The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Wonder if the compensation for McCall and Scally will cover the black hole that the Talbot and Alloa results apparently cost us last season, no matter how much we get it will be going to go back into running the club be very surprised to see any of it put into the playing budget or compensation for a manager currently in job.
Be lucky if it covers new paper towels for the dispensers in the North Terrace toilets

Someone on one of the threads mentioned earlier that McCall was on a rolling month to month contract. Is there any truth in it?
His contract details haven't been made public the last couple of seasons, which made me think it might be something along those lines  

2 minutes ago, Walter said:
5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
Be lucky if it covers new paper towels for the dispensers in the North Terrace toilets

Someone on one of the threads mentioned earlier that McCall was on a rolling month to month contract. Is there any truth in it?

Yeah, but Scally isn’t. If McCall is half the man he likes the portray, he’s maybe wangled Ayr a decent compo. He got us a good sell on fee for Rose when he went to Coventry on a pre contract for letting him go down during training etc so you never know.

Yeah, but Scally isn’t. If McCall is half the man he likes the portray, he’s maybe wangled Ayr a decent compo. He got us a good sell on fee for Rose when he went to Coventry on a pre contract for letting him go down during training etc so you never know.

The sell on thing with Rose I’ve always had my doubts about. Coventry had absolutely no incentive to agree it and he went on freedom of contract. I’d be willing to bet that comes out in the wash should he move.

16 minutes ago, Walter said:
20 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Untrue , Ayr will get the compo they are obliged to get 

Edited by Robbo63

55 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I think if Stewart wants it and does well in a few games in charge he should get it. It may look the “cheap” option, but we need stability now. When we appointed McCall we needed a fresh face, something new. Now we need someone who knows the team/board etc to keep the club going in an upwards direction. He has plenty of experience and it’s no coincidence we’ve looked a real attacking threat from when he started coaching. 

Very short term stability helps us however in the near future we may need to build a team again. A combination of youngsters being sold, older players and injuries catching up with us. Don’t know enough about Stewart to judge him really but would rather take a safer option 

Very short term stability helps us however in the near future we may need to build a team again. A combination of youngsters being sold, older players and injuries catching up with us. Don’t know enough about Stewart to judge him really but would rather take a safer option 
That's the key factor though - we, as fans don't know enough.

We have to trust Lachlan's judgment.

Just now, pandarilla said:

That's the key factor though - we, as fans don't know enough.

What can be more safer than a guy who knows all the players inside out , has worked with them for approx 15 months , attended and participated in every training session , this guy is far more experienced than most of the names being banded about , more the save  option than the cheap option in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Let's just hope he and the board have taken the right lessons from previous appointments and have a good profile to work from this time around.

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

What can be more safer than a guy who knows all the players inside out , has worked with them for approx 15 months , attended and participated in every training session , this guy is far more experienced than most of the names being banded about , more the save  option than the cheap option in my opinion 

That's fine for the first team in the short term, but how is he at recruiting new players, running the other parts of the club, dealing with the board, etc?

I'm sure for an owner who's  been looking  to sell the club, looking for a new manager is the last headache he needs, so  wouldn't be surprised if Stewart gets it permanently, barring an absolute disaster run of games. Needs to bring in a couple of assistants though

I'm sure for an owner who's  been looking  to sell the club, looking for a new manager is the last headache he needs, so  wouldn't be surprised if Stewart gets it permanently, barring an absolute disaster run of games. Needs to bring in a couple of assistants though
You can't throw that insult at the guy, he's not neglected Ayr United in the slightest.

It's definitely a headache though. There weren't many more secure managers in Scotland.

Temperament and judgment though. Managers need a wide range of skills - and time will tell if sandy has them (or even if he wants the top job).

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I don't understand, from a career point of view, why any manager would jump from a promotion prospect that would help their career, too a relegation prospect at an equally unstable club. 

Surely Patrick aren't paying much more than what Ayr were?

It really is heart over head in this one 

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

I don't understand, from a career point of view, why any manager would jump from a promotion prospect that would help their career, too a relegation prospect at an equally unstable club. 

Surely Patrick aren't paying much more than what Ayr were?

Maybe it was something to with getting a 3 year contract?