The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

52 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Come on @Robbo63  give us the inside scoop and put us out our misery

Somethings that are leaked are to drive interest and unfortunately some others must remain private , all will be revealed soon , will he go ? I am not 100 % convinced , it really is still on a knife edge IMO only 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Cameron doesn’t help himself at times.  His attitude comes across as a bit of the shrug of the shoulders - players and managers move on and there’s nothing we can do about it.  On one level he’s right, but sometimes you have to be seen to be fighting the good fight.   Last season he made it clear he wouldn’t stand in McCall’s way if he wanted to go to Falkirk or Partick or anyone else that might want him when we were sitting top of the league.  Same again.  I’m sure Clyde knew fine well that if Lennon really wanted to go, he’d go, but it didn’t stop them turning down permission to speak to him.

I'm not into refusing permission to speak, I'm 53 and I'll make my own decisions, good or bad.

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

His official position is 1st team coach 

I’m sure you’re right, but I don’t recall that ever being communicated by the club.  I half wonder if it was done quietly to avoid any awkward questions about Scally’s role.  Which probably demolishes my earlier argument that we should take a punt on him as manager.

We’re going to get stuck with John Hughes, aren’t we?

3 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Tam O Shanters shat in Doolans crocks and looks like Ayr are FEENEESHED

20181010-181238.jpg

I'm quite confident that Tam would fill at least one if not both of those.

Edited by ayrmad

I’m sure you’re right, but I don’t recall that ever being communicated by the club.  I half wonder if it was done quietly to avoid any awkward questions about Scally’s role.  Which probably demolishes my earlier argument that we should take a punt on him as manager.

There was an interview last season after the Fylde friendly that announced he had officially joined.

I’m sure he was helping us out in League 1 but that was due to Scally remaining part time. IIRC both are now full time at Ayr.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not into refusing permission to speak, I'm 53 and I'll make my own decisions, good or bad.

Trust between chairman and manager is a big thing , there should be no refusal to allow manager to speak to anyone , as everyone knows wither permission is giving or not if the manager wants to speak to another club it will happen one way or another , may as well be above board and allow him to speak 

Trust between chairman and manager is a big thing , there should be no refusal to allow manager to speak to anyone , as everyone knows wither permission is giving or not if the manager wants to speak to another club it will happen one way or another , may as well be above board and allow him to speak 

Are we likely to find out today what’s happening?

4 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Video  released by club on 7th July 2018 an interview with Sandy Stewart welcoming him to club and him explaining what his roll was 

Perhaps a spell in the top league might help our home crowds instead of spending the last thirty years fannying about the 2nd and 3rd tier of Scottish football. Most of the teams we face in the Championship have managed this. Or, like QOS for example, they have gubbed an OF side and been in Europe in the not so distant past.

We need genuine achievements before Lachlan and co can moan about crowd sizes.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

As much as he has the emotional attachment to Partick he's also go a fantastic relationship with thus team who look like they would run through brick walls for him I'm hoping that comes into his decision making.

As long as they don’t run through brick walls in January to sign or pre sign  to join him if he was to leave 

15 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Video  released by club on 7th July 2018 an interview with Sandy Stewart welcoming him to club and him explaining what his roll was 

I remember that interview but doesn’t really state he was taking up an official role as 1st team coach.  His previous involvement seemed a bit vague and that interview seemed to make the vagueness official.  Just some general references to helping out Ian and Neil and working with the youths.