially, Am I happy where the club is , no I am not but will always support them and not just go onto websites and moan every time something goes wrong like many who also seam to say nothing when doing well , must have the most number of negative fans going 

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit harsh on the board tbh. Think there is ambition there but we just don’t have the resources of some of the other clubs. Considering our squad think we’ve competed well so far this season but not sure it will continue long term. The one disappointing thing for me is that we seem to be going places on the park yet there are financial issues away from it. The cost cutting in the summer and the recent managerial appointments confirm that but not really evident what is causing it

15 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Bit harsh on the board tbh. Think there is ambition there but we just don’t have the resources of some of the other clubs. Considering our squad think we’ve competed well so far this season but not sure it will continue long term. The one disappointing thing for me is that we seem to be going places on the park yet there are financial issues away from it. The cost cutting in the summer and the recent managerial appointments confirm that but not really evident what is causing it

Lachlan is not willing to financially support out with his means  ( who would ?)as he is trying to sell the club  , we don’t have the board full of rich business men that a number of clubs have , really hard to see where finance is going to come from , income from crowds , merchandise and sponsors at best only nearly keep us afloat , until some rich investors come on board I feel we will just keep our head above water , slightly worrying IMO

23 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

You can only spend the money you’ve got, but it is clear that there has been a dramatic cut in the playing budget from last season.  And it was generally accepted that we already had one of the lowest budgets in the league.  

The board could do themselves a favour (or maybe not) by making some effort to explain what is going on with the finances.  If it’s simply a question of Cameron not subsidising the club anymore, so be it, but the impression he has given is that he had already pulled the plug in that regard before last season.   It does feel as though we are not been given the full picture.

What a complete pile of shite.

Patrick Thistle have greater resources to fully challenge for the premiership. We are where we are.

24 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You can only spend the money you’ve got, but it is clear that there has been a dramatic cut in the playing budget from last season.  And it was generally accepted that we already had one of the lowest budgets in the league.  

The board could do themselves a favour (or maybe not) by making some effort to explain what is going on with the finances.  If it’s simply a question of Cameron not subsidising the club anymore, so be it, but the impression he has given is that he had already pulled the plug in that regard before last season.   It does feel as though we are not been given the full picture.

My understanding is that the playing budget is lower than last season due to the players who left the club were on good salaries and those that replaced them were on lower salaries, not sure if the budget has been cut or that the salary bill is lower , budget out with players was definitely cut to protect players salaries 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye, I was initially fuming with McCall but looking into it further it’s clear Partick Thistle are a club with ambition to get back to The premiershi

The same Partick Thistle who are still currently rock bottom of the league 

51 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Lachlan is not willing to financially support out with his means  ( who would ?)as he is trying to sell the club  , we don’t have the board full of rich business men that a number of clubs have , really hard to see where finance is going to come from , income from crowds , merchandise and sponsors at best only nearly keep us afloat , until some rich investors come on board I feel we will just keep our head above water , slightly worrying IMO

That might well be the reason but Lachlan has said the same thing now for as many years as I can remember. It just seems recently something has changed a bit more than usual 

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The same Partick Thistle who are still currently rock bottom of the league 

It shouldn’t really bother me but It really does make me smile seeing them still bottom. 😂 Great result for Arbroath today!

Given we’ve lost 3 on the bounce it’s pleasing to see us still sitting in second. A central midfielder (Craig Sibbald!) centre forward (Lee Miler) and a centre half are a must in January. 

Edited by ecocme

Honest to Christ, the negativity on here is frightening !!

Would people rather we were bottom ?

Imagine what some of you would be like if you were Thistle fans, Dundee fans, Dunfermline fans etc. Big budgets, big pools yet little Ayr Utd well above you even though they've got a really low budget and lots of injuries to key players. I bet you would wish you had a team like Ayr, a Chairman like Ayr etc, etc.

Sometimes I think you should all take a step back and see this league for what it is. It's ultra competitive where anyone can beat anyone (as happens every week), Yes, we've lost three in a row, however we didn't play badly and we're SECOND (Yes, second) in the league.

Rejoice guys rejoice rather than put down our club all the time an look on every worst case scenario.

Redemption will come in Greenock on Tuesday night and then we can all rejoice together.

Sermon over....................

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Honest to Christ, the negativity on here is frightening !!

Would people rather we were bottom ?

Imagine what some of you would be like if you were Thistle fans, Dundee fans, Dunfermline fans etc. Big budgets, big pools yet little Ayr Utd well above you even though they've got a really low budget and lots of injuries to key players. I bet you would wish you had a team like Ayr, a Chairman like Ayr etc, etc.

Sometimes I think you should all take a step back and see this league for what it is. It's ultra competitive where anyone can beat anyone (as happens every week), Yes, we've lost three in a row, however we didn't play badly and we're SECOND (Yes, second) in the league.

Rejoice guys rejoice rather than put down our club all the time an look on every worst case scenario.

Redemption will come in Greenock on Tuesday night and then we can all rejoice together.

Sermon over....................

Good post

Win  on Tuesday to kick start our revival