The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Same goes for people who think we can cancel the loan of Ross and get someone else in his place , we can cancel the loan but cannot get anyone to replace him until January , 

What's the story with Ross ?

Is he likely to appear any time soon ?

Watching Napoli last night just reminded me of the Ayrshire aces, previously I would have compared us with Barcelona, however I think our style is more similar to Napoli with Forrest, McCowan & Moffat much the same as Mertens, Insigne & Callejon both in their builds and the way they interchange etc and of course ably backed up by Kelly and Doc where Napoli have Fabian Ruiz and Allan.

Having said that, I'd take big Koulibaly at the back as I do feel he could improve us or at least provide decent cover for Roscoe.

All joking aside, the Napoli keeper is a 19 year old Italian U21 international and it just made me think of how Celtic are so backward thinking in refusing to give Ross Doohan a chance and instead are signing a bunch of dumplings and has been's from other clubs when they have an absolute Gem of their own standing right in front of them.

No wonder Scottish Football is in the state that it's in, still, Celtics stupidity is Super Ayr's gain.......................

44 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What's the story with Ross ?

Is he likely to appear any time soon ?

All I’ve heard isn’t it’s an ankle injury. Never any time scale when mentioned on the website or papers etc. I see him at the home games all the time but I don’t know if he’s even training yet 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

All I’ve heard isn’t it’s an ankle injury. Never any time scale when mentioned on the website or papers etc. I see him at the home games all the time but I don’t know if he’s even training yet 

Cheers

I think if Thistle had sacked Caldwell off and went for McCall over the summer, he would’ve went but he seems happy with the current state of things and the result on Saturday will only make him believe we could have another go at top 4 or beyond.

I just hope any speculation doesn’t distract either McCall or the players.

As mentioned, Thistle are currently a shambles both on and off the field where Ayr on the other hand are the exact opposite.

We've got an exciting young side who all appear to have a great relationship with both the Manager and each other and I firmly believe that McCall is sensible enough to know he's got a good thing here. We're a team and club on the up as opposed to jumping ship for a club in decline full of old timers with billy big time egos and owners who only appear interested in asset stripping the club or using them as a feeder for their lower league English play thing.

No story as far as I'm concerned.............

33 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I wonder if McCalls views have changed from last year  to this one over his plans with Ayr. Having a very successful season then losing a decent chunk of your player budget isn’t good if you have ambitions to win things 

Maybe  he should have done better against Alloa & the Bot then.

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

I wonder if McCalls views have changed from last year  to this one over his plans with Ayr. Having a very successful season then losing a decent chunk of your player budget isn’t good if you have ambitions to win things 

Budgets aren't everything, just look at Falkirk and Partick.

I'm pretty sure McCall fully appreciates that he's got some of the most exciting young players in the division / country currently on the books and he's also well aware that he's got more or less free reign to do as he pleases at Ayr, certainly from a footballing sense.

That counts for a great deal in my opinion................