The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It’ll be a player coach deal with an emphasis on the coaching. He’ll likely see that as a move to get the Partick fans back on side.
I'd be happy with that as it would get him off our books. He's clearly trying but he's lost whatever he had.

(Waiting eagerly to be proved wrong over the coming weeks as he smashes them in for fun)

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The only ones who  could maybe agree a pre contract the now are Moore &  Adams surely, and those up at the end of season can negotiate in the Jan window. Think that's how it works.

Anyone who’s contact is up at the end of the season can sign a pre contract in January , I think that is about 90% of the squad , IMO I think a few players will wait to end of season before signing contracts as there is no guarantee yet what league Thistle will be in , and as someone said above Harvie if he continues to improve the way he is at moment ,much better teams than Thistle will be interested in him and Forrest 

Edited by Robbo63

15 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see a lot of the players were out with McCall and Scally on Saturday night. I wonder how many Pre contracts were agreed. 

Shankland was there, is he signing him as well? :lol:

I think their is a divorce between 2 people at the clubs that might be a bit of a blocker there. That's what I was told anyway

Always wondered why the club haven't loaned more promising players to Whitletts over the years. Surely a successful working relationship between both clubs could have mutual benefits?

29 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

I think their is a divorce between 2 people at the clubs that might be a bit of a blocker there. That's what I was told anyway

One of the people you refer to hasn't been associated with Whitletts for quite a while. 

A successful partnership between the clubs surely makes sense from a footballing point of view.

If players needing experience are sent to the same team it can build up some continuity and relationship between the clubs over time and surely Ayrs only junior team deserves some sort of support from a full time team in the same town?

We clearly can't offer anything financially but I'd like to see the next McCowan or Forrest off the conveyor belt be sent to the Dam Park. We've seen the benefits first hand of the benefits of loan players from teams further up the pyramid, why wouldn't Whitletts also be interested in that benefit?

Regular bounce or training matches can be organised locally and perhaps if Whitletts find the next Kris Doolan out of the juniors he'd be in a position to look favourably on us a club to move to.

Dam Park was always a decent pitch that perhaps we could also use with the Councils permission if needed during the week.

Huge mutual benefits at youth team level as well for both clubs.

For me, far more benefits than not.

On 14/10/2019 at 18:00, BukyOHare said:

A successful partnership between the clubs surely makes sense from a footballing point of view.

If players needing experience are sent to the same team it can build up some continuity and relationship between the clubs over time and surely Ayrs only junior team deserves some sort of support from a full time team in the same town?

We clearly can't offer anything financially but I'd like to see the next McCowan or Forrest off the conveyor belt be sent to the Dam Park. We've seen the benefits first hand of the benefits of loan players from teams further up the pyramid, why wouldn't Whitletts also be interested in that benefit?

Regular bounce or training matches can be organised locally and perhaps if Whitletts find the next Kris Doolan out of the juniors he'd be in a position to look favourably on us a club to move to.

Dam Park was always a decent pitch that perhaps we could also use with the Councils permission if needed during the week.

Huge mutual benefits at youth team level as well for both clubs.

For me, far more benefits than not.

If Inverness are still a thing come the summer I'd be interested to find out how their colts get on at Fort William. 
I'm not suggesting sending 9 players to Whitletts but totally agree it would be a good option for 2 or 3 who need to harden up a little, the club could easily keep a close eye on them. If it helps Whitletts move up a league or two over time then even better. Troon are another good option, where we obviously already have an in.