The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I know it ended a bit sourly with us but (assuming he's not McCall's assistant, can't confirm that anywhere) I think you might end up with Alan Archibald. Out of work, would definitely be interested in the job and might be recommended by McCall as a replacement.

He's a decent enough manager, always comes across as being a likeable guy and you certainly look like you've got a good group of players. He's also not John Hughes if that helps.

Would I take John Hughes ? While Steven Prestley is out of a job, yes

This is more than just league position, McCall has been behind the return to full time football and setting us up as a place top teams send their players to be developed. 

We followed the same formula every season, start well with a small squad, at Christmas we start to become inconsistent and limp home, mostly down to injuries to the same players every year, but our early season form has seen us through. 

He didn't create a new manager bounce when he started at Ayr, it took him to the following season to turn things around, hopefully it will be the same as thistle. 

Sandy Stewart is a great coach but not a manager from what I can see, maybe Kerr will be a decent manager but I'd hope for a same again appointment, old head with something to prove. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Would I take John Hughes ? While Steven Prestley is out of a job, yes

This is more than just league position, McCall has been behind the return to full time football and setting us up as a place top teams send their players to be developed. 

We followed the same formula every season, start well with a small squad, at Christmas we start to become inconsistent and limp home, mostly down to injuries to the same players every year, but our early season form has seen us through. 

He didn't create a new manager bounce when he started at Ayr, it took him to the following season to turn things around, hopefully it will be the same as thistle. 

Sandy Stewart is a great coach but not a manager from what I can see, maybe Kerr will be a decent manager but I'd hope for a same again appointment, old head with something to prove. 

Pressley is currently the Carlisle manager.

Edited by RedEd

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I need to lie down and hopefully when I awake this has all been a horrible dream...

tired sleep GIF

Thats bloody depressing wrt Forrest and Harvie. I might as well get on the phone to the Samaritans at this rate.

Possible misunderstanding, I am not talking about January , end of season when contracts expire , McCall will try for them but you never know successful season for us could entice them to stay 

It says quite a lot that no Thistle fans are on here gloating about this. I'd be absolutely gutted if the situation was reversed. 
Would not surprise me if Ayr still finished top and probably still ahead of us. 
TBF to Thistle fans they have been decent since this broke yesterday the Clyde fans on your thread have been pure reprobates though.

SS As first team coach obviously gets the style of play. We need someone with the man management ability to make the players want to play for them. As much as I think Mark Kerr is a great midfielder with a great pedigree he’s not that guy.

It’s a tightrope being charismatic enough to do the above without going too far.

25 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Please to god, no John Hughes. 

Cant see it , Archibald would be my choice , if offered can’t see him turning it down to be an assistant at Partick ,think we need to approach right now before he is announced at Partick , would not be too disappointed with Sandy Stewart going by what I have seen of him with the players 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Any see it , Archibald would be my choice , if offered can’t see him turning it down to be an assistant at a Partick but think we need to approach right now 

From what i've heard, he'll be joining McCall as assistant manager. 

So sad the see McCall go out like this ,I thought he was the perfect fit for us, sometimes these things are not transferable .However he loves Thistle and they are willing to pay him and back him . So the king is dead long live the king ....

I believe SS is our guy ,he is in house and the key to our form in the last three seasons . McCall will come for him ,so if we want this guy we had better get on it .

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

McCall just chucked his career in the bin.

It’ll be a bin well lined with plenty of banknotes. Not many candidates around for The Pars for when Crawford gets his jitters? 🤔