The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, ftk said:

McCall brought professionalism to the club. Now we just need Lachlan to leave and bring a professional owner/ board in to run the club.

That's crazy talk. You might not agree with things that happen at the club, I know I dont, but for the mere fact that his / his families, money keeps the club alive then surely even his greatest critic must admit that he's crucial to our ongoing survival.

He's publicly stated the club's available to the right person, there would appear not to be a queue winding up Somerset Road to takeover.

Do the board get any credit for the general standing of the club at the moment? Or is it all down to Ian McCall, genuinely interested in people's thoughts.

Just now, ftk said:
6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
 Believe me , if Lachlan was to leave tomorrow, we would certainly be the next Gretna 

How do you know that? The next owner could run things alot better? Gretna was a far smaller club than us. Ayr, qos and morton have all under achieved in the last 30 years compared to the 10 or 15 other similar sizes clubs. Both on and off the park. I blame the owner for that.

The reason I know is that no one has placed an offer for the club, so if Lachlan walked away today we would go into administration and probably fold 

The reason I know is that no one has placed an offer for the club, so if Lachlan walked away today we would go into administration and probably fold 

That would be the same for any club if the owner walked away without a new buyer.He said a few months back that he was in talks about a takeover. Probably another one that fell through. From what I heard over the years he is notoriously difficult to deal with and has no intention of leaving the club unless he gets a mega offer.

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

That's crazy talk. You might not agree with things that happen at the club, I know I dont, but for the mere fact that his / his families, money keeps the club alive then surely even his greatest critic must admit that he's crucial to our ongoing survival.

He's publicly stated the club's available to the right person, there would appear not to be a queue winding up Somerset Road to takeover.

Do the board get any credit for the general standing of the club at the moment? Or is it all down to Ian McCall, genuinely interested in people's thoughts.

I personally think McCall got too much credit , our board in my opinion do the best they can with the finances they have available, we are not the big club that lots of supporters think we are , our crowds ,considering the style of football we have played over the last 2 years are poor , players on bigger wages and bigger bonuses due to being in Championship, but money generated from our attendances does not cover the increase , we need to think about what else can we do to drive revenue, I feel anyone with suggestions should send them to the club 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, ftk said:
6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

He said a few months back that he was in talks about a takeover. Probably another one that fell through. From what I heard over the years he is notoriously difficult to deal with and has no intention of leaving the club unless he gets a mega offer.

That’s not true , he said he would not sell the club to anyone who could not prove that the club would be financially stable after the sale , he does due diligence on potential buyers and that’s why he turned down the offer of the guy who went bankrupt , he will sell to the right person and hopefully that’s in near future 

That’s not true , he said he would not sell the club to anyone who could not prove that the club would be financially stable after the sale , he does due diligence on potential buyers and that’s why he turned down the offer of the guy who went bankrupt , he will sell to the right person and hopefully that’s in near future 
"Hopefully in the near future" ?

So you are looking forward to him leaving too?

We need a new owner who is going to drive the club forward both on and off the park. The club has been neglected for far too long. Time for change at the top!

10 minutes ago, ftk said:

"Hopefully in the near future" ?

So you are looking forward to him leaving too?

We need a new owner who is going to drive the club forward both on and off the park. The club has been neglected for far too long. Time for change at the top!

In what way has the club been neglected?

What you are looking for is not an owner it’s a sugar daddy.

End of the day we have been a provincial club in Scotland’s 2nd and 3rd tiers for around 40 years, who exactly are you expecting to pump money into us?

Hahhaha [emoji23][emoji23] why would I block someone, I only went back on fb to see the Q&A seems a lot of straws get used in here to sook up each other’s arses lots of people like to talk about other people behind a keyboard [emoji848]

Got torn a new arsehole yet he didn’t answer the question seems more people wanted to know about the question that I asked rather than the 2 arse sookers on here.

He didn’t answer your question because you went on a mini rant talking about Ayr not caring about the fans. Mainly because they didn’t do anything to help out the charity match you organised.

