The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

You're already looking forward to the next game?

Thoroughly dismantled last week and laboured to a late home win against one of the part time teams in the division.

You're a bit of a no-righter son.

Just a bit?

He’s a complete fucking nutter.

What if their new rich owners come in and want to bring their own man in?

Then McCall would get a massive contract buy out, he'd go back to his media work and be back in a managerial job in a few months. I highly doubt he'll even think about such an outcome.

I am hoping that McCall is giving Thistle a respectful amount of time to consider the offer before declining. 

Cameron allowed him to speak to Falkirk last year and presumably Thistle now and I am guessing that is through mutual respect. McCall is probably in one of the safest jobs in Scottish football at the moment. 

It's a fair point to consider. He's in a heart v head scenario; the logical choice would be staying at a club where you've rebuilt your career, where you're pretty much untouchable and working on something special and he has a lot more freedom than other managers.

I get the heart may pull him to Partick but it's a very uncertain club just now - new owners possibly, financial problems, bottom end of the table - and why would you give up a very secure job for that? Sure, Partick have more cash than us but they're a basket case of a club just now.

I am hoping that McCall is giving Thistle a respectful amount of time to consider the offer before declining. 
Cameron allowed him to speak to Falkirk last year and presumably Thistle now and I am guessing that is through mutual respect. McCall is probably in one of the safest jobs in Scottish football at the moment. 

Really  no idea who to go for as a replacement.  I suppose a continuity option might be to offer it to Scally with Mark Kerr stepping up to assistant.  Always liked Peter Murphy as a player and seems to be doing a decent job at Annan so that might be an option.  Cameron’s track record of managerial appointments isn’t great though - he’ll probably re-appoint Roberts.

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

It's a fair point to consider. He's in a heart v head scenario; the logical choice would be staying at a club where you've rebuilt your career, where you're pretty much untouchable and working on something special and he has a lot more freedom than other managers.

I get the heart may pull him to Partick but it's a very uncertain club just now - new owners possibly, financial problems, bottom end of the table - and why would you give up a very secure job for that? Sure, Partick have more cash than us but they're a basket case of a club just now.

McCall would need his head examined if he left Ayr right now..... besides one look at the double act who penned the BBC article suggests it's a load of shite..... 

5167059_Screenshot_20190922-011202_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.d416c328b8ed630e6efcfa2c44cdb453.jpg

It’s a head v heart scenario, I hope McCall has a real think about what he’s doing. However if the worst happens, who is actually out there?

Lower league wise you have to look at the likes of Darren Young and Stevie Farrell who seem to turn over decent squads like McCall does and play decent football. Duffy is a no from me, just don’t like his style. Out of contract Hughes (bar his Raith spell) ticks the boxes, you just feel at any time he could rock the boat. Derek Adams is also available, could he see this as a job in Scotland to get his reputation back up, as well as Jim McIntyre?