The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He also said one of his main reasons for leaving was that he wasn’t willing to rebuild another team over the summer which I can understand tbh but he’ll probably have to do similar at Partick if he wants them to go up.

And it's not an entirely accurate statement considering 6 of the starting 11 for the last 2 games were at the club during the League 1 championship season. And on Saturday a further 2 were on the bench, with another 2 currently out injured.

The only two players who started on Saturday and weren't at the club at the end of last season were Roscoe and Kelly, fair enough McCowan did not break through to late on, Forrest would have been first choice big fit and Muirhead was always a replacement for Rose this season the rest were first team regulars so not exactly a massive rebuilding job, I hope some of these comments are tongue and cheek or his achievements are going to sour really quickly.

Cameron stated on one of his q and a Facebook things that we didn’t receive any bids in January for Shankland.  Given that the board backed him with full time football just over 2 years ago, I’m surprised at his criticism of the board.  Or maybe they lost a wee bit of confidence in his judgement after they gave him the money to sign his mate Harkins.

22 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

We might well need to rebuild as if this form continues we might be in the next league up (one can dream ) :whistle

If we had a fully fit version of our current squad for the full season I see no reason why we couldn't mount a serious bid for at least 11th in the premiership with some of the dross lingering around the drop this season. Obviously in reality once injuries hit we would struggle. But I suppose that is based upon us being a team high on confidence against teams getting battered week in week out at present. 

The board gave McCall more than they've given other managers for the last decade and a half. This is not the same as backing him to the extent that other clubs in this division get backed ffs. If there is another full-time team in the country with a lower playing budget I'd like to know who it is. Yes, this is fiscally prudent. Yes, everyone hates Dunfermline and Livingston and Gretna and Dundee United and Morton and Partick and every other club that absolutely spunks money gambling on promotion and then subsequently explodes in financial ruin, but the fact is that nearly every other club around this level has had a go at this since Ayr last tried it nearly 20 years ago and McCall can plainly see it's paid off for some.

Also Alan Forrest is a local boy who came through the club ranks and his big brother plays in the fucking Champions League every season. He's not going to go to fucking Partick Thistle, scurrilous dressing room rumours or not.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

The board gave McCall more than they've given other managers for the last decade and a half. This is not the same as backing him to the extent that other clubs in this division get backed ffs. If there is another full-time team in the country with a lower playing budget I'd like to know who it is. Yes, this is fiscally prudent. Yes, everyone hates Dunfermline and Livingston and Gretna and Dundee United and Morton and Partick and every other club that absolutely spunks money gambling on promotion and then subsequently explodes in financial ruin, but the fact is that nearly every other club around this level has had a go at this since Ayr last tried it nearly 20 years ago and McCall can plainly see it's paid off for some.

Also Alan Forrest is a local boy who came through the club ranks and his big brother plays in the fucking Champions League every season. He's not going to go to fucking Partick Thistle, scurrilous dressing room rumours or not.

Not sure what relevance this has to Alan Forrest potentially signing for Partick Thistle tbqhwy.

37 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not sure what relevance this has to Alan Forrest potentially signing for Partick Thistle tbqhwy.

if he's good enough for a step up, then he can step up, instead of crab-walking to Maryhill.

In fairness I though we might have lost Forrest last season and the season before that, I also thought we could have lost Harvie and even getting Murdoch to the club was also an achievement. It's by no means a foregone conclusion that everyone will leave especially if it's a sideways move into the unknown. I always felt McDaid was a bit different as he never seemed to have his heart totally in at Ayr.

Guys like Forrest are local boys and settled here, he's playing for a club that suits his style and lets him showcase his talents, he's also playing at the top end of the league in a winning side and he's still young enough to get a BIG move.

Don't get me wrong, if someone came in with a £250k + offer in January for any of our players (with the exception of McCowan) and the move was upwards and right for them, then I'd not be too disappointed as they'd be advancing their careers and we'd be pulling in some decent cash (relatively speaking).

Anyway, we're just the fans rather than the board so we should let them worry about the contractural situations of our playing squad and we should just concentrate in watching and enjoying this great bunch of lads while we've got the chance..........

27 minutes ago, Iain said:

It’s the most Ayrshire thing ever to be celebrating a new tractor😂

Just saw it in the Ayrshire Post so thought i'd say lol, it's the lottery that has actually paid for it, not the club, lottery has done a hell of a lot to improve somerset over recent years.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Just saw it in the Ayrshire Post so thought i'd say lol, it's the lottery that has actually paid for it, not the club, lottery has done a hell of a lot to improve somerset over recent years.

As far as I know the lottery comes from the Ayr United Development Society so it makes sense. 

The great wall of Somerset n that. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

As far as I know the lottery comes from the Ayr United Development Society so it makes sense. 

The great wall of Somerset n that. 

Everyone in the summer went mental thinking the great wall had blown half of McCalls playing budget for the summer haha.