The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It’s a loan move so there will be no motivation for him. He won’t get paid more at Thistle compared to Ayr, given that he’s contracted to Rangers.

I really don’t see us losing anyone in January besides Doolan (thank f**k) or Adams.
Is Adams under contract until the end of the season? If so, I'd be shocked if McCall would pay for him given his age and his risk of injury.

Is Adams under contract until the end of the season? If so, I'd be shocked if McCall would pay for him given his age and his risk of injury.

No he’s only contracted until January. And I’m pretty sure it’s only a pay as you play deal as well.

The only thing that would swing it would be McCall being pally with Gerrard and McAllister. If he convinced them to actually recall the player and then send them back out.

Same goes for Lennon at Celtic with regards to Doohan.
Greg Stewart comes to mind was loaned out to killie last season playing well was recalled to Birmingham only then to be loaned to Aberdeen.

Not sure with Doolan tonight, wasn’t listening. I seen them tweet something about him saying continuity was key for Ayr so they were asking Ayr fans should. Stewart be the new manager?

He was just saying how SS has kept things the same and the players really enjoy his training. Both he and Kerr are well liked at the club which he said will go in his favour.

It sounded like Doolan was saying he’s the ideal candidate.

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only thing that would swing it would be McCall being pally with Gerrard and McAllister. If he convinced them to actually recall the player and then send them back out.

Same goes for Lennon at Celtic with regards to Doohan.

Cant see any of Kelly or Doohan going anywhere until season end , they are there because they are being coached well and playing every week in a style that Rangers want Kelly playing , both players are being treated well at the club , parent clubs would not want to take a risk that that would not be the case anywhere else 

Edited by Robbo63

I don't see anyone being 'loyal' to McCall.

He has fucked off and left them after all.

Money, however, is a motivator at this level, as we all know.

Why did that Largs millionaire b*****d not support Ayr ffs!!!

Did he not dump his wife? Probably blowing his wad on hookers with big Calvin and his bitcoins.

14 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Can't see the farmer playing for any other full time club other than possibly QoS ... His business comes first ....

Not even sure about that. Plastic pitches don't lend themselves very easily to taking out three opposition players with one tackle 😀

If McCall had been sacked and there was a concern over the welfare of loan players, perhaps they would be recalled. McCall left fairly amicably as far as I can see, I would see no reason why he would want to steal players from us at Christmas or other Scottish clubs  would want to piss us about cancelling loans. 

Partick will be paying decent money for a very decent keeper in Scott Fox. Kelly has bedded in well at Ayr and is staring every week so I don't expect that would change. 

Adams on the other hand, McCall seems to have a decent relationship with him and his dad, his deal is based on him paying when he is happy to do so with his injury. A new manager might not tolerate that. 

Burley (another name...?) famously free'd Henry Templeton, a club legend because of Henrys "baggage" a few weeks in to his reign at Ayr. Ally knew how to get the best out of Henry and Burley couldn't manage him. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Burley (another name...?) famously free'd Henry Templeton, a club legend because of Henrys "baggage" a few weeks in to his reign at Ayr. Ally knew how to get the best out of Henry and Burley couldn't manage him. 

Didn't we sell him for £25K to Clydebank ?

I'm guessing the angry sounding Bellrock guy is linked with the scary looking dive just over the Prestwick border which I usually feel the need to accelerate past? It might help if he could type in English as opposed to some 12 year old on their facebook thing.

Careful or they will challenge you to a Facebook message convo and nobody wants that!!!

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He definitely knew on Thursday that he was taking the job.

I still like him but the whole situation has left a bad taste tbh. All the sound bites about being forever grateful and Ayr being his last job. He knew after we beat them a few weeks ago that Caldwell was done and he’d be next in line.

Had he left in the summer then I wouldn’t feel as bad but it’s the fact he’s moaned all summer about lack of funds but still went to the bother of recruiting players, starting the season and then leaving 6 games in.

I get the feeling he wanted to walk away in the summer but had no other job to go to so obviously didn't want to walk out of football again, in hindsight would have probably been better for all parties instead of jacking a job six weeks into the season.

Cameron said yesterday that on his last contract renewal which i presume was the summer he insisted on this clause and Cameron believes he wouldn't have signed it if he hadn't agreed to the clause.

37 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Can't see the farmer playing for any other full time club other than possibly QoS ... His business comes first ....

With Stranraer struggling so far this season and his farm being about 10 mins away I could see him playing for them...even though their fans “hate” him currently