The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:
If McCall is offered the Thistle job there’s absolutely no chance he will say no, it’s just a matter of whether our board offer it to him or not. You’re clearly better than us currently - thanks to the dearly departed Caldwell - but McCall loves Thistle and has said before he has unfinished business, plus we are (despite our current situation) clearly a bigger club. 

Maybe your correct but I have my doubts, yeah he has stated he loves Thistle band gas unfinished business but he has also said Ayr will be his last managers job and wanted to move upstairs, your club is in turmoil no money for buses eg and the potential new owners don't exactly come across so far as they are going to pump money in and last of all and most importantly he's got young guys as Ayr running through brick walls for him I think as he's got older he's all about setting an example and I don't think he's going to up and leave them and show that there is no loyalty bin Football anymore.

McColl is a championship manager and will never do anything above that level.  If Thistle want to get back to the great games between them and Killie they should look elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was on Sportsound last night, when asked about the Thistle takeover stuff he said that he had spoken to some of the board and they assured him that everything at the club was fine......Caldwell was still in a job at that time. 

Miller with Doolan as an assistant, lets get that rumour started.  

Whatever manager they get, him bringing back Doolan as an assistant/player would be a good way to get the fans on his side. Can see that happening more than  McCall taking over.

McColl is a championship manager and will never do anything above that level.  If Thistle want to get back to the great games between them and Killie they should look elsewhere. 

And people wonder why Scottish football is the shite state of affairs it’s in when Killie vs Partick Thistle was once viewed as a “great game of football”.

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

Thank you for your input toddle off now DKB and because Iof that I will over look the spelling of our managers name

Edited by Super cally

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

If Shankland can leave us for another Championship side, then it wouldn't be the biggest shock the world's ever seen, if McCall left for a club that's clearly close to his heart.

1 hour ago, VladimirMooc said:

We’re all diddy clubs. It’s just that we are slightly less of a diddy club than you, that’s all. 

Shankland honoured his contract with us, continued to try his hardest and left for a team offering him much more money / security and realistically a team who everyone expects to be promoted, as such he left with my best wishes.

On the other hand, we're only 5 matches into the season, our Manager has always been quick to ask the fans for this that and the other whether that be purchasing season tickets or travelling to away matches or creating an atmosphere at games etc etc and the fans (that's us) have done as he's asked, so in McCall's case I'd feel completely cheated / let down / disappointed and ultimately very angry if he left us in the lurch to join a rival club in the middle of a season.............

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Shankland honoured his contract with us, continued to try his hardest and left for a team offering him much more money / security and realistically a team who everyone expects to be promoted, as such he left with my best wishes.

On the other hand, we're only 5 matches into the season, our Manager has always been quick to ask the fans for this that and the other whether that be purchasing season tickets or travelling to away matches or creating an atmosphere at games etc etc and the fans (that's us) have done as he's asked, so in McCall's case I'd feel completely cheated / let down / disappointed and ultimately very angry if he left us in the lurch to join a rival club in the middle of a season.............

I’d argue that we haven’t. The fans that do go to away games go in really good numbers and create a good atmosphere, but at home we still don’t get the sort of crowds that a lot of fans claimed we would get as soon as we had a good team again so McCall would be well within his rights to be a bit disappointed that the “sleeping giant” chat really hasn’t come to pass at all yet despite how well he’s done to get us where we are.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d argue that we haven’t. The fans that do go to away games go in really good numbers and create a good atmosphere, but at home we still don’t get the sort of crowds that a lot of fans claimed we would get as soon as we had a good team again so McCall would be well within his rights to be a bit disappointed that the “sleeping giant” chat really hasn’t come to pass at all yet despite how well he’s done to get us where we are.

I disagree, we've more than doubled our home support since McCall's been here and this "sleeping giant" talk is just nonsense.

I've had a season ticket at Somerset for 30 years and I've never seen our home support above 2,500 and we're not far away from that right now.......

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I disagree, we've more than doubled our home support since McCall's been here and this "sleeping giant" talk is just nonsense.

I've had a season ticket at Somerset for 30 years and I've never seen our home support above 2,500 and we're not far away from that right now.......

I agree, but from McCall’s (and Lachlan’s) point of view he’s been told by plenty of fans that we are this sleeping giant with a dormant fan base who’d turn up in droves once we were competitive again in looking to get back to the Premiership. We now are, but haven’t had this huge fan base turn out like he’d have expected.

Are we close to 2500 home fans?

I always seem to be disappointed when looking up our home gate these days.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I agree, but from McCall’s (and Lachlan’s) point of view he’s been told by plenty of fans that we are this sleeping giant with a dormant fan base who’d turn up in droves once we were competitive again in looking to get back to the Premiership. We now are, but haven’t had this huge fan base turn out like he’d have expected.

In fairness McCall shouldn't be in the least bit concerned with our support levels as he's more than enough to worry about on the park. I do get your point that it can impact his budget for players etc, but in the case of Thistle, they're in complete turmoil off the pitch just now so I wouldn't see that as a driver in any decision making on McCall's part.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Are we close to 2500 home fans?

I always seem to be disappointed when looking up our home gate these days.

I'd say we're about 1,800 - 2,000 at the moment as opposed to the 900 just a couple of years back.

Rome wasn't built in a day.............

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
Whatever manager they get, him bringing back Doolan as an assistant/player would be a good way to get the fans on his side. Can see that happening more than  McCall taking over.

They wouldn't be able to have him as a player until January

When are we getting him as a player?

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Does anyone know why we have the tie up with Feyenoord ?

I'm sure someone told me about it years ago but I can't remember what it was ??

A couple of ayr fans that worked together moved too Rotterdam for their job.and they started following feyenoord. Which then resulted in feyenoord lads coming over here and vice versa.met a couple of them when they were over last year for a home game which was a boring goalless draw against Morton.