I personally think McCall got too much credit , our board in my opinion do the best they can with the finances they have available, we are not the big club that lots of supporters think we are , our crowds ,considering the style of football we have played over the last 2 years are poor , players on bigger wages and bigger bonuses due to being in Championship, but money generated from our attendances does not cover the increase , we need to think about what else can we do to drive revenue, I feel anyone with suggestions should send them to the club 
Controversial one but AstroTurf cause it could be hired out to a whole host of clubs and groups 6 days a week. Only thing is though would take a while to make money on it plus there are already a lot of schools round about which are used so would be effectively competing with the council over the likes of Belmont, Prestwick and Ayr Academy.

Do you happen to know how much the club pays SAC for using Ayr Academy?

Don't know if the likes of a small club shop in the town would work or not because let's face it unless you're an Ayr fan driving by Somerset you're unlikely to know there is a club shop hidden round the side.

Also have to disagree with Cameron about the advertising, he doesn't seem to think it's an issue but I do. Should be a big billboard placed on the grass at Whitletts Road at the lights at St John's Primary advertising when the next home game is. Maybe in collaboration with one of our sponsors, similar to what Morton do with millions outside the ground. The only other way people who don't follow the club know when the next game is is by the tiny sign outside Somerset, which not many see because Somerset isn't on the main road.

Just think the club needs to reach out more to the casual fans to turn them into more regulars.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Controversial one but AstroTurf cause it could be hired out to a whole host of clubs and groups 6 days a week. Only thing is though would take a while to make money on it plus there are already a lot of schools round about which are used so would be effectively competing with the council over the likes of Belmont, Prestwick and Ayr Academy.

Do you happen to know how much the club pays SAC for using Ayr Academy?

Don't know if the likes of a small club shop in the town would work or not because let's face it unless you're an Ayr fan driving by Somerset you're unlikely to know there is a club shop hidden round the side.

Also have to disagree with Cameron about the advertising, he doesn't seem to think it's an issue but I do. Should be a big billboard placed on the grass at Whitletts Road at the lights at St John's Primary advertising when the next home game is. Maybe in collaboration with one of our sponsors, similar to what Morton do with millions outside the ground. The only other way people who don't follow the club know when the next game is is by the tiny sign outside Somerset, which not many see because Somerset isn't on the main road.

Just think the club needs to reach out more to the casual fans to turn them into more regulars.

Correct this is what Kerr was saying last night 

He didn’t answer your question because you went on a mini rant talking about Ayr not caring about the fans. Mainly because they didn’t do anything to help out the charity match you organised.
Stop sooking the sweat oot Lachlan's backside mate. Please remove the straw.

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
29 minutes ago, D said:

Stop sooking the sweat oot Lachlan's backside mate. Please remove the straw.

I think you will find I never ask that question. You are a hard man talking on this with a fake name. Be a man a message me direct and not from a made up name child 

Billboard adverts?

That's where we've been going wrong.

The AstroTurf might be a good shout, considering how good we play on it sometimes.

Doesn't sit right with me but I have no doubts it will have been considered more than once by those in charge.

I just genuinely don't think there's too much more that can be done - our core support just isn't big enough. Fucking rangers-supporting fannies.

Let's be honest running a football club is a money pit, we have had the sugar daddy in Barr it didn't work out and almost cost us our club and what did we get out of it one 2nd place in the old first division one cup final we didn't even get Sumerset upgraded or a new stadium when he was building the rest of them around the country. Love him or hate him without Cameron we could be playing lowland league football or not even here never mind 2nd in the championship.

3 minutes ago, AyrBellrockSC said:

I think you will find I never ask that question. You are a hard man talking on this with a fake name. Be a man a message me direct and not from a made up name child 

Please stop offering out fights to people online. 

In fact, please keep doing it, it’s hilarious.

A fucking billboard.... 😂

its 2019 not 1919, there are any number of ways that a potential supporter can see when the next game is on without the club spunking cash on a fucking advertising medium that belongs in the last century.

if they were going to waste money on advertising the sensible thing would be to spend it on targeted Facebook ads which we can at least measure the number of views rather than something that we have no method of assessing.