The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Can I add again that the length of the queue for tickets at 2:50/3:00 was fucking awful.

I thought we would have this down to a fine art but that's just really shite for folk.

Yes plenty of folk get their ticket in advance but plenty of folk do not and we're making it really, really difficult for those fans. I expected to see someone in charge directing things but the two stewards were completely useless.

Why is the queue not being broken up and split to make it quicker? What's the deal with the portable sales points?

It is a bit ridiculous. Seemingly the scanners “weren’t working” at some points yesterday. My Dad used to get his ticket from the shop but they’ve stopped selling them from there on match days for some reason. He’s yet to see any portable sellers. It’s certainly not been a smooth transition and I fear the worst heading into the winter for the old boys who are going to get cranky standing in a queue when it’s freezing and peeing it down

The fact that the turnstile operators were just looking at the tickets on people’s phones without the ability to scan them is wild. You could have had several people just showing a screenshot of the same ticket and it wouldn’t have flagged up.

It is a bit ridiculous. Seemingly the scanners “weren’t working” at some points yesterday. My Dad used to get his ticket from the shop but they’ve stopped selling them from there on match days for some reason. He’s yet to see any portable sellers. It’s certainly not been a smooth transition and I fear the worst heading into the winter for the old boys who are going to get cranky standing in a queue when it’s freezing and peeing it down
We were told there would be multiple areas where tickets were being sold at peak times (this is only needed for half an hour at most). Them you need someone directing folk clearly - getting the queues moving quickly. Neither seemed to happen yesterday.

There’s no amount of context can excuse Cameron. Absolutely abysmal, imagine the prospect of applying to be the manager working under someone that goes on like that? It wouldn’t be acceptable in my line of work and I don’t think professional football should be any different to any other business.

There’s no amount of context can excuse Cameron. Absolutely abysmal, imagine the prospect of applying to be the manager working under someone that goes on like that? It wouldn’t be acceptable in my line of work and I don’t think professional football should be any different to any other business.

I doubt an exchange with a couple of arseholes on Facebook is either reflective of the guy himself or will put a manager off applying.

Quite frankly couldn’t care less who it is, if you continually embarrass yourself on a daily basis and slate the chairman for nothing then you can’t complain when he hits back.

18 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Going to sack himself is he?

I doubt an exchange with a couple of arseholes on Facebook is either reflective of the guy himself or will put a manager off applying.

Most people base their opinion on evidence, should this be picked up by the media it in all probability would be the only thing someone reading about it would know about Cameron. They don’t know the storied history of SRE Vs P&B to say who’s an arsehole and who isn’t to contextualise it..

Anyone defending Cameron's diatribe is wrongly focussing on the weapon that he was arguing with.

However, as has been said when you represent the club you cant go on like that. If a player did they would be fined. If it's not acceptable conduct for the players its not acceptable for the Chairman.

If you're reading Lachlan, stay off social media. 

Nice to see Robbie getting the plaudits today. He was a good servant to us and it’s  always pleasing to see an Academy player make the great. Kudos to Nicky Devlin too who had a good game as well by all accounts. I’d take them both back in a heartbeat 
The Scotland national team ain't exactly blessed with right backs if Nicky keeps playing well you never know.

The home attendance yesterday was really disappointing if the reported figure is correct... I guess with the ticketing issue, the count could be wrong?

However, given we were 2nd with a chance of going top anything under 2,000 is disappointing imo.