The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was absolutely clear from the 1st minute of that game, that Reid had set us up to take it to penalties.

Easily one of the worst games I’ve been to see Ayr.

Totally agree, the revisionism from some on here like it was a counter attacking materclass. Did we even register a shot?

It was fucking grim, as Panda said there was no balance. We weren't playing on the break and when we won the ball we just gave it back to them. No attempt to get forward.

I actually got to the stage I couldn't even watch and went for a walk up the stand when it was 0-0 in extra time. The goal was inevitable.

So....predictions for a week from now?  Still sitting top of the table and McCall delighted to welcome a couple of the injured players back for the trip to Arbroath......Or down to 11 fit players, one of which is temporary player manager Mark Kerr...... All depends if you are a glass half empty or glass half full kind of person I suppose haha!

So....predictions for a week from now?  Still sitting top of the table and McCall delighted to welcome a couple of the injured players back for the trip to Arbroath......Or down to 11 fit players, one of which is temporary player manager Mark Kerr...... All depends if you are a glass half empty or glass half full kind of person I suppose haha!
[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

I'm not worried. No sireeeee.

Tomorrow will be a very tough game. After that we'll see what happens.

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

The King is dead .Long live the King

I had no problem whatsoever with the tactics at Hampden until the game was lost, at which point it was too late. The idea that a team which featured Chris Smith would go into a semifinal on dire form and start playing total football is very silly. Everyone I was with that day was absolutely fucking beeling tbf.

23 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I had no problem whatsoever with the tactics at Hampden until the game was lost, at which point it was too late. The idea that a team which featured Chris Smith would go into a semifinal on dire form and start playing total football is very silly. Everyone I was with that day was absolutely fucking beeling tbf.

The tactics, while not pretty or exciting, were minutes away from being successful.

Kilmarnock may not have been a brilliant team, but people seem to lose sight of the fact that we had a pretty poor team. Do people seriously think that attacking Kilmarnock from the first whistle would have been a better idea? We'd have lost in 90 minutes instead. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know anything about football and should go refund their season ticket.

The one complaint I had about the tactics was that we should have showed a bit of attacking endeavour sooner, i.e. after 60 or 65 minutes. Attacking in the last 5-10 minutes of extra-time when you're already losing is too late.

5 minutes ago, Leonard Cohen said:

The tactics, while not pretty or exciting, were minutes away from being successful.

Kilmarnock may not have been a brilliant team, but people seem to lose sight of the fact that we had a pretty poor team. Do people seriously think that attacking Kilmarnock from the first whistle would have been a better idea? We'd have lost in 90 minutes instead. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know anything about football and should go refund their season ticket.

The one complaint I had about the tactics was that we should have showed a bit of attacking endeavour sooner, i.e. after 60 or 65 minutes. Attacking in the last 5-10 minutes of extra-time when you're already losing is too late.

That's the complaint from most, it was a disaster of a day and only memorable for its misery and bewilderment.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

That's the complaint from most, it was a disaster of a day and only memorable for its misery and bewilderment.

It terms of it the occasion seeing as it was both a national cup semi-final and the biggest Ayrshire derby of all time in terms of what was at stake, it was a horribly disappointing game on a miserable day.

At some point in a cup match, you need to try to score in order to progress. Not conceding for 120 minutes and relying on penalties is very risky, as you only need to lose one goal for your entire gameplan to go out the window and the later you concede that one goal, the harder it is to get back in the game. Perversely, if we had conceded earlier the game might have had a different outcome.

7 minutes ago, Leonard Cohen said:

Ian McCall would have to be a lunatic to consider that move. Partick are a basket case of a club.

There is no rationality in football. 

We will probably offer a bigger wage and guaranteed funds in January.

Can he work with the dressing room is the main question. He should be able to get Bannigan on track which would be a major plus from our point of view.

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

There is no rationality in football. 

We will probably offer a bigger wage and guaranteed funds in January.

Can he work with the dressing room is the main question. He should be able to get Bannigan on track which would be a major plus from our point of view.

I think it would  be a backward move by Partick Thistle if they are looking to build for the future.

Stuart McCall or Lee Clark would be better choices for them.