The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Delighted that he's coming back to Firhill and think Ayr have handled the situation brilliantly. Also the Ayr fans have shown their class with the good wishes towards him.

I hope that Ayr continue their good form (obvious exceptions), especially against United. McCall will need time and patience from the Jags fans and I for one hope he gets both.

2 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Big club Partick to be fair , cant blame him .

Unfinished business and McCall loves Thistle. He left due to personal problems that have been reported in the media.

It's a big job to take on - only two draws (against Alloa and Arbroath) this season. We're very lucky that Ian is willing to return. 

15 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Unfinished business and McCall loves Thistle. He left due to personal problems that have been reported in the media.

It's a big job to take on - only two draws (against Alloa and Arbroath) this season. We're very lucky that Ian is willing to return. 

He’s previously said he loved QOtS too as he’s from Dumfries. More loves than Hugh Hefner for Mr McCall

If I ever happen upon McCall in a boozer on Byres Road, I’ll gladly buy him a pint and thank him for his efforts at our club.

I’ve been a McCall sycophant since the day he joined the club, with one wobble. I lost the faith a wee bit, ironically against Thistle at home at the tail end of last season when I really couldn’t fathom how shit we’d become since November and he seemed unable to arrest the slide.

He’s an old school manager who brought our club on leaps and bounds, off and on the field. Of course he made mistakes but he should be remembered for the progress he made. To paraphrase his stock opener, which I enjoy mentioning as it pisses off several on here, “Look where we were 5 years ago” and why fucking not? We were a fucking shambles heading for League Two. Take a bow son.

Praise also to LC for taking a chance when no one else would. As much as we’re hurting, LC will probably be having a wee quiet moment to himself tonight.

That said, I can’t fucking wait to get up to Arbroath next Fri night, get shit faced and get right behind the best footballing side in the Championship on Sat. Business as usual, the organ grinder needs a new monkey.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He’s previously said he loved QOtS too as he’s from Dumfries. More loves than Hugh Hefner for Mr McCall

He has also in the past said the Dundee job is his 'dream job' despite being despised by the majority of the Dundee support. This is apparently because of his 'strong affection' for the club from his playing days.

I also remember how utterly seething he was when Partick Thistle manager and was offered the Dundee job. He was apparently driving to Dens to sign on the dotted line and heard on the radio that his former assistant, Gordon Chisholm had been appointed.

2 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

If I ever happen upon McCall in a boozer on Byres Road, I’ll gladly buy him a pint and thank him for his efforts at our club.

I’ve been a McCall sycophant since the day he joined the club, with one wobble. I lost the faith a wee bit, ironically against Thistle at home at the tail end of last season when I really couldn’t fathom how shit we’d become since November and he seemed unable to arrest the slide.

He’s an old school manager who brought our club on leaps and bounds, off and on the field. Of course he made mistakes but he should be remembered for the progress he made. To paraphrase his stock opener, which I enjoy mentioning as it pisses off several on here, “Look where we were 5 years ago” and why fucking not? We were a fucking shambles heading for League Two. Take a bow son.

Praise also to LC for taking a chance when no one else would. As much as we’re hurting, LC will probably be having a wee quiet moment to himself tonight.

That said, I can’t fucking wait to get up to Arbroath next Fri night, get shit faced and get right behind the best footballing side in the Championship on Sat. Business as usual, the organ grinder needs a new monkey.

:thumsup2

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He has also in the past said the Dundee job is his 'dream job' despite being despised by the majority of the Dundee support. This is apparently because of his 'strong affection' for the club from his playing days.

I also remember how utterly seething he was when Partick Thistle manager and was offered the Dundee job. He was apparently driving to Dens to sign on the dotted line and heard on the radio that his former assistant, Gordon Chisholm had been appointed.

He’s certainly a man of many affections! Heard him rave about Falkirk as well 

Gutted.

The “I’ll be here as long as the club wants me” comments do stick a bit, but he won’t be getting any abuse from me.

He’s turned the club around on and off the pitch, gave us some great moments, a title win and our highest league finish in nearly two decades. After the Roberts years it’s been a breath of fresh air. I really can’t hold anything against him after the last 2 and a bit years.

I think he’s taking a big risk but that’s up to him. For us - whoever we appoint I think it’s an even bigger decision than normal. It’s not just about on the pitch - with the nature of our far-away chairman we need someone who is capable of driving the professionalism of the club as a whole in the same way McCall has. Not an easy decision for the board to make.