The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

f**k off man fucking bullshit, no he ain't a snake and i'm just annoyed we're losing all our best assets constantly, need new ownership ASAP.

Only reason McCall has gone to Thistle is because he'll have the money to get to the Premiership, which we don't have.

All the hard work of the last 5 years could be absolutely destroyed by the end of the season, wouldn't be at all surprised if we went for another cheapskate Mark Roberts style move.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

f**k off man fucking bullshit, no he ain't a snake and i'm just annoyed we're losing all our best assets constantly, need new ownership ASAP.

Only reason McCall has gone to Thistle is because he'll have the money to get to the Premiership, which we don't have.

All the hard work of the last 5 years could be absolutely destroyed by the end of the season, wouldn't be at all surprised if we went for another cheapskate Mark Roberts style move.

He was always going to be at Partick sometime, we could never match the money they have to invest in a squad 

I’m not having the snake patter. Any other club and he’d have stayed at Ayr but everyone knew Thistle were different for him.

Do I think he’s made the right decision? No but I can thank him for what he’s done and wish him well.

We need to focus on the future though. Sandy Stewart might well be given the job full time but there’s no harm in letting him hold the fort for now and have a look at what else is out there. We’re a far more attractive job now than we were 5 years ago so I’d be interested to see who applied for it.

The King is dead , long live the King , we are a club that a number of managers would be happy to manage , real good current foundation to build on , no point going on about who will join him from our playing staff next season as they would not have being staying with us anyway , we just need to accept it and move on as nothing is bringing him back , Sandy Stewart is a great coach at the club and currently takes a great deal of the coaching at training so really happy to see him take control in meantime 

Edited by Robbo63

Let’s be honest, I doubt there are many Ayr fans who won’t find Partick getting relegated entertaining now...

As I said earlier, leaves us incredibly depleted in terms of both players and coaching staff. One of our fourteen fit players acting as assistant manager too.

He might have money but at the moment they are a shower. Even with 2 part time teams in the league I think it's a relegation struggle for them this season.

Not surprised in the slightest, just disappointing that it comes when these boys are looking like world-beaters.

Hopefully his time at Firhill is successful, he's also proved to the board that we can compete at the top end of the table with our budget.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel. On a personal level, glad that the guy has conquered his demons and things seem to have come full circle for him.

As an Ayr fan, I'm pissed off that he's chosen to go to a rival club in a worse position after all his soundbites in the media over the last five years. But, managers and players come and go and it's a reflection of where we are. Lachlan does a good job of keeping us competiIfve within our means and knows he's not the man to take us forward. He's always been very honest about that, and responsible in not selling to the first person who comes along.

If they're taking Scally too then take them to the cleaners for the compensation.

Shall we put Geggan in charge for the loosest banter-fest of a training session?