The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Screenshot_2019-09-22-07-52-27.jpegScreenshot_2019-09-22-07-52-14.jpegScreenshot_2019-09-22-07-49-26.jpeg

Good stuff from Lachlan, I don't think it's the right time for him to take the Patrick job but I think his urge to make amends will be all consuming unfortunately, you're a long time dead and you want to go with as clear a conscience as possible.

Good luck to him, it took a while but he built a team that's been a joy to watch at times.

Feels like the relationship between McCall and Cameron has soured a bit since the Summer with the financial cutbacks.  I guess the issue for McCall will be whether things will be any different next June.  Of the current team, we’ll lose Doohan, Kelly, Harvie, Forrest and probably McCowan if someone is willing to cough up a transfer fee.  That will probably leave us scrabbling around looking to pull some rabbits out a hat again.   It’s an approach that’s bound to catch up with us eventually.  

16 minutes ago, somerset =nou camp said:

^If McCall goes Mark Kerr will be our next manager

Hope not. Think we need to establish ourselves in this division for another year or two yet. Would rather give it to someone with a profile not too dissimilar to McCall when he joined. Experienced manager with previous success but needing to prove themselves again and clean up their cv  

17 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Hope not. Think we need to establish ourselves in this division for another year or two yet. Would rather give it to someone with a profile not too dissimilar to McCall when he joined. Experienced manager with previous success but needing to prove themselves again and clean up their cv  

Do you think Billy Davies and Lachlan would hit it off.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Out of contract Hughes (bar his Raith spell) ticks the boxes

Does he? I'd say the opposite, in that he has a habit of ripping squads apart.

He took over a Hibs side who finished 6th, and got them to 4th, but they only actually got 7 more points. He then dismantled the team, built his own, and got sacked. They eventually ended up relegated due to the mess he made of it.

He took a rampant Livingston side, who had just lost some form, and turned them into a team who struggled to win games and finished 4th.

He went to Hartlepool in November and got them to finish second bottom.

He then moved to ICT, who under Terry Butcher had built an incredible side who had finished 4th the season before, and were one of the best sides in the country. He won a cup and finished 3rd, but the league was a different place. He also destroyed the good feeling about the club, ripped apart the squad and they eventually ended up relegated due to the mess he made.

His spell at Raith was just hilarious. Raith were 8th and 4pts clear of 9th when he took charge. They won 4 games in almost half a season with him in charge, and lost the play off to the same Brechin side who came up and were one of the worst second tier sides of all time.

I always find it totally bizarre hes lauded as some great manager. He, literally, only ever has short term success, and that always when hes taking over a successful side. Within a year or two hes ripped everything apart and the club end up in a position where it takes them years to recover from.

Edited by RandomGuy.

If McCall leaves then Stewart Petrie should be top of the list of potential candidates to replace him. Montrose have admittedly started this season poorly, but no manager has over-achieved more in Scottish football over the past two seasons. That he's been able to take a small club well beyond their 'natural' place in the pecking order is exactly the sort of track record you'd want from an Ayr manager if we do indeed have aspirations of reaching the Premiership.

8 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

Absolutely terrific to read page after page of Ayr fans convince themselves McCall is staying with them. Sorry lads, he’s a goner.

It's quite the opposite as the majority think he's away, however it's not McCall that Thistle require, it's a miracle worker..........

I obviously hope McCall stays but if he goes then so be it. We're definitely going to be an attractive proposition to potential replacements and we don't need to sell ourselves short with potential candidates.

Every manager has some sort of failure on their CV at one point or another. My worry would be that we've had years of stability with the right guy for the right club for so long, do the club have a handle on what's actually made things so relatively successful?

The wrong appointment could quickly undo years of progression. That's my ultimate fear.

Get the advert out there and see who's CV lands on the doormat. Off the top of my head, what about Owen Coyle, who's worked with Sandy Stewart in his backroom team for years, Jim Weir or Stewart Petrie (geography might dictate otherwise with the guys in jobs).

Edited by BukyOHare

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

I obviously hope McCall stays but if he goes then so be it. We're definitely going to be an attractive proposition to potential replacements and we don't need to sell ourselves short with potential candidates.

Every manager has some sort of failure on their CV at one point or another. My worry would be that we've had years of stability with the right guy for the right club for so long, do the club have a handle on what's actually made things so relatively successful?

The wrong appointment could quickly undo years of progression. That's my ultimate fear.

Get the advert out there and see who's CV lands on the doormat. Off the top of my head, what about Owen Coyle, who's worked with Sandy Stewart in his backroom team for years?

Fucking fold the club.

John Hughes is a straight no!  

i wouldn’t go for Kerr as manager, but seems like s model pro so wouldn’t have s problem stepping up to assistant.  I could honestly live with Scally stepping up in the hope of preserving some continuity.  I’m saying that without the first clue how he is rated within the club right enough.  Or maybe it’s just the names being mentioned elsewhere that are making me want to gamble on promotions from within.  The thought of Duffy, McIntyre or Hughes makes me want to greet.