The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The internal jobs for the boys gig didn’t work out when we were a part time club. Since going full time I would imagine there is a lot more for our manager to consider. Bearing in mind our chairman is hands off and lives miles away i reckon McCall probably makes a few more decisions than your typical manager. Would much rather have somebody who has experience of doing this plus can also potentially bring players along in the future 

Feel we need someone with experience. The player approach didn't work with Marko. 
For every failed ex player there will be one that worked. For every experienced hand that works there will be one that failed.

I'd like to see a team approach, like county. Mark Kerr sounds like he could be a part of that management team.

Let's be honest we won't be able to pay compen for a manger so if it's not an internal appointment it's going to be one of the guys you see on the betting odds every time a job comes up in Scotland who knows what the next 24 to 48 hours will bring hopefully we don't need to worry about new manger's but in my gut I think he's gone.

1 minute ago, FergR said:

Given how many leaks you usually get before an announcement, surprised more Thistle fans haven’t claimed it’s def happening based on inside info.

Could be that we are just so fed up with Thistle at the moment that we couldn't give a hoot or we are just holding our breath hoping McCall comes to us.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Let's be honest we won't be able to pay compen for a manger so if it's not an internal appointment it's going to be one of the guys you see on the betting odds every time a job comes up in Scotland who knows what the next 24 to 48 hours will bring hopefully we don't need to worry about new manger's but in my gut I think he's gone.

If the right person involves paying compensation for then Lachlan should absolutely be going and finding the money. Getting the correct person will both generate and save money in the long run and hopefully by now he has learned some big lessons on